Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: review of car after last drive

review of car after last drive

Well I must say I had a 8000 learning curve on this car.

First off the car is one solid machine. It glides down the road and gets the look of a general on the road.

I really enjoyed the balance the car offered.

After having a 911tt, 335i, legacy gt, and a V70R this car was the cleanest looking.

The performance and pickup of the car was average. My 335i was faster to 150, the 911 was a 911, and my legacy wagon with a tune and the up/down combo was faster then the RS6.

I was hoping for more power with the ratings and was let down with the overall performance.

I did take it to 165 today and it was 96 out and it was limp. Looking forward to drive the 335i again and have that rear wheel drive feel.

I still cannot believe how much these cars cost to work on. I should have done a tad more research and saved the 8k

Could it be that your car was not running at full potential? Did you ever vagcom the car?

A Legacy gt is not on the same planet as the RS6.

335i faster to 150? Again not on my planet.

Can the RS6 be expensive to work on? Sure if you pay a dealer. My 2 yr carry cost has been 1500 dollars. Includes a full 35k service and full brake job with rotors.

I will pay the 750/yr to drive my car any day of the week.

What exactly was $8k? Your beast must be sick to get beat by a legacy. I have a buddy with a tuned 09 legacy gt and while it is fast, it doesn't hold a candle to my un-tuned rs6. Sometimes it "feels" faster due to the violent shifts, but it is not faster. I smoked an 09 wrx from 55 to 100 on the highway a liitle over a month ago. Sorry pellapat but I think we would need to see more evidence of some of the above claims, or I hope you get the car fixed, cause something has to be wrong.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Something must be going on with your car. Stock I would smoke vettes and new wrx sit's tuned no problem, and they are considerably faster then a 335.
    E60 M5, killed, 2002 Viper killed, what is next!?

I'll second that on the 335I, a friend at work's wife has one that he drives when it needs the service and he's run it against me twice. Once we started fairly equal and I blew him away and the second time I gave him the jump before I went for it and it took me unitl about 80mph to pass him but by then I left him behind fairly quickly. I think there must have been a boost issue (leaking intercoolers) or something with your car. Sorry to hear that you must have never really felt the normal acceleration your car was suppose to have. Just look at the 0 to 60 & 0 to 100 specs of the 335i and compare them to the RS6 specs from the magazines, your car has some issues, sorry.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I believe Pat sold his car and is describing his last drive, so any problems that the car may have are irrelevant now. I love my car, and If I for some reason had to let it go, I know I would be trying to convince myself that I never needed/ wanted it in the first place as well. That being said, honestly, these things are big, heavy, fast pigs. Not necessarily quick, but fast none the less. I wouldn't trade it for the world, due to the versatility, and the overall package. And I think if Pat would have kept it around and done a few modifications, he would have seen that it's that much more enjoyable once you tie up some of the loose ends.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

335i is no match for an RS6 any day period. I leave them standing still stock...run against several on rolling starts to 80 and from 65 up and i left them easily. No way in hell a legacy would ever stand a chance. Something just isn't/wasn't right with your car...very seriously you are/were missing something. Upper 80s here and my car is running pretty good...was cruising out to meeting in BFE and took out some huge redneck truck that wanted to race me...hehe... Ford 250 heavy duty with semi truck exhaust pipes and raised.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by pellapat View Post
    Looking forward to drive the 335i again and have that rear wheel drive feel.
    Amazing! one of the main things I love with this car is its stability and grip in wet weather conditions. And hear it is this guy can't wait to go back to rear wheel drive. Well to each his own I guess. And while I haven't really tested any one yet, when I slap this thing in "S" mode and step on it I doubt whether there are too many vehicles out there that can take me. This car is a shear beauty to drive . I feel like I am king of the road. It gets nothing but Respect where ever I go. I don't know if its the aggressive stance due to the wide tires and flares, but most people don't even want to challenge me. Right now all I have is the Stock SE Exhaust. Milltek Non Res is on its way(Tracked it last leaving the UK Yesterday). If people are afraid of me now, I can't imagine what it will be like with an even more aggressive Exhaust note. How can you not love these cars......
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

I agree wholeheartedly. If you've read any of my kills, you know where I stand :-)
    Da da da da da, I'm lovin it ;-)
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

. . . I should have done a tad more research and saved the 8k
    I'm a bit confused by this and maybe I'm missing something.

If you paid 8k for an RS6, you might want to check to see if someone just removed the A and added an RS to the rear deck lid?

I kid. If indeed, you did get it for a steal, there might be a reason that isn't readily apparent.

Nonetheless, be sure you've got the mechanical issues in proper order if you feel the car is lacking.

Otherwise, feel free to PM me if you want to sell the car and make a return on your investment.

the 8 k was the cost of owning the car for 8 months after the purchase and selling price.

I figured this car would do 0-60 in 4.5 not 5.6

Exactly...mine does. Stock. Too bad yours never did for you...I know some cars are stronger than others but yours seems to be too close to just being an A6 4.2. Mine is slower than P3u's I certainly know but easily below 5. I take out fast cars all the time. Vettes (older Z06), mustangs, show me any damn Z car, M cars (0-60 not above that), older AMGs (or any of them with a wet road surface), any non AMG Mercedes, even had a Ford GT and Ferrari 430 not loose me.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I drove 6 RS6s before purchasing mine a couple years back.

My car has run like a bat out of hell since day 1.

Even faster with Aces. hehe

There were other RS6s that were pooches and had performance problems. Mostly boost related and it killed performance.

Should have fixed the problem and you may have kept the car.

There is nothing on the road that even comes close to the RS6. Even at 2x the cost.

the 8 k was the cost of owning the car for 8 months after the purchase and selling price.

Mine does okay 0-60 in 4.0 to 4.1- I've been very happy with the performance of the heavy hog with the overall package it brings to the table.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20...n?highlight=60
    210K miles rolled

What did you have done to the car? I'm guessing timing belt service plus . . .

Legacy gt and 335i need not apply.

The great Bush Hog rules.

Dont mess with the Boss Hog people.

Dont slam the RS6 on your way out either.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Mine does okay 0-60 in 4.0 to 4.1- I've been very happy with the performance of the heavy hog with the overall package it brings to the table.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20...n?highlight=60

Lol @ Dave. And agreement. You can't beat this car for anywhere near the money. If its running correctly....
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

not slamming just not impressed! Think I will go back to a 91tt though.