Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Retroquattro. Is it a fact or just a rumor?

sportquattro based on A3? sorry i cant believe it, all sources said it will be base don A5 / RS5. it will have the sportdifferential and thats impossible for A3 base because its using haldex
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoloco View Post
    Hehe, finally.... Based on A3 but heavily modified of course. 5 cyl engine turbocharged. A real toy, very pricey, limited edition.
    based on the new/next A3 chassis-platform or the old one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoloco View Post
    Hehe, finally.... Based on A3 but heavily modified of course. 5 cyl engine turbocharged. A real toy, very pricey, limited edition.
    What do you mean? It's not going to be just a concept but the real production ready model already?!! hard to believe... This is all too good to be true!!

I look at these images and I must say that it looks a lot more like a shortened A5 shape than anything else, almost A5SB at the rear. But it's a little distrubing to think that this could probably be made on the platform of the A3, no matter how good the TTRS is, because I would have thought that if this car is indeed the quattro sport model being rumoured it would have used the latest quattro hardware at it's heart and not a Haldex system.

Unless this is based on the next A3 which is to drop the Haldex in favour for the new system adopted else where in Audi's range which would be an exciting thought.

I think what we gonna see here is actually the first implementation of newly developed mid engined platform with transversal mounting of the same, designed to be shared soon across VAG group!

It is possible that the Retroquattro or Sportquattro will come out of the E-tron/R4 concept. If Audi wants to celibrate 30th quattro anniversary the car must be on the market very soon. It would be silly to cellibrate something this year but not to be able to give awy the present until 2 years later

We also know that the R4 cannot be called R4 because Renault probably has that name copyrighted.
    RATTRacing.com

If it was to be based on the e-torn/R4 concept, surely that would mean that this car wouldn't be offered with any other engine because the whole point of the sportquattro was to rekindle the heritage of the original, another car which was a one-off unique. Different engine options would dilute it's importance in my opinion.

It's kind of like offering the GTR with a 3.7v6 and possibly a 3.0 diesel, the heritage of the GTR would instantly die too.

It is clearly based on R4/e-tron, shape wise... no need to bang our heads on that! What's lurking ''underneath'' is a question mark....

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    It is clearly based on R4/e-tron, shape wise... no need to bang our heads on that! What's lurking ''underneath'' is a question mark....
    Well said, darkrop, this is the R4 or whatever Audi's production version of the VW Bluesport-based coupe is called. That means mid-rear transverse mounted engine and Haldex AWD. I don't think this car is the Quattro Anniversario. I believe that the Anniversario is an entirely different car and A5 coupe-based.

We know that a lightened version of the A5 coupe chassis has been tested and has achieved a target weight in the region of 1496 Kgs. If this is correct and Audi have fitted a longitudinally-mounted 2.5 in-line 5 cylinder engine from the TT-RS, then that could well be the formula they need to deliver RQ.

If only 333 are being produced, then I imagine Audi will want to charge a horrendous price: €150,000+. That could make a €60,000 RS3 seem cheap. And if you chipped the RS3 to get 400 bhp, you might be very close to the RQ without having to remortgage the house.

(Qisha must be enjoying our desperate attempts to predict Audi's gameplan.)

Is it just me, or does it look like there is a slightly raised hood vent in this close-up of the picture, just above the trailing point of the headlight?

it sure looks like it
    RATTRacing.com

Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    Is it just me, or does it look like there is a slightly raised hood vent in this close-up of the picture, just above the trailing point of the headlight?

I know what you will say about dealers not knowing their arse from their elbow but I was in London yesterday and happen to call into a dealer who's sales staff made the comment that the Sportquattro would be shown in concept form at Paris with a video presentation. Maybe this is that car in this picture and the ski resort is the venue for that presentation?

RATTRacing.com

I hope both he's front and rear photoshop drawings are wrong, that nose is as ugly as sin and the rear is even worse with the black (aka R8v10 look) insert and those rear lights, what was the man thinking.

There is two things this car needs apart for better looks than those PS is even more extension on the wheel arches and the other is a fire breathing guts churning engine/exhaust note. The 5 cylinder engine is a must for it be pay homage to the original and decent steering feel wouldn't go a miss.

P.S.
    And while we are at it, beat the hell out of the competition.

just in from paris

boring e-tron or flamethrowing retroquattro?

RATTRacing.com

And it's awesome!!!