Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Retroquattro. Is it a fact or just a rumor?

Dream Ride

This is a great reveal and proof indeed that Audi listens to the fans who buy their cars. Lightened and shortened RS5 with the 2.5T and a manual wow!!! Hope the release is global and not priced astronomically high or in very limited numbers, the R8 awoke the competition, a more attainable SportQuattro will ensure Audi is regarded as the #1 exciting sport luxury automobile brand.

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

^^^^^^^^^ WOW ^^^^^^^^^

That would SERIOUSLY temp me to sell the RS 6. "Power to weight ratio on par with the R8 V10"... just wow...

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Yes, I wan't one!

Thanks for the video Erik.

words of Winterkorn about a production version

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/253035/

Volkswagen Group CEO Martin Winterkorn has told Autocar he wants the firm "to do" the Quattro, with the possibility of it entering production within three years. He said the cost of putting a new body on an existing platform was between 400-500 million euro and this money would be recouped by either high volume or high prices. If it makes production, Winterkorn expects a combination of both strategies in making and selling the car: around 30-35,000 Quattro units would be made per year with a "solid price" tag.

The ability to achieve 30,000 to 35,000 units per year is directly related to price. As soon as as the price of any car goes above €100,000, volumes shrink.

Quote Originally Posted by andreadebi View Post
    words of Winterkorn about a production version:

around 30-35,000 Quattro units would be made per year with a "solid price" tag.
    Wow, there goes exclusivity ...
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    The ability to achieve 30,000 to 35,000 units per year is directly related to price. As soon as as the price of any car goes above €100,000, volumes shrink.
    500 million euros divided by 35000 units means roughly 14K euros per car above the price of the RS5, but as they would be using a smaller engine, probably not fitting a lot of the luxuries and it has less interior trimming as it's a two seater all of which will cost less, there is a good chance the car could (in theory) cost only 8-10k euros above an RS5 or in English £6-8K more.

The possibility of a Retroquattro at £65K is something to get REALLY excited about.

Stuff exclusivity, give us a car to match or possibly beat a 911C2/4S at the same money, only in a ultra modern package which is something that Audi are brilliant at.

I saw the car in flesh. It is very short compaired to an Audi A5 which is a really really beautifull car. Very short and very square if you see what I mean.

With a such short wheelbase and enough power, I can barely imagine how much fun it can be on curvy country roads...

Quote Originally Posted by Lmg View Post
    For that, we have this:

de-fookin-licious!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

the Concept stage is well advanced. I can tell you so much, there is something coming and it is not going to take years...

Public feedback will give a outlook on presumable sale figures and tend to adjust the limitation...

Qisha
    Very nice and interesting overall. But I have two related worries:

1) Any reasonable production version will be nowhere close to 1300 kg when the smaller TT RS with the same engine and lots of aluminium in the chassis is close to 1500 kg even without DSG....

2)...or if indeed we have lots of carbon panels including brakes and buckets also in the production version, the price will by far overshoot that of the TT RS and probably even the RS5.

Hope I am wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroFun View Post

1) Any reasonable production version will be nowhere close to 1300 kg when the smaller TT RS with the same engine and lots of aluminium in the chassis is close to 1500 kg even without DSG....

2)...or if indeed we have lots of carbon panels including brakes and buckets also in the production version, the price will by far overshoot that of the TT RS and probably even the RS5.

Hope I am wrong here.
    That's the point I tried to make here.

If I'm not mistaken don't Audi quote their weight figures without the 75kg that the likes of BMW include, if so then the 1300kg actually becomes 1375kg which is only 125kg shy of the TTRS.

Now before you say it I do already know that 125kg would still be a huge gap to find but if they trim back on the luxuries, remove the rear seating area and remove all of the steel out of the TT's construction then I am sure they could get even the TTRS close to this figure without the need to include much if any carbon fibre.

Another thing, with each year and increased knowledge of how to work with aluminium I am sure they can make it equally as strong without the same amount of materials, in other words the TT could possibly be made lighter if it were designed now instead of a few years ago.

Hope I am wrong here.
    I doubt they were ever considering to sell the car as low as the TTRS, I were go as far as to say that I doubt the RS5 price was ever a realistic figure.

But I hope I am wrong because I too would love it to offer all this potential performance in a GTR type value for money price, but I am a realist.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I doubt they were ever considering to sell the car as low as the TTRS, I were go as far as to say that I doubt the RS5 price was ever a realistic figure.
    For something like that concept quattro? I am thinking otherwise, but what do I know. With this economy, it's time to offer up a solid little sports coupe, not a premium super midget.

Love the drivetrain 5 cylinder engine manual gearbox ect although slightly more power would not hurt say 450hp can sacrifce a little of that lowdown grunt if they must ,and can also add a dual clutch gearbox as an option.

Design vice i like it overall but the front is a little to futuristic for my taste i like it brutal but not to sharpish looking.
    The back could be a little longer and more level or up pointing looking from a profile.
    Interior i like but would look better with some ventilation vents or screen in the center off the dashboard looks to naked without.

I bet this Audi would be fun to drive i just hope if they make it that you can turn off TC and ESP completely.

When considering the price I think what everyone forgets that this should be as fast 0-100km/h as an R8 V10. Put a price on that

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    When considering the price I think what everyone forgets that this should be as fast 0-100km/h as an R8 V10. Put a price on that
    Personally, I'd rather budget the cost for performance upgrades after the initial purchase. If they offer a basic 5cyl turbo machine for a good price, it allows the consumer to mod it per their individual needs and means. Just another reason to keep it simple - I'd love to play with it gradually like I did with the B5S4 and the RS6. Why pay a ton of money for factory performance (and R&D) that will in many cases get removed or tweaked anyway? Obviously a lot of aftermarket goodies will be available for such a car if it gets produced.

(the motive behind my constant "just the basics" desire is that such an approach might be more economically feasible for Audi to actually produce it and not shelve it because it will cost too much to even produce and/or have such a high price point that production is limited, making it so exclusive that we (in the states) never even see it because of its small market appeal)

LOL, oh well, time for me to stop daydreaming about ever owning one of these...

10/08/10
    Outlining the steps leading up to the quattro's possible low-volume production, Stephan Reil, head of development at Audi's quattro division said: “We need to collect feedback to see if it is possible to produce a small series. Audi has no heritage in building 200 to 500 cars that are really exotic. But it won't be over 100,000 [Euros, or $140,000].”

Hinting about a possible technical tie-up with sister company Lamborghini, whose expertise in carbon fiber is set to play a major role in the quattro's lightweight body construction, Reil said: “This car [the Quattro] and Lamborghini are in the same exotic corner.”