Thread: disable the brake/transmission protection ???

disable the brake/transmission protection ???

hi gents
    is there a way to disable the transmission protection that does not allow you to use brake and accelorator at the same time?

this would be needed for to reasons.
    left foot braking while tracking the car and obviously stand still acceleration.

please assist
    thanks
    garbi

You could get an ecu tune and ask them to disable it, but its not recommended. That being said, riding in one that has it is a rush.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

APR tunes have this done standard for RS6

I was under the impression you had to ask for it. That they didnt automatically add it. That will DEFINITELY shorten your TC life...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Nope standard feature from APR

Yes if you left foot brake , and hold it on the stall. It is going to kill the converter quickly no doubt.

But that being said, if you are actually tracking your car, your converter is not going to last very long anyways. And a upgraded converter is something you may want to also look into.

I got ya. And definitely to tracking the car. I hope he beefs up his tranny and tc. sounds like he is going to "drive it like its meant to be driven"...

I have tracked the car quite often........ And believe me i dont hold back.
    This car is very tough.
    I have done the tcu tune and ecu tune.
    Additional oil & transmission coolers ( with the best gearbox oil , for racing)and change it every 2 track days.
    Kw 3's suspension & sway bars.
    Semi slicks tyres
    ferodo ds 2500 pads and racing brake fluid.
    The car is spot runs perfect except for excessive heat soak.
    I have now taken off the aircon condensor and alot of stuff in the engine comparment to get heat out , also i have put heat shield between the airbox and motor. This has made a big different as it never seems to get over 93 degrees (vagcom) during very hard driving , but will see next week at the trac day.

Is it not possible to override the system via vag-com?

Ciao
    garbi

Garbi, could you post a picture of the heat shield?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

please explain on how to post pics

garbi

There are a number of things you can't do with vag-com, including that. That is something that is easy to program, but is on the EEPROM, and bust be included during a reflash.