Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm confused with Audi's line up...

Quote Originally Posted by Amulet-S6 View Post
    I'd just like to bring a Euro spec M3 into the country for track use. Parts aren't an issue. And it would never see a license tag...
    Hmmm... I have a couple pals with houses in Mexico... {devious wheels turning}
    Sounds like a plan.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Jim,

Go the show car route. Buy two instrument clusters for the car. Drive the hell out of the car with the second cluster. Put the first cluster back in for inspections.

Done.

Dont worry about the market. It will be fine.

I spoke with an international shipper/importer about my options of coming straight into the US:
    a) For street use, at LEAST... repeat... The VERY LEAST, $10K to federalize. And of course the warranty doesn't follow the car.
    b) There is a "show car" designation that must be applied for, and approved by the DOT, but limits to a very small number of miles/yr.
    c) Track cars have to be registered track cars prior to arriving in the US. She mentioned they have connections if I want to pursue this option.

All a mute point if the market doesn't turn around. That's all I know, Jim

I just dont think these guys get it. (De Nysschen)

That new BMW is looking very good. Agreed Skribe

Oh Jim....if we need to fill a container and bring over 2 or 3 "show" cars. Count me in.

C5 RS6 avant for me.

FWIW, I traded emails with the head of AoA (Johan De Nysschen) a couple weeks ago on the topic of Audi abandoning the higher performance mid-size sedan market. I mentioned the soon to arrive BMW 550xi (twin turbo-v8 w/ all wheel drive) and the lack of the C6-RS6 in North America. He pointed out the RS5 as an option, then fell on the old song of not wanting to talk about coming Audi debuts in Europe.

Could a C6-RS6 be brought into Mexico then driven across the boarder? Anyone know the " rules " on this type stuff?

[I'm also interested in bringing in a Euro spec M3 for a dedicated track car. Strictly legal angles options seem prohibitive, any other suggestions?]

Jim

Dave, That's exactly what I'm going to pitch to my neighbor as I float around the lake this weekend. He's CEO of a big international container shipping Co. We slap some "dental material" labels on some boxes and wallah, New toys for the summer!?! Could you get 3 cars in a container? All the news articles say our customs is a joke... Hmmm? Now there's a quandary.

Maybe we could talk Greg Norman (the golfer) to put a couple extra cars in the belly of his 747? Oh wait, that damn ash cloud is still mucking up flights.

The market: Buying Gold, Silver and Lead

Enough silly babble Everyone have a great Memorial Day weekend and take a moment to remember the reason for the Holiday. Jim

Have to agree with 99.9% of whats being posted here. The RS4 Almost Spot on. But, should have been an S (317 ftlbs) and if not turbo'd, then a supercharger for the RS4 and limited in numbers not just years. However, the new RS5 in my opinion is GARBAGE. A watered down version of an S (not nearly as agressive looking as RS lines previous) and not worthy of the RS Badge same reasons as the RS4. And its heavier (450hp ok but 317 ftlbs "are you serious") same motor as the RS4 (it only barely squeaks out in the 10ths of numbers, better times due to gearing). Although, the S6 V10 did showed promise (power wise), heavier yet, nothing special and not nearly limited enough. I have been in one at the dealer but the new Audis seem incredibly cheap inside (a lot if plastic). This coming from the 09' loaner A6 S-Line the dealer gave me during a service visit. Looked nice but made me want to purge. I did get to test drive a customers modified R8 and although impressive the mark up on these is huge and if I was going to pay over 100K for mid engined sportscar then i'd buy the Porsche TT not a sub 500 hp/400ftlb N/A V8. I am thoroughly disgusted and disheartened as to where the brand seems to be headed.

As a note to Audi,

Check any golf magazine lately and you will see Cadillac ads for the CTS sport wagon. Some have full two page ads on the inside cover.

Sure its a GM but guess what? They are making the CTS-V sport wagon with over 550hp with the V8 supercharged Corvette engine.

Stupid move Audi.

Quote Originally Posted by SIKAudi View Post
    Have to agree with 99.9% of whats being posted here. The RS4 Almost Spot on. But, should have been an S (317 ftlbs) and if not turbo'd, then a supercharger for the RS4 and limited in numbers not just years. However, the new RS5 in my opinion is GARBAGE. A watered down version of an S (not nearly as agressive looking as RS lines previous) and not worthy of the RS Badge same reasons as the RS4. And its heavier (450hp ok but 317 ftlbs "are you serious") same motor as the RS4 (it only barely squeaks out in the 10ths of numbers, better times due to gearing). Although, the S6 V10 did showed promise (power wise), heavier yet, nothing special and not nearly limited enough. I have been in one at the dealer but the new Audis seem incredibly cheap inside (a lot if plastic). This coming from the 09' loaner A6 S-Line the dealer gave me during a service visit. Looked nice but made me want to purge. I did get to test drive a customers modified R8 and although impressive the mark up on these is huge and if I was going to pay over 100K for mid engined sportscar then i'd buy the Porsche TT not a sub 500 hp/400ftlb N/A V8. I am thoroughly disgusted and disheartened as to where the brand seems to be headed.

