Thread: New RS6 - Need Some Insurance ?

Post New RS6 - Need Some Insurance ?

does anyone know of insurance companies in the UK that quote great annual prices for the ??

That sounds like a question for The Brit. Here in the States thing are quite a bit different. I'm paying @ $1200.00 annually for my Beast

Ben

Benman,

Who is your carrier? That seems very low, I have a perfect(believe it or not) driving record and I pay 50% more than yours a year with Farmers. I have a large amount of insurance with an umbrella...maybe that is the difference.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

I'm with Farmers. Multiple cars, clean record and I pay around $1650/year. Benman, your $1200 sounds very good!!

Jim

Insurance premiums depend on so many different factors that it is not possible to recommend 'the best' price. However, Norwich Union Direct have always been a good deal on my Audis. My RS6 was a change of vehicle almost exactly 6 months through the period of cover. Calculation suggests that my equivalent annual premium is around £850. That's for 10,000 mile pa, 49 y/o + wife, full business use, garaged, in berkshire, protected NCD.

(Oh, btw - my wife is most unlikely to drive the RS, but the premium was lower with her included!)
    03 RS6 Avant - Daytona Grey, Silver Leather/Alcantara :)

not to detract even more from RS6Raz's question but to answer Jim and Bauer i also have Farmers (small world). Yes my rate IS very good (and i'm only 27). I've been with the same agent since i started driving and my parents even longer.

I must say that although my agent is great i would recommend State Farm as The Best auto insurance company to have and work with (my awesom agent is the only reason i stay with Farmers and he knows it ).

Ben

Originally posted by peterb
    Norwich Union Direct have always been a good deal on my Audis.
    My previous Audis were all insured with NU (via a broker) through my business, and their rates were not fantastic, not terrible.

Then when we got the RS 6s, they quoted us a price that sounded great compared to any comparative quote, so we went for it. A couple of months later, they started asking questions about where the cars were kept, how often they were left out overnight etc and eventually told us they were declining to continue our insurance! We think they may have quoted us for S6s by mistake originally...

Anyway, we got a quote from the Co-op Insurance Services and it was significantly lower than NU, despite the agent saying he thought they were usually uncompetitive on luxury and performance cars. He think they may just have a low number of Audi claims by sheer circumstance and that makes their premium lower.

Hopefully I'll never need to know how good their claims processing department is!
    +=====================================+
    ChrisB aka TheBrit, as named by Clout & SantorinSteve over on AW.

Now
    +-------
    Daytona Grey C6 RS 6 Avant
    Meteor Grey S5 Tip

History
    +-------
    Lava Grey C6 allroad 3.0 TDI
    Daytona Grey D3 S8 (twice)
    Ebony Black D3 W12 SWB
    Ebony Black C5 allroad 2.5 TDI Tip Limited Edition
    Silver A2 1.6 FSI SE
    Silver C5 A6 Avant 2.7T Sport
    Volcano Black B5 A4 2.8 qm Sport

Originally posted by TheBrit
    We think they may have quoted us for S6s by mistake originally...
    Despite my telling the guy that the premium was too low when I first got my A6 2.7TqS, and phoning on every renewal to get them to correct the capacity from 2771cc to 2671cc, it wasn't until I'd had the car for 3 years that Norwich Union Direct finally twigged that I had a 2.7T, not a 2.8! What was interesting was that the insurance companies seem to share their data around because everytime I looked on the web for comparative quotes, as soon as I entered the registration no., the systems always came up with A6 2.8.

They seem to have the correct details for the RS from day 1, so I'm pretty sure they've got it right this time.
    03 RS6 Avant - Daytona Grey, Silver Leather/Alcantara :)

Geez, I have a pretty descent record ( just 1 speeding in last 3 years) and the RS6 would have cost me over $3200 per year with AIG, so I slapped it under wife (mulit car) and still over $1900 per year with her as primary driver. I have Allstate and yes they do suck! I have no idea why I'm still with them.

Farm Bureau Insurance

Just paid my first 6 month premium $719.

Clean driving record the last 3 years, no speeding tix, never any claims.

I have USAA insurance that is available for military or past military and their families. My father-in-law was in the military so we got the insurance through him. My six month premium is $590. I have not had a claim with them yet but I hear they are good to work with in that area . Their customer service is great.
    Last edited by sturs6; September 18th, 2003 at 20:08.

RS6Raz ,

whoops:blush: I think i started a U.S. takeover of this thread. Sorry about that. Hope Peter was able to answer your question.

Ben