Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK, who here has been "Bad?"

Eirk,

Not trying to start any "battling" between the boards, just friendly debate. If BMW M5 wants to censor peolpe then they may, it is Gustav's board. I do believe that we are all "adults" here and do know how to handle ourselves in a proper manner. After all we are just talikng about cars, nothing life threatening :roll: .

Best Regards,.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Who me?

Originally posted by Erik
    m5board.com is quite big, Gustav now moderates all new members. Also - no need to start any flamethrowing war on each other.
    I thought I was very well-behaved, for ME that is.

Personally I don't take any of this stuff seriously, just good-natured fun on my part.

I know Bauer. But there are sometimes examples of people who can't handle themselves, probably just to upset other people.
    On the other hand, some people are over sensitive to other peoples cars and their opinions...
    The problem with m5.com is there's so many members now, and many join just to start flamethrowing or trash the forums.
    Can't really blame Gustav since they have 7,102 members...
    It takes a lot of time to run these forums, and you don't want useless things to waste your day.

I take the liberty to delete members if they do not behave, for the good of all others. It has only happened in some rare occassion and it's not a big problem.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Re: Who me?

Originally posted by iconcls
    I thought I was very well-behaved, for ME that is.
    I didn't mean anyone specifically.
    What I meant was rather that I/we don't want people who post about how good the M5 is everywhere around here.
    The RS6 and the M5 are both lovely cars, but there's no need to tell people who don't want to read about it in the wrong place.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Erik,

I did not know the board had that many members......does Gustav have a staff ???? He may need one with that many members.

I think it is great that the two of you take your time to do all of this and I really appreciate it, as there is a lot of good info and entertainment here.

Speeking of entertainment...ICON you surely provied much of it
    Bauer

01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

to the opinions...I just, tonight had and encounter with and M5, but not like the one this post started with. I was walking out to my friends car and I knew there was a BMW parked in front - thought it was my neighbors sisters - she has a silver 325 and is there often. I stopped dead in my tracks - it was an M5...Now, who does it belong to? We were sitting on my front porch and about 5 minutes later the owner came up - I asked "is that your M5"? He said yes, and said he had seen me in my RS6 earlier...He had just test driven an RS6 at McKenna yesterday(guess they have one available) and really, really wanted to buy it. He says it is his favorite car...after owning the M5 and reading all press articles - in his opinion the RS6 is the best. Now, he has had his M5 for two years and unfortunately, can't buy anything new 'til Decmeber (probably has an escrow deal). So now, he might have to settle for an E55. Those were his words...settle! He won't buy anything used and only likes special cars....He really said - the RS6 was very special...I kind of felt sorry for him, as I opened my garage and let him see what he was missing I think he was very sincere and I could almost feel his pain ...when he pulled away from my curb...his car did sound very good. I have to say...I like the RS6 best...but they truly are all very good cars!

Let my tunner/shop owner/mechanic friend drive my RS6 today, did not have time last week.

His commet was that it was the nicest car he has driven in recent times. Was very impressed with how nutural the car was for a front engine all wheel drive car. Also he was VERY impressed with the material and build quality of the RS6. His comment was that BMW has built "cheaper" cars over the years and that the quality has gone down. He thought everything was very "tight" and very well put together.

Additionally, he said that he had been telling everyone about the car. My comment was wait until he drives it (this was before he drove it).

Loved the sound and pull of the motor along with the DRC. We took a clover leaf and he was amazed at how level and controlable the car was.

I think over all he was extreamly impressed with the whole package.

We got a good laugh when he said that I had come along way since my 1980 Audi 4000 2dr.
    Bauer

01 S8

Bauer & Luck Lady,

Thanks for the update. Its always nice to get third party feedback on how great the car is.

Finnus

2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Nice to hear both reports. But then again we already new The Beast was better
    And despite some opinions, the build quality/ fit and finish is also better than the new E class.

Ben

Benman - strongly disagree!

Benman, I love my RS6, but it's the ride and feel of the ride that appeals not the build quality. The build quality of my E500 is significantly better, especially the interior. Whether it's the quality of the leather, sound system, heated seats, etc there's no contest. Having said that, I still prefer driving my RS6 because it's just plain fun!!

The build quality of my E500 is significantly better, especially the interior.
    My business partner has a 2000 M-B S500 and an associate has the 2002 M-B E430 4matic. I've ridden in and driven both extensively. IMO, its not even close - there's no comparison to the RS6 as to build quality or ride quality. Just my 2 cents ...

Finnus

2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Re: Benman - strongly disagree!

Originally posted by rsjoe
    Benman, I love my RS6, but it's the ride and feel of the ride that appeals not the build quality. The build quality of my E500 is significantly better, especially the interior. Whether it's the quality of the leather, sound system, heated seats, etc there's no contest. Having said that, I still prefer driving my RS6 because it's just plain fun!!
    If you look closely to the gaps on the doors, bumpers, mouldings etc... you will notice that the fit is NOT up to par with the Audi's. Not to mention the way the controls feel. I am definately not saying the Merc is cheesy because it is still a nice car (my last car was a Merc) but it is simply not built to the same fit and finish standards as the Audi. At our repair shop we have had MANY Mercedes (everything from C class to S class) and we have had Audis as well. Every A6 has always had better gaps than any E class we have had in our shop to date. If you still think that the E class has better fit and finish than... oh well. But the proof is in the pudding (or the finish ).

Ben