Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of a 2003 RS6 with under 30K miles and dealer serviced?...

Value of a 2003 RS6 with under 30K miles and dealer serviced?...

I currently have a 2001 A6 4.2L with over 210k miles... It may be time to freshen the stable... Had my eye on RS6's ever since purchasing my A6 in 2003. Mainly waiting for the prices to come in a bit. I now have the first shot at a stock, dealer-serviced, black on black, one-owner with less than 30k miles. He is consigning it for around $40k. I think it is a bit high, but was wondering what other owners think of the asking price...

Thanks!

Although others may disagree with me, that price is a bit high but not outrageously so (IMO) if the car is in as mint condition as it sounds. Bear in mind that MSRP on the car was $82,700 when it was new, and since there are so few of them, the price is hugely variable based on condition and mileage. Try to dicker a few $K off the price so that you can buy a warranty with the car.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Welcome!

210K on the clock? wow!

Um, $40k is quite high for stock, or the dealership is HIGH. $30k-$32k is probably closer to the correct value, depending on what maintenance has been performed (35k TB service).

You will also need (highly recommended, but no one is forcing your hand) an aftermarket warranty (depending on mileage and coverage level). Depending on which company you go with and the mileage of the RS6, the price can be quite staggering.

I got mine last year for $32k with 36k on the clock and dealer serviced and stock...

Eric's Avus Silver has 45k on it - nearly every mod you can think of except Euro Recaros and it is f/s for $38k or somewhat close...
    Also there is Steve's Imola Yellow RS6, 1 of 3 on the US RS6 VIN list (the yellow taxi) that is F/S also...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

40gs? Too high...I agree with Ben...lows 30s in todays (buyer) market.

If you plan on putting 200K+ miles on it, then by all means get the best warranty you can...quite sure the 6 grand or so it is for a good coverage will come in handy at some point knowing the issues with these cars.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Do not buy an RS6 without buying a Fidelity warranty. Trust me.

$40K is way way up there, even for a mint car.

I know of a 24K mile blue Rs6 coming up for sale this week, email me if you want info on it. Can be bought with a Fidelity warranty, and dmross is right on target when he says don't even consider buying an RS6 without Fidelity Platinum or equivalent exclusionary warranty from a TierI company.

Bruce
    brucem105@comcast.net

There have been several ultra low mileage examples F/S on Autotrader:

The Eureka, CA example with 18k for $42k and they will not neg on the price - still for sale... for at least 18 months or more.
    The New York, NY example with MTM upgrades and Merc rims (idk the mileage) - still for sale.... for $49k ?????

It has been proven that the lowest mileage ones are not always the best.
    The interior might be cherry but then when driven, the trans falls apart and other gremlins pop up.
    It is a BEAST and they need to be driven hard!
    All that muscle turns in to flab if ya don't...
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Great analogy Ben. O/T, I just replaced my inner and outer tie rods yesterday. What a difference!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Great analogy Ben. O/T, I just replaced my inner and outer tie rods yesterday. What a difference!
    Mine are making all sorts of racket/noise/bump/chatter...
    I KNOW you made a DIY, right???

It's pretty easy if your outers aren't seized in the inners. I made quick work of them with my reciprocating saw. I would have taken pics for ya as well, but the CFO was getting antsy, and it was hot out.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

You can get the inners and outers and boots for about 80. Rent the inner tie rod tool and the ball joint press from advance auto and you are set. The inner tie rod kit has a 38.4mm insert that works ok. The inners are 38mm.

Quote Originally Posted by dmross View Post
    and me and many others here...one transmission or torque converter...and you WILL have one go...and you already made money off the warranty. Plus by now there is no way they will get the turbos off without drilling out a seized bolt so new turbos would be on the tab too. Great car. With warranty. Mine is on a lot looking good still having seen it today when picking up my S5 post Stasis tune. 89K on the clock. I never thought i would see a dealer keep my car to resell it but kinda glad to see the attempt than it just disappear to auction.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I've been tracking some low mileages cars for sale recently, look on the last pages of the 'how many beasts' sticky. $40 seems not unreasonably, especially if it has any warranty or is especially clean.

Thought i'd mention I'm going to put mine on the block very soon. Need a pick up / off-road unit. It's in at the dealers currently getting a new brake calapier and rotors. The drivers side had failed and locked up and the breaks finally failed. Fortunately I was pulling over at the time Anyway it has 30 k on the clock. The dealer is giving it a full inspection. Euro RS6 recaros. KW3 suspension.. fully adjustable in 10minutes!!! No wheels off. Wagner intercoolers. OCT chip stage 2. MTM transmission chip. Stock ECU spare. Custom body work. Looking for $34k . Has a few extras I'd rather not mention. Let's say teflon mods. Tickets don't stick
    quality doesn't come in a twist off.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadShot View Post
    Thought i'd mention I'm going to put mine on the block very soon. Need a pick up / off-road unit. It's in at the dealers currently getting a new brake calapier and rotors. The drivers side had failed and locked up and the breaks finally failed. Fortunately I was pulling over at the time Anyway it has 30 k on the clock. The dealer is giving it a full inspection. Euro RS6 recaros. KW3 suspension.. fully adjustable in 10minutes!!! No wheels off. Wagner intercoolers. OCT chip stage 2. MTM transmission chip. Stock ECU spare. Custom body work. Looking for $34k . Has a few extras I'd rather not mention. Let's say teflon mods. Tickets don't stick
    DAMN IT!?!?
    F@#$ing A!!

If there was ever another RS6 to have, this is the one or the RS600...

Is yours still going on the block? I'm on the market for one of these and would love to see more pics if you are looking to sell...

Quote Originally Posted by HeadShot View Post

Don't know why your selling headshot, but that's a great deal with all those Mods and low mileage. 40k is way to high even for a mint RS6. If I were you 4.2crew I would jump on that. And of course a Warranty is an absolute no brainer. You WILL have Transmission issues, You WILL have DRC issues just read the posts. Good luck with your search........
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by dmross View Post
    I second that. I bought a Zurich warranty for $4500 and it's paid out $20k to date!