Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, who here has been "Bad?"

OK, who here has been "Bad?"

Come clean, which one of you guys/gals has been out toying with a M5?

Misbehaving RS 6 Driver

I have warned them, but for some reason they don't listen over at m5.com
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

no badge necessary

I'm all the way on the East Coast, so it's definitely not me that he was toying with.
    However, I can't believe it took him a bit of time to recognize the difference of the car being an RS6, since he's an M5 owner, and hopefully has a trained eye.

I think the RS6 slight mod differences are just as pronounced as an M5. Thus, I know when an M5 is in front of me, in my rear view mirror, or by my side without needing to check the badge!
    But that's just me.

nene: Yeah, one might wonder... :eye:
    But it's great to read about a M5 owners confession.
    Are they ready to accept the fact just yet?

It wasn't me even though I live in the SF Bay Area. Have not yet found any M5 willing to go.

Do have someting intresting to add that the guys over at BMW M5 will not like but it does come from a 20 year BMW veteran mechanic/ shop owner/tunner. He also has about 5 years as a head CAN AM race car mechanic....so needless to say he know his sh*t.

I stopped by his shop yesterday to show him the beast, at first he seemed kind of disintrested like he has with all my other Audi's. The I started the thing for him and opened the hood and drivers door and told him to get in. Thats when he started to notice the RS6. I spent time explaining the transmission, the different modes, the paddle shiffiting, breaks and suspension. As he looked more closley he realized the performance and quality of the car. He was gwaking at the 8 pistion breaks and the size of the front and rear rotors.

His comment to me was that he has never been really impressed with the cars Audi puts out, but this car was better than any other he has seen, BY FAR. I asked him to compare it to the M5 and he said that the M5 was a "piece of sh*t and that the engineering in the car, looks like it was designed by 16 year old kids". He went on to say that he does not know why all of the magazines tout the engineering in the car becauses there is nothing special too it.

This is even before he drives the RS6.....now you may say he was just being nice to me. He has always stated his honest opnion when it come to cars. If he though the RS6 was crap he would tell me. His last comment to me before I had to run was that the RS6 was better then anything BMW has out. I am going to stop by on Wednesday to let him drive it so he can finish his opnion.

I thought it was kind of interesting.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

my "local wrench" made the same comment about the BMW - working on BMW and Audi/VW for last 30 years.

Nice m5 quote:

"well.. you couldn't pass him.. but it seems like he couldn't really pull away that much from you either.. doesn't seem to me like you "lost" per say...."

from ElusiveJay at M5 Board:

I must say these cars do not look very stylish. Just looks like a big bubble on wheels.

Oh really :byeM5:
    [img]http://www.audioimports.com/slogos3c.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://www.audioimports.com/cars/Audi.htm]Andre's Audi Pages[/url]
    [url=http://www.audiclubsa.org.za]Audi Club of South Africa[/url]

well it wasn't me either although i was up there last weekend and got to play with a C32 (well, more like spanked). as Nene says he should of noticed a little sooner.

Bauer, nice to hear what that mechanic had to say. Would like to know his impressions after a spin.

Ben

Yes in fact :trash:

Seriously I like the Avant more. The sedan reminds me a bit of a Beetle. :error:

Originally posted by avdh
    from ElusiveJay at M5 Board:

I must say these cars do not look very stylish. Just looks like a big bubble on wheels.

Oh really :byeM5:

Re: no badge necessary

Originally posted by nene
    I'm all the way on the East Coast, so it's definitely not me that he was toying with.
    However, I can't believe it took him a bit of time to recognize the difference of the car being an RS6, since he's an M5 owner, and hopefully has a trained eye.

I think the RS6 slight mod differences are just as pronounced as an M5. Thus, I know when an M5 is in front of me, in my rear view mirror, or by my side without needing to check the badge!
    But that's just me.
    Nene, I bet you canīt spot and M5 on your rear view mirror. I can tell you I saw like 10 M5s at my rear view mirror and when they got passed my they were 530d with M options, even the M mirrors they use...

But well I onlt saw 4 RS6 until now and only 1 that was no parked and , yeah its more less easy to spot ....
    Artur Costa

I have been "turning wrenches" since 1989 for Mercedes Benz, and Audi dealerships, I have owned my own auto repair shop since 1996 with my brother who has been with Porsche/Audi since 1977, I have also had to work on Bimmers when I wasnt working for myself yet and I can safely say that they are crap, now that is my own personal opinion because I have had the unpleasure of working on them I dont see the great engineering etc. They dont hold up as well and their interiors are like a Chevy Cavaliers as far as I am concerned. I know alot of you may come back at me saying that what I said isnt true but you havent seen or driven more of them than me (unless you have been unlucky ). One thing is certain people buy what they want and more power to them, I wont even work on a BMW in my shop how much I hate them in a mechanical manner, not even an oil change will be done. My 98 A8 had 123k on it when I sold it to my cousin he took the car home to show his wife and when he got home phoned me to tell me that he swore when he glanced at the odometer he thought the car had only 23k on it that is how well the A8 has held up, granted I have taken great care of the car since I bought it with 73k on it but I have driven many bimmers with 50k that drove like they were @ 150k.

Again its just my opinion and I like it

Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

Ok ok it was me!!!!

Just kidding, I'm on the east coast. I'm quite surprised at some of the comments made over there as I generally found ALL M5 owners to be pretty stand up guys.

Today, I asked a buddy of mine with Dinan CAI and Stage 2 to run with me, he was actually VERY intimidated...why does this guy even own a M5...he gives me the impression that unless he KNOWS he's going to win, he will not run.

I don't know about the M5 pulling on the RS6 at high speeds as my BEAST seems to have a Super strong 4th gear. As I commented earlier, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd don't feel as strong as 4th...pretty weird.

I can't post over there I don't have permission.

Originally posted by AvusRS6
    As I commented earlier, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd don't feel as strong as 4th...pretty weird.
    As I understand it, the gearbox control unit and ECU cooperate to restrict torque in lower gears in order to reduce strain on the gearbox. I presume that this is what you are experiencing.
    03 RS6 Avant - Daytona Grey, Silver Leather/Alcantara :)

Re: Re: no badge necessary

Originally posted by Artur Costa
    [B]Nene, I bet you canīt spot and M5 on your rear view mirror.

Ola Artur,
    Tudo bem? Eu sou dos Acores. Ilha the Sao Miguel! Vivo nos Estados Unidos desde 1988. E gosto que outro Portugues frequente este forum.
    Nao sei se te lembras, mas 'nene' era um jogador Benfiquista que usava numero 7. Como vives no Porto, nao espero que gostes do Benfica. Futebol Portugues e um dos melhores. Sinto muita saudades.

Sorry for the Portuguese folks, but it's not everyday I meet another Portuguese person on these boards!!!
    I agree that now that BMW has the M-options available such as front bumper for regular 5-series it makes it harder to spot the real thing. However, the M5 still sits a bit lower, and you can spot the real thing with some measure of certainty.
    Regardless of it being so, since the Bimmer driver came from behind, you really don't need to check the badge, as the rear is visibly different.

I have no reason to speak anything bad about Benz, Bimmer or Audi. I love them all.

I really am a car geek - Identify M5s in your rear view by looking at their rearview mirror - its oval compared to the standard 5 series rectangular rearview mirror.

Avus,

Have you tired to sign up to post over there at BMW M5?????? or is Gustav not letting you on for the fear that you may cause trouble:

We all know what a bad apple you are
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

m5board.com is quite big, Gustav now moderates all new members. Also - no need to start any flamethrowing war on each other.

I've said it before, Gustav and I are friends and the forums are on the same server.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail