Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Dyno Day

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    No offense to anyone here, but I wish people would stop quoting flywheel HP numbers, UNLESS you've actually engine dyno'd, kinda deceiving, getting peoples hopes up and all......again, no offense to anyone in particular. WHP on a particular dyno, easier to figure it out that way...or road performance numbers (ie, trap speed, Pbox numbers, etc...).
    People should not look at dyno PEAK numbers period. Doesn't matter whether it's flywheel or wheel horsepower, 1 is not necessarily more accurate than the other. In order to compare anything it must be the same dyno anyhoo and then what does it matter. You can make 500whp peak at 4500 and a car that makes 450 peak at 5500 with a cleaner curve might be faster depending on what the rest of the rpm points are like.
    I don't quite understand why the tuning scene insists on using a different ruler (whp) from what manufacturers quote (bhp) I'm guessing because dynoes that only do whp are vastly cheaper and got to be the standard by the sheer number of them around. The problem with wheel power is that it is influenced by a lot of variables, flywheel power is more of a constant. There are (expensive) dyno's that will be within a few horsepower accurate with flywheel numbers and give you the tire loss while you're at it if you want to see how much made it to the rollers. But anyway like I said peak values are fairly meaningless anyway. What would be useful is getting an average power value within a useful RPM range. That would give a very good idea of performance.
    By the way, dynojet "wheel" power numbers are not really exactly what got measured at the wheels. There is a calculation in the DJ software that will add a percentage. It goes back to when it was created, when the numbers rolling out of it were a bit dissapointing to car owners who did not understand the engine power vs wheel power concept very well.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    All RS6's have that dip....Don't know the cause though. I'm thinking a valve timing.
    Can't speak for anyone else but mine certainly didn't - euro car. Not stock and not after it was mapped.
    03 RS6 Daytona Avant w/ cognac interior. Precat delete, Supersprint exhaust, FK Koni coilovers, Wagner ICs, MRC'd 546 bhp.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jcviggen1

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    All RS6's have that dip....Don't know the cause though. I'm thinking a valve timing.
    Mine had it stock and has it now after flash. Haven't taken the time to figure out what it is yet...
    2013 Audi S8

Mine was there stock as well. Didn't notice it much tuned. Definitely wasn't pronounced like that.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Mine was there stock as well. Didn't notice it much tuned. Definitely wasn't pronounced like that.
    I wonder if it is just a little tranny slippage that we don't feel on the street? Although Corey has a brand new tranny & TC?
    2013 Audi S8

as i mentioned it may be the traction control?
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

when the weather is cooler out i do paln to go back and to a diffrent dyno that has a fan set up and see if that helps out at all. I also will wait for the cooler weather and hit the track just to baseline the car.
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Any dyno tuner that doesn't turn traction control off is..well anyway...cooler weather...don't be a wuss...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Any dyno tuner that doesn't turn traction control off is..well anyway...cooler weather...don't be a wuss...

I told ya Getto!!! Trust me i would be better on the road with the Vbox! or the Ipad app. Wuss?? for real....... I have gone down the track with the A/C on its just not funning beating on a car in 70-80% humid days and when its 90+ outside