Thread: R8 GT or not

R8 GT or not

Hia,
    After 4 years with my RS4 I am thinking of getting another more sporty Audi. I recently went to my dealer and talked to them about the R8 GT supposedly here in Dubai for next Feb. As I understand there are going to be 333 of them made (five reserved for Dubai). Now the asking price if I put down a 20% deposit is 700000AED (190,00USD) which is a lot of money but still within my range. However how limited is a 333 series really. How would the limited series affect something like depreciation because for example my RS4 is like depreciation hell :-)... although to be fair I have no interest in selling it. Also is there any chance of getting a low mileage R8 GT from like Germany (or demo unit) or would that be unlikely considering the limited production? I have a month or so probably before I need to put down the deposit (I don't want the spec. they ordered so they need to change their order hence the deposit)

Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

// jpb

Cool

hey man, since am in Dubai, once you got it - plz invite me for a spin!!
    congrats in advance!

Hahaha wil do mate no probs.... but still it's somewhat of an if still.... There are a lot of fun things for 190KUSD.... but I need some time to think about it :-). Also there are some other really nice cars in that price bracket....

I'm thinking about getting one too (US) but haven't decided yet. As for the limited aspect of it, it won't be hard to get one used. Tons of cars these days are limited, but they all depreciate and can be had cheaper used -- 16M, LP570-4, LP670-4, LP550-Balboni, 911 GT2 (soon,) etc. Limiting it to 333 units will not turn it into a Ferrari Enzo by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by wedouglas View Post
    I'm thinking about getting one too (US) but haven't decided yet. As for the limited aspect of it, it won't be hard to get one used. Tons of cars these days are limited, but they all depreciate and can be had cheaper used -- 16M, LP570-4, LP670-4, LP550-Balboni, 911 GT2 (soon,) etc. Limiting it to 333 units will not turn it into a Ferrari Enzo by any means.
    Yes I guess your right. I just don't really know what limited in car terms means.... 333 seems like a whole lot to me :-). Anyhow I have until end of August to make my mind up should I want a brand spanking new one on orange with bucket seats. Else in Feb I could get one of the five suzuka grey with sports seats that are on order. However I am thinking that even then I should be able to order a custom one. Just because they are only allocated one doesn't mean that can't get special orders or!? I really want it to match my RS4... so imola yellow is my first choice.

// jpb

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    hey man, since am in Dubai, once you got it - plz invite me for a spin!!
    congrats in advance!
    Thanks for the week's first laugh.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Another question my dealer here says it's only available in 4 colors however when I checked the German catalogue it states that Audi exclusive is available for custom colors. Can anyone on the board confirm or deny this?

Quote Originally Posted by bobey View Post
    Another question my dealer here says it's only available in 4 colors however when I checked the German catalogue it states that Audi exclusive is available for custom colors. Can anyone on the board confirm or deny this?
    You can have more than 4 colors for choice. I just ordered one in Suzuka grey matt from one German dealer.
    Suzuka grey matte coming soon!

Those are the standard colors. You can order any color you want, including matte.

Quote Originally Posted by wedouglas View Post
    Those are the standard colors. You can order any color you want, including matte.
    Hia,

Yes I just got confirmation of that yesterday... imola yellow it is then :-).... if I go for it...

Quote Originally Posted by bobey View Post
    Hia,

Yes I just got confirmation of that yesterday... imola yellow it is then :-).... if I go for it...
    of course you will! c'moon - don't betray us here ...
    (counting on you... )

the R8 GT is such a special car, and will be so rare, that ordering one would be a no brainer in any way shape or form. given the regular V10's numbers this thing is going to be bada$$. the only thing it is missing is a true manual transmission option.

resale or no resale value, driving and owning this car would be a very special positive tick on a driver's list of life experiences. the only difficult decision would be deciding what color to order it in.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    the R8 GT is such a special car, and will be so rare, that ordering one would be a no brainer in any way shape or form. given the regular V10's numbers this thing is going to be bada$$. the only thing it is missing is a true manual transmission option.

resale or no resale value, driving and owning this car would be a very special positive tick on a driver's list of life experiences. the only difficult decision would be deciding what color to order it in.
    yes, and not being able to chose the color would be a deal breaker for me!