Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Future RS Cars: Opinions

Future RS Cars: Opinions

Dear Friends,

reading through the latest threads, posts etc. i get the feeling, that a mayor part of the members are not pleased with Audi´s RS car product range. Therefore i would like to ask for personal opinions, likes, dislikes, wishes and thoughts about what you would Audi like to offer-, where Audi should improve, move on etc.

Qisha

A bit less weight would be nice.

I think that's the only less positive aspect of the latest RS cars in general.
    Last edited by Lmg; June 1st, 2010 at 18:30.

What I'd like to see more from Audi is special, limited edition models, like there was A4 B7 DTM Edition or R8 GT. I'd like to see more of those because I believe they make their owners feel they've got something special.

Less weight is always a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Lmg View Post
    A bit less weight would be nice.
    ^^That^^ and I would add: KEEP THEM TURBO'D!!! Not supercharged, not NA, TURBO'D!!!!!!!!!!!

And damn it, make AoA bring over some avants!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    ^^That^^ and I would add: KEEP THEM TURBO'D!!! Not supercharged, not NA, TURBO'D!!!!!!!!!!!

And damn it, make AoA bring over some avants!

Ben
    ^^What he said ^^

As there aren't ANY RS options in the USA anymore...
    Give the people what they want!

Also the techs need to be trained better, seems like there are a few that know what is going on but that is few and far between.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Today more than ever Audi has budget and green light to develop new cars, new models, RS for each model range.

Sales are the best ever, even better than Mercedes over past quarter. New models are looking great and Audis are now at the same level than BMW and Mercedes on most of people ranking. Best interior by far, good technology, etc.

Nothing to say really...... excepted that so far the RS5 seems a bit too shy. Let's be clear : new quattro system, DSG, active steering, etc are great news but such an expected car cannot get it wrong even on small "details" : too comon steering, too discrete look, 20" rims are too big, too long gear ratios, too small shift paddles, lack of real achievable performance ?

Let's not take journalists' reviews for the bible of course but the overall current sum up of them is pretty disapointing IMO. Too much expectation maybe ? I don't know. What I know is that remembering the past RS launches everyone was much more enthusiastic, but this time (same for the TT RS to a certain extend) this is not the case anymore. Too high expectations due to Audi new aura and status ? Maybe...

The car should/could have been lighter, more agressive look, with better perfs and more achievable.

I think that many of us would be sold for an RS5 plus version.

I am still looking forward to test it as everyone judgment is what counts at the end of the day. I still have some hope. But for such amount of money I don't want to be even 20% disapointed with the package offered.
    Last edited by Fab; June 1st, 2010 at 21:00.

We need next RS4 nasty as RS4 B5... That is my wish...

In the past, Audis were behind BMW's and Merc's, but RS Audis were something that made everybody confused, they were special, better than oponents, nowdays is other way around.

B7 RS 4 was last of that kind...!

C6 RS 6 on paper is best car in the world, (5.0l, V10 biturbo!!!), yet there is big feeling that its failed to deliver that punch!

Look at the RS 5, look at the TT RS... I just don't see that superiority in them!

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

reading through the latest threads, posts etc. i get the feeling, that a mayor part of the members are not pleased with Audi´s RS car product range. Therefore i would like to ask for personal opinions, likes, dislikes, wishes and thoughts about what you would Audi like to offer-, where Audi should improve, move on etc.

Qisha

When I started working with Audi, at an Audi Dealership many years ago, the only thing I knew about Audi was that they had a sudden accel problem. Then as I started my training and working with the product first hand, I realized that there was much more to it than just a bad rumor. I started walking the lot at lunch, looking over all the product being offered, thinking to myself, which one would I own. After a quick lunch time test drive in a CPO'd A6 4.2, I was hooked. BIG flared fenders, nice V8 power, interior was top notch over it's closest rivals ( BMW/MB/Lexus )

The next thing I noticed was Audi as a company, how proactive they were, not just for clients but employees all the way down to the dealership level. I mean, radio's were warrantied because Audi chose to design the cupholder over the radio itself... they sent out a recall covering front bumpers, even for those drivers who just didn't get it ( to not park over the curb rather before it ) , when an upcoming recall was being launched, employees of the dealerships were given $50, $100 , $+ gift cards as a " Thank you " even before they had earned it!

By the way, I have worked for Volvo, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, and other Dealerships in the Service departments for over 20 years, I have trained to be the very best I could be as a product advocate at each level, in less than three years working with Audi, I was Magna certified 2 of those three years ( the first three years that is ) I have owned more Audi's than I have owned of any other vehicle, I own and operate my own local Audi only website, and to this day, talk up how awsome my Rs6 is over most all other products in it's class and better. Heck, I even put on events ( Sunday Morning Drives, DE Track Days, 1/8th, 1/4 and even standing Mile ) just to prove how impressive the Rs6 is! I am looking for my first R8 very soon and trying to position myself for an new body Rs6 as well. I am an Audi Advocate!

But the things the guys on this forum are pointing out are all valid, some are hyped more than needed, but true all the same. I have experienced most all of the things that any normal Rs6 owner has , including DRC failure in the first week of ownership, intercooler failure, brake rotors on an almost monthly basis, and now the second transmission in less than 80k miles.... but I still love the car...

Anyways... back on track, what I would like to see from Audi and their upcoming RS product lineup:

1. POWER - HP and TQ that not just tops what the others are offering but pounds them in the ground. Think what MB did with the C63 and their advertisment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eOLq07VwSE

2. Fit and Finish: Pay attention to the details, the material used needs to differ from the main line vehicles. The wheels need to be different than any other Audi, the fenders need to scream pay attention to me, the hood, the stance, the exhaust... all need to say " I am different "

3. Colors - Offer RS only colors , like Porsche does with their Halo car's

4. Price them right, while we are asking for the world, keep them in reach of some of us, who work hard for our money, but are still normal " Joe's " not mega-rich types that buy a car to brag, then park it in the garage

... I could type a list to 10, but I think these are my 4 top points... maybe I will come back an add to the list... but I think you get my point.

Thank you for taking the time to ask.... please feel free to contact me anytime.
    "You have first to experience what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)

Thanks Qisha ! That's exactly what i appreciate. Not telling everyone its product is the best, but ask what custumers really expect or think about.

TT-RS: well...i do really appreciate. Good engine with high performance.....maybe could be added something less common than a TTS (big arches - specific interior) but elegant (the rear big spoiler is quite surprising from Audi)

RS6: why taking such an old transmission on a fantastic engine ?

RS5: I really appreciate the exterior (the main reason i ordered one). But something more could have been done (arches maybe...), especially in the interior (who took the decision for the poor looking wheelsteering?) I took the standart sport seats, what's the difference with a S5 ? I would have appreciate something less common.
    But the big problem is the engine. It's very sporty, suitable for cars such as DTM. But the car is too heavy, and for everyday driving, we need torque before 4000RPM. Most owners don't put their car on a track. Do you think RS4 owners appreciate that a brand new model only offers 30HP more, with the same torque ? At a price of more than 100.000 euros with the good extras (and some are available only few months later...), in a similar weight car....ok for the transmission, the new quattro, and so so on, but in a everyday driving, the pleasure comes from the engine !
    TURBO could have been one solution. I want a car that goes faster than all previous ones. Not a noisy sporty engine which goes up to 8500rpm. While a TT-RS overtakes me....in a 30.000 euros cheaper car from the same factory. Soul of a car is the engine. AMG understood that a long time ago, even without turbos.
    Audi could have done something wonderful with such an engine in such an pretty looking car which is the A5.

Once again, thanks Qisha asking for our feedback.

The RS cars should be unique in its own right, not only a marketing tool for a end-of-life sales boost. Therefore the RS cars should be available almost from the beginning of a new model launch. The potential RS customers (myself included) want a new design and a new concept, not an outgoing model. Engine, T/M and chassis elements should also be forward looking, with respect to technology. Look at the RS5, a relatively old engine in a relatively old chassis. With its current features it should have been launched 2-3 years ago, not 2010. I missed out of the RS6 because it took too long (bought the S6), I have waited for the RS5 one year, but become disappointed with its features. I am now hoping that the RS7 will be launched sooner than anticipated, but will probably end up with a Panamera Turbo during the summer beacause I want to switch out of my S6. I do hope, however, to be back in an Audi soon as an attractive package is out.

