Thread: Finally went up against an e60 M5

Finally went up against an e60 M5

RS6 1, M5 0

I was most pleased
    E60 M5, killed, 2002 Viper killed, what is next!?

Nice! Aren't you glad you got the Tozo Trans?
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by snoopra View Post
    Nice! Aren't you glad you got the Tozo Trans?
    Oh yeah

Still excited about this. pulled over 5 cars from 40 in a 60mph spread. Didn't know what was going to happen, thought it would be a very close race, but the beast had something to say about that.
    Last edited by p3u; July 11th, 2010 at 09:31.

Actually i've out run 2 of them 0 to 60 at stop lights w stock but only by the length of the car...so your 5 car stretch sounds about right for your car. They don't seem to hook up as well as their owner's would like it seems.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I'm sure for the M5 that their traction control is pulling some power through much of first gear.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I have owned an E60 M5 for over 3 years and I can tell you that unless you are using BMWs built in launch control program or at the very least turn off traction control, I will always lose to a fast quattro. Now, what would be interesting is a track day with an RS6 and E60 M5!!

That's why we did a roll from 40 so traction was taken out of the equation.

p3u. What have you done to your car? I'm sure I've read it somewhere but can't remember.

0-60 mph is a mess in the M5 on the streets. But at speed those things goes like a bat. What speed did you reach?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    p3u. What have you done to your car? I'm sure I've read it somewhere but can't remember.

0-60 mph is a mess in the M5 on the streets. But at speed those things goes like a bat. What speed did you reach?
    I have the eurocharged tune, gutted down pipes, milltek exhaust, hyperboost dv's, mtm tcu, jhm light weight rotors, and k&n filters.

Forgot, we went from 40 to 100, very pleased with the result.

You have the 91 octane map?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

that would be the one

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    Forgot, we went from 40 to 100, very pleased with the result.
    Then I guess the bimmer got a lesson from a beast!

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro RS View Post
    I have owned an E60 M5 for over 3 years and I can tell you that unless you are using BMWs built in launch control program or at the very least turn off traction control, I will always lose to a fast quattro. Now, what would be interesting is a track day with an RS6 and E60 M5!!
    Been there , done that... last October we had an Audi/MB event where all the AMG guys came out and a couple E60 M5's came out as well for good measure.

In the morning, it was raining and way wet - enough said.

After lunch, clean dry surface, it still wasn't much of a showing. The AMG guys were fast, but couldn't get their E63/SL65's to turn well... the M5's though were strong on the straights... no video.

THIS October, we will have a " re-match " same guys better cars ( me too ) so we will see AND video this time around!

Steve
    "You have first to experience what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)

Hi everyone! Jerry from Eurocharged here.

Let me start by saying that I own an E60 M5 and drive it every day. With that out of the way, I will also say that I developed the tune for the RS6 and I'm very well aware of what it can do.

The M5 will lose to the RS6 in any race (unless you're starting at 75mph) when the RS6 is tuned. A stock RS6 can be beaten by a "ready" M5.

The E60 M5 requires a bit of configuring before it is ready to race an RS6. For those of you not aware, the M5 has a 400HP and 500HP driving mode. The 400HP mode is always the default when the vehicle is started. The SMG tranny can also be configured and if not optimized, the result will be ugly when racing the RS6. For those who care, google "P500 Sport".

Here is a video of me doing a redlight to redlight run here in Houston. I short shifted 1st to avoid wheel spin, but I redlined it from 2nd to 3rd and got a little wheel spin at 70mph. You can hear the chrip from 2nd to 3rd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xttoB8DiZXc

My car has a tune and only put down 424 whp on the same Mustang dyno as a couple of RS6 owners. They put down 357 whp and 429 wtrq.

I still feel that from redlight to redlight, the RS6 will win everytime.

Jerry
    Toronto Dyno Tuning Day is 1/22/2011 - Call Jerry @ 312-446-6326
    San Francisco Dyno Tuning Day is 1/8/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Eurocharged View Post
    Hi everyone! Jerry from Eurocharged here.

Let me start by saying that I own an E60 M5 and drive it every day. With that out of the way, I will also say that I developed the tune for the RS6 and I'm very well aware of what it can do.

The M5 will lose to the RS6 in any race (unless you're starting at 75mph) when the RS6 is tuned. A stock RS6 can be beaten by a "ready" M5.

The E60 M5 requires a bit of configuring before it is ready to race an RS6. For those of you not aware, the M5 has a 400HP and 500HP driving mode. The 400HP mode is always the default when the vehicle is started. The SMG tranny can also be configured and if not optimized, the result will be ugly when racing the RS6. For those who care, google "P500 Sport".

Here is a video of me doing a redlight to redlight run here in Houston. I short shifted 1st to avoid wheel spin, but I redlined it from 2nd to 3rd and got a little wheel spin at 70mph. You can hear the chrip from 2nd to 3rd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xttoB8DiZXc

My car has a tune and only put down 424 whp on the same Mustang dyno as a couple of RS6 owners. They put down 357 whp and 429 wtrq.

I still feel that from redlight to redlight, the RS6 will win everytime.

Jerry
    I do win and i do know that...its fun watching the BMW owner frantically f'ing with their console for the second and third light in a row : ) ...hehehe WTF... to me the car should always be ready...except for the valet... Obviously i have had an M6 walk away at speed but that was the first time i saw an M car do it properly as it should (65-90+) I'm glad i do not have to configure diddly sh$t to run light to light other than make a clean launch without the traction control kicking in. On a mustang i put down 395 and 390 wtrq. Need to find the printout to prove it but is true as was 4 years ago but 395 horse at the wheels stock means my engine is doing some stuff it should not...explains the fact that tranny number 4 is in my car though.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    I do win and i do know that...its fun watching the BMW owner frantically f'ing with their console for the second and third light in a row : ) ...hehehe WTF... to me the car should always be ready...except for the valet... Obviously i have had an M6 walk away at speed but that was the first time i saw an M car do it properly as it should (65-90+) I'm glad i do not have to configure diddly sh$t to run light to light other than make a clean launch without the traction control kicking in. On a mustang i put down 395 and 390 wtrq. Need to find the printout to prove it but is true as was 4 years ago but 395 horse at the wheels stock means my engine is doing some stuff it should not...explains the fact that tranny number 4 is in my car though.
    With a good driver, the car is always ready. All you have to do is configure it one time, then press the little "M" button on the steering wheel when you want to unleash the full potential of the car. I agree with you....the car should always be ready.
    Toronto Dyno Tuning Day is 1/22/2011 - Call Jerry @ 312-446-6326
    San Francisco Dyno Tuning Day is 1/8/2011

RS6 x2 - M5 E60 x0 for my 215K ride. Both cars are remarkable pieces of automotive engineering. I love the both cars, but obviously partial to the Audi.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down