Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyno Day

So Pat, Is the tune you have the same one any of us can get reflashed with eurocharged? Or did they do some voodoo in your flash? And do you know if they can enable brake boosting?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I have inspected the vagcom data logs of both cars.

I know where the power is made.

KISS, KISS, KISS, KISS
    Last edited by DHall1; June 6th, 2010 at 19:04.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I have inspected the vagcom data logs of both cars.

I know where the power is made.
    Speaking of which Pat send me the logs to my Yahoo account please so I can have a look at them when I get to Colorado tonight. Sorry I could not make it to the show and dyno event maybe next time.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    So Pat, Is the tune you have the same one any of us can get reflashed with eurocharged? Or did they do some voodoo in your flash? And do you know if they can enable brake boosting?
    This is just the standard 93 octane tune. I'm running BP 93 octane gas with the Aces IV. I'm not sure if Eurocharged could disable the brake fail safe or not. I personally wouldn't.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

True, wanna extend the life of the tc as long as possible. i imagine that would put alot of strain on it.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

So,

250 page views and not a peep about the intercooler spray bar idea?

30awhp increase from just spraying some water on the outside of the intercoolers?

30 wheel hp from a squirt of water?

how much is that exactly per hp gain?

I guess bling is more important.

bling, bling, bling, bling and bling. Got to get me more bling.

Bling Bling Dave. LMAO.
    Actually Ben and I were talking about the idea last night. I remember seeing an electronically actuated y valve somewhere. If you could install that before each headlight washer, run them in parrallel to 12V+, and put a switch in the dash in whatever slot is empty(they sell both momentary and constant on replacements at oemplus), and run that to ground, all you would need to do after that is mount a nozzle on the other side of each y valve and voila!

Announcing for the first time, and for a limited time: Dave's Go Fast Voodoo Mister System!!

Well, lets get with it. I gave you all the idea months ago in the Sportec thread and we now see how much real hp that can be gained with the addition.

30 wheel hp is the difference between spanking that Viper or getting your lunch handed to ya.

Bling Bling Dave. LMAO.
    Actually Ben and I were talking about the idea last night. I remember seeing an electronically actuated y valve somewhere. If you could install that before each headlight washer, run them in parrallel to 12V+, and put a switch in the dash in whatever slot is empty(they sell both momentary and constant on replacements at oemplus), and run that to ground, all you would need to do after that is mount a nozzle on the other side of each y valve and voila!

Announcing for the first time, and for a limited time: Dave's Go Fast Voodoo Mister System!!

Dave, do you remember in your research for this idea if the windshield and headlight nozzles are fed at any point by a single hose coming out of the reservoir? Or if two are coming out of it to supply the two different areas? Because i was thinking that if you could place just one y nozzle before a split to both areas, you would only be feeding the ic nozzles when you push the voodoo button...

I will do this and it will be something to behold, but it isn't going to happen tomorrow. Too much on my plate as it is. I plan on actuating the misters with a temp switch installed in the intercooler, not unlike the way the electric fans are actuated. Then there are no switches for me to fumble with while driving. The downside to this plan is that the intercoolers have to be removed to be properly drilled for the switch. Chew on that for a while......
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I will do this and it will be something to behold, but it isn't going to happen tomorrow. Too much on my plate as it is. I plan on actuating the misters with a temp switch installed in the intercooler, not unlike the way the electric fans are actuated. Then there are no switches for me to fumble with while driving. The downside to this plan is that the intercoolers have to be removed to be properly drilled for the switch. Chew on that for a while......

How about a Hobbs switch and spray when it boosts?

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    How about a Hobbs switch and spray when it boosts?
    That may be easier, since in order to use a temp switch, I would also need a way to make sure it was momentary, otherwise it would have to spray continuously until the temp switch is satisfied.

That may be easier, since in order to use a temp switch, I would also need a way to make sure it was momentary, otherwise it would have to spray continuously until the temp switch is satisfied.
    The Aquamist kit can spray with MAP or Injector duty cycle (the way I am doing it). I really don't use a lot of Meth. I realize the kit is expensive($600-$700?) but it has a few safety's built in and that is pretty good insurance for our expensive engines.

Dave, do you remember in your research for this idea if the windshield and headlight nozzles are fed at any point by a single hose coming out of the reservoir? Or if two are coming out of it to supply the two different areas? Because i was thinking that if you could place just one y nozzle before a split to both areas, you would only be feeding the ic nozzles when you push the voodoo button...
    The headlamp washers run off of the windshield washer reservoir, but have their own individual pump. There is one feed hose from the headlamp washer pump to the front bumper, then the hose "T's" before the nozzles. All you would have to do is disconnect the nozzles, then probably connect a reducer, and run smaller diameter hoses down to the spraybar Then just disconnect the plug from the headlamp washer pump and reconnect 12v from a different source of your choice, be it a momentary switch, a map switch, or a temp switch.

Yep, this is the ticket.

I will think about the hobbs switch to operate but I may install a master switch to control the go juice. Dont need it if its cool out.

I may need to dive into mine because we wont see temps under a 100 for 5 months. Need to pull the bumper and check this out ... but the damn timing belt needs changed in our LX470, grass needs cut again, trees trimmed, motorhome oil serviced, dog kicked, pool cleaned, dammit... haha

The headlamp washers run off of the windshield washer reservoir, but have their own individual pump. There is one feed hose from the headlamp washer pump to the front bumper, then the hose "T's" before the nozzles. All you would have to do is disconnect the nozzles, then probably connect a reducer, and run smaller diameter hoses down to the spraybar Then just disconnect the plug from the headlamp washer pump and reconnect 12v from a different source of your choice, be it a momentary switch, a map switch, or a temp switch.

Are you guys gonna re-tune for more power or just spray with small jets to keep from yanking timing? I obviously ask as it sounds like there are no "safety's" for your home grown system.

TT, I am guessing you are referring to the water/meth injection, as the ic mister is simply relieving the ic's of heat soak. The snow performance kits do have failsafes though. And from what ive read, it is the equivalent to running 100octane, only cleaner. so you will need a retune for 100octane
    Last edited by JSRS6; June 7th, 2010 at 02:44. Reason: cat.

No need to retune as the power is lost to the heat soak in the intercooler. The 25-30awhp comes right back when the outside of the intercooler gets a little spray.

Any more power and we would be rebuilding transmissions every 6 months.

I cant ask any more from this car than what the quattro boys have done. It is what it is and it is good enough. Anything I can do to improve heat exchanger efficiency is just keeping more of the power on tap when things get hot. The Sportec vent is fantastic as will be the intercooler outside spray system.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Are you guys gonna re-tune for more power or just spray with small jets to keep from yanking timing? I obviously ask as it sounds like there are no "safety's" for your home grown system.