I'm not sur the RS5 engine is old....just not appropriate for a new RS supposed to be faster than any other one.

I echo was safe4now stated. You can make two kinds of RS cars: the kind that is good for appliance-sportscar shoppers or the kind that is good for the shoppers that actually intend to drive and cherish them. On this board and others like it you will see three basic requirements:

1. unique, unique, unique. flare the arches ( a classic RS cue )- not the pu$$y $h*t arches of the RS5, but the kinds of arches that men gawk at strip clubs and the ones we want to see on the bottom end of the 69 sexual position. the kinds of arches that men drool at on cars and want to hump on women. offer specific RS colors and interior accroutements- alcantara, special steering wheels, even special key fobs, the whole nine yards.

2. power, power, power. give us torque. give us horsepower. and i mean torque and horsepower. it's ok, if not a foregone conclusion, to have the typical audi refinement. go ahead and make the cars quiet. even make the exhaust subdued. but give us AMG and M shredding torque and power. no more pussy footing. make it useless to go stage I or II on the aftermarket. make "stage II" standard!!!! the only aftermarket tuning APR, MTM, and Revo should offer us is stage III: make us have to actually change the turbo or supercharger in order to get any more power from these engines. make the "aftermarket" exhaust and DP's standard!!!

3. VORSPRUNG. go ahead and make it light. do it. but for GOD'S SAKES give us transmission options- DSG or manual. RS's are meant to be DRIVEN not GUIDED.

yeah, yeah. i know all this costs money. leave the marketing and demographic volume sales to the S models. leave the RS's borderline attainable, make them rare, make them BADA$$. "the people" will find a way to buy them.

now go and DO IT AUDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by BaXRS4 View Post
    We need next RS4 nasty as RS4 B5... That is my wish...
    I'll second that. RS4 B5 and the RS2... Amazing cars.

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    I echo was safe4now stated. You can make two kinds of RS cars: the kind that is good for appliance-sportscar shoppers or the kind that is good for the shoppers that actually intend to drive and cherish them. On this board and others like it you will see three basic requirements:

1. unique, unique, unique. flare the arches ( a classic RS cue )- not the pu$$y $h*t arches of the RS5, but the kinds of arches that men gawk at strip clubs and the ones we want to see on the bottom end of the 69 sexual position. the kinds of arches that men drool at on cars and want to hump on women. offer specific RS colors and interior accroutements- alcantara, special steering wheels, even special key fobs, the whole nine yards.

2. power, power, power. give us torque. give us horsepower. and i mean torque and horsepower. it's ok, if not a foregone conclusion, to have the typical audi refinement. go ahead and make the cars quiet. even make the exhaust subdued. but give us AMG and M shredding torque and power. no more pussy footing. make it useless to go stage I or II on the aftermarket. make "stage II" standard!!!! the only aftermarket tuning APR, MTM, and Revo should offer us is stage III: make us have to actually change the turbo or supercharger in order to get any more power from these engines. make the "aftermarket" exhaust and DP's standard!!!

3. VORSPRUNG. go ahead and make it light. do it. but for GOD'S SAKES give us transmission options- DSG or manual. RS's are meant to be DRIVEN not GUIDED.

yeah, yeah. i know all this costs money. leave the marketing and demographic volume sales to the S models. leave the RS's borderline attainable, make them rare, make them BADA$$. "the people" will find a way to buy them.

now go and DO IT AUDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's a nice one !!!

my wishes:
    *more different looks than the standard models...wheel arches, bumpers, interior etc,
    *lower weight
    *RS exterior and interior colors
    *more power and torque. no more NA engines. (I5,V6,V8 and V10, all turboed or bi-turboed)
    *Avant/Sportback only. especially no convertibles...

TURBOs
    DSG
    quattro

Beat the competiton.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

what's all this fuss abt the forced induction??!! the only true racing engine was and always will be N/A only! any body can make strong turbo/compressor engine and it will never be as special and emotional as high-rev-low-displacement-engineering-jewel n/a engine!! you don't want me to start about the sound...
    keep on good work AUDI (but make RS wheels exclusive only to RS - my only rant..)