Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyno Day

aghhhh, im drooling Pat. This is gonna happen. And ill get some BND from gen-xer. Being local to you will be nice for that. And of course we can go get a beer :-)
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

She is a beauty of a lump. Thanks Cosworth and thanks quattro boys and girls.

As for TC its how you drive it. Most of the TC failures are the TC clutch material failure due to seal or oring failure. That comes from general use. IMHO

When this one blows, it will take the clutch packs in the transmission. That is when you call Tozo and build it stronger. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    650+ lb/feet at the crank... good golly miss molly. How long do you think the TC will last at that clip?

The proof

The puddin

How smooth the numbers. How smooth the torque curve. How big the hp number.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Without further adieu:

Gobs of torque by 3500 rpm....

And here's Kyle's:

Interesting that we both have that hump at about 4800rpm. What is that? Flux capacitor?
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Check the timing in the logs at that point.

Interesting that we both have that hump at about 4800rpm. What is that? Flux capacitor?

Ok,

Here is my rant and wrench for the day. This is what I dont like about some vendors posting data and evidence of performance gains. I will attach the "advertised" dyno graph of a GIAC reflash. Someone tell me what is wrong with the pricture.

chicken dinners....on the line. Pat, you cant play because I already told you the answer.

Ummmmm...

...its TOO smooth and perfect...you NEVER see that.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

That's funny, I usually cannot draw lines that straight with my crayons...
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    ...its TOO smooth and perfect...you NEVER see that.
    Dyno software includes " smoothing programs " for graphs.... The GIAC graph has been " smoothed " the other is raw data...

S
    "You have first to experience what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)

Buzzzzz

Nope, nothing to do with how smooth the "graph" is.

Any other guesses?

This is very basic to understanding how and when a turbocharged engine develops power. Corky Bell

Quote Originally Posted by SAFE4NOW View Post
    Dyno software includes " smoothing programs " for graphs.... The GIAC graph has been " smoothed " the other is raw data...

S

WTF is this? Remember I was asking about this at the session. Something in-grained in the original tune that can't be completely eliminated?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    WTF is this? Remember I was asking about this at the session. Something in-grained in the original tune that can't be completely eliminated?
    Dave's right, (Pat ducks for cover as Dave's power grows stronger) It would appear that this is inherent in the timing map, a momentary 6-8 degree boost in timing advance. This was apparent in both your stock and my tuned ecu according to the data logs.

Ok more to this theory, it would appear that when the car upshifts, it starts the next gear at approximately 4800rpm, are you following me? So I think Audi designed it so when the car upshifts, there is a momentary increase in timing at the designated 48oorpm to pull it out of the hole, since the boost is reduced by the tcu during the shift.

At some point everyone will just take my word for things. It will save so much time and energy for the things that are really important.

Dave's right, (Pat ducks for cover as Dave's power grows stronger) It would appear that this is inherent in the timing map, a momentary 6-8 degree boost in timing advance. This was apparent in both your stock and my tuned ecu according to the data logs.

To me, the TORQUE levels look wrong.
    I agree there are gains but the number look short or off by about ±75
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Warm

What exactly is wrong with the torque numbers and why?

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    To me, the TORQUE levels look wrong.
    I agree there are gains but the number look short or off by about ±75

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Warm

What exactly is wrong with the torque numbers and why?
    It looks like the graph is wonked up but I don't have a magnifying glass...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Epic fail

Try again. All the information you need to solve the problem is visible in the chart.