Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine Software - Manual Audi C5 RS6

Banned

Engine Software - Manual Audi C5 RS6

Gents,

Just letting you know that I am able to supply anyone undertaking a manual swap on their C5 RS6 the engine software that will allow this while retaining the standard ECU and functions.

Feel free to ask technical questions in this thread but for pricing please PM as pricing will vary.

Cheers

Where's the detailed pics of this fully operational death star?
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by 650RS View Post
    Gents,
    Feel free to ask technical questions in this thread but for pricing please PM as pricing will vary.

Cheers
    This is a family site we have no secrets, give us a $ range!
    St Augustine, FL
    03 RS6
    07 GTI
    88 16v Cabby

I would have thought that the software although not exactly easy to ascertain but easier than the procurement of parts let alone the bolting up of the transmission so any insight on a complete package with a how to and parts list,cost etc? thanks!

Banned
    Gents,

With regards to the total package, there is a forum member on here who is a fair way down developing a kit which will pretty much make this a bolt on proposition within the capabilities of a decent mechanic.

The coding for a standard car with performance tune (in line with GIAC, MTM, APR and generating ~550bhp) $2000USD

Customised coding for a modified car will vary but worse case will be another $2000USD if you plan to build a 1000bhp beast.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SIKAudi View Post
    I would have thought that the software although not exactly easy to ascertain but easier than the procurement of parts let alone the bolting up of the transmission so any insight on a complete package with a how to and parts list,cost etc? thanks!
    With the adapter, flywheel and starter pretty much everything else is an off the shelf. The only other custom item is the tailshaft.

I guestimate the total cost on my car to be no more than $15,000.00 USD.

Where's your car? A few pics please?
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    -------

Banned
    My car is not in the picture taking mode right now lol

It is in peices with the engine out.....

I concur with the statements made above.

I'm about a month out from having the adapters and starters in stock for the conversion. These are the custom items along with the soon to be standardized flywheel that will utilize a clutch and pp compatible to the 2.7T

the rest can be gotten off the shelf and the wiring can be modified for the conversion.

The ECU coding is the missing link, however. It can't be trasnferred or adapted since there is nothing OE that exists for the RS6 in particular. Merely letting the ECU think it's in park and rowing through the gears is one way to start, but eventually you might see that ABS, DRC and other things might not work. Having the ECU thing you're in drive while rowing through the gears will also cause idle and rev matching confusion.

I've done a conversion to my S6, but was able to adapt the code from a non-US S6 that actually came with a 6 speed.

I'm thinking that there are many companies out there that can achieve this and now we are seeing it. I'd personally love to break into the Me7.1.1 code and learn some things but don't have the wherewithal to digest and learn it at this time.

Banned
    Gents,

Before we get off track the purpose of this thread was to assist anyone who needed this code.

Good luck to all....

Gents,

Before we get off track the purpose of this thread was to assist anyone who needed this code.

Good luck to all....
    Assist? I thought you were selling the ECU code?

My car is not in the picture taking mode right now lol

It is in peices with the engine out.........
    If it's in pieces, how do you know the ECU code works?

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    -------

I would imagine going the route of contacting Marc (10secS4) who just purchased the Sportect RS600 from the auction and having him make a copy of the ecu rs6 6spd file would be the best route...no? You would have the reassurance that the file works for the rs6 manual and the Sportec company name to that stands behind the code.

Both ECU and TCU software as it seems that there are some issues in other threads...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by 1sadavant View Post
    I would imagine going the route of contacting Marc (10secS4) who just purchased the Sportect RS600 from the auction and having him make a copy of the ecu rs6 6spd file would be the best route...no? You would have the reassurance that the file works for the rs6 manual and the Sportec company name to that stands behind the code.
    Sportec did not write the code for the TCU it was written by MTM or Bosch.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopra View Post
    Assist? I thought you were selling the ECU code?

If it's in pieces, how do you know the ECU code works?
    Do you except me to pay for the code and gift it to you???? And the price is the same as I paid

I know it works because the same code has been used on several rs6 engined manual cars (3 6MT RS6's, 2x B6 S4's and 1x B7 RS4

Banned
    And for the record, the TCU isnt needed at all if the emulation is done correctly. What this means in the ABS, ESP etc still function as factory the reason the TCU may still be there is that this wasnt achieved.....

I can also assure you that the car will be OBD locked meaning you wont be able to do anything other than service routines and logging (no dump of ECU), the code will be VIN locked and also encrypted by some or more measures.

And this is assuming someone is willing to give you the code for free....

Good luck to all undertaking this modification, my car will be completed if I am lucky by the end of the year due to the modification being done to the engine etc...

Cheers

do you still have the coding for the manual swap..?
    any other helpful goodies you might have?

650RS is a fraud and has been banned from this site. Search for post from SteveKen for more info on trans swap.

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    -------