So right!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    As a note to Audi,

Check any golf magazine lately and you will see Cadillac ads for the CTS sport wagon. Some have full two page ads on the inside cover.

Sure its a GM but guess what? They are making the CTS-V sport wagon with over 550hp with the V8 supercharged Corvette engine.

Stupid move Audi.
    Yep, and 551ftlbs and $62,000 new you could get two or custom order yours with AWD. "Yes, Cadillac offers AWD!" (don't know about AWD with the "V" option but def on this platform).

Your right Audi is missing the point The RS is what kept Audi in business. Using the massive power, state of the art technology in a limited production to sell the Audi brand. What gives? Why abandon the philosophy? If I wanted mediocre, I could buy a VW.

Not rocket science here folks.

Golf magazines cater to a certain demographic. Do ya think some of these folks might drive performance luxury vehicles??

or are these folks happy with A3s and A4s?

Hmmm? Let me see....nope, no A3s and A4s in my garage. RS6, E55, Supra turbo are just the top 3.

I give up on AoA, my best friend owns a very big Caddy dealership and he may get my business.

As a note to Audi,

Stupid move Audi.

Not rocket science here folks.

Golf magazines cater to a certain demographic. Do ya think some of these folks might drive performance luxury vehicles??

or are these folks happy with A3s and A4s?

Hmmm? Let me see....nope, no A3s and A4s in my garage. RS6, E55, Supra turbo are just the top 3.

I give up on AoA, my best friend owns a very big Caddy dealership and he may get my business.
    In all fairness, I do drive A VW when I am not driving my RS6. But again it is limited. 04 R32 Turbo'd with a Garrett 35/82 w/ cloth inserts. So not your average VAG vehicle. 'AoA keep the Niche' Get back to the racing heritage we love! Not a request, we demand it or we will go elsewhere......

Dave,

http://ttrspetition.com/

Better speak up and wave that checkbook quickly.
    "What do you think is the meaning of true happiness, Hobbes? Is it money, cars, and women?

Or is it just money and cars?"

Check out the TT RS form here on RS6.com

Qisha had already released news. My form is filled out and sent to Audi already. Give me sticker price and show me where to sign on the dotted line.

That simple.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotRSX View Post
    Dave,

http://ttrspetition.com/

Better speak up and wave that checkbook quickly.

I was also on the TTRS petition and I'm glad it's coming to the U.S. although since Audi has pissed me off so bad multiple times in the last few years I'm wondering if I should go the TTRS route or maybe the Nissan GT-R. When I say Audi, I actually mean Audi of America.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by SIKAudi View Post
    Yep, and 551ftlbs and $62,000 new you could get two or custom order yours with AWD. "Yes, Cadillac offers AWD!" (don't know about AWD with the "V" option but def on this platform)....
    On the show "Battle of the Supercars" CTS-V versus E63 AMG - CTS-V crushed the E63.... badly...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

CTSV has the full line. Coupe, wagon and sedan all offered in the V series.

How will the RS5 stack up against the CTSV coupe? 450hp vs 560hp? Get ready for another smack down like the E63 had.

I just cant bring myself to hand GM any of my money. My good friend even owns two Caddy dealerships.

Like the styling of the CTS wagon or not. Caddy is making the V series in the wagon and delivering 560hp to the masses. Audi of America wont even bring us the S4 Avant.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    On the show "Battle of the Supercars" CTS-V versus E63 AMG - CTS-V crushed the E63.... badly...

I took a look in a CTS-V and all I can say is "GM CHEAP". The quality just isn't there, although it is better than the quality of a Corvette ZR1. Check the forums on Cadillac reliability. It sucks. I've been helping out a girl at work (She's hot) with Customer service at Cadillac on her CTS and the car is a Lemon. Most CTS's have had their timing "Chains" replaced at 15K to 30K miles among other things, what kind of junk is that?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I took a look in a CTS-V and all I can say is "GM CHEAP". The quality just isn't there, although it is better than the quality of a Corvette ZR1. Check the forums on Cadillac reliability. It sucks. I've been helping out a girl at work (She's hot) with Customer service at Cadillac on her CTS and the car is a Lemon. Most CTS's have had their timing "Chains" replaced at 15K to 30K miles among other things, what kind of junk is that?
    I second your notion on reliability issues. Apples to oranges comparison, but my folks bought a new STS-4 in 2005(?). The factory alignment specs caused it to destroy it's first set of tires at around 5000 miles. By 15k it had eaten it's wheel bearings, and while in for it's 25k service it was determined that it needed a new power steering pump, rack, and an AC compressor. He taught them a lesson by trading it in on the spot for a new Chevy pickup This is the guy that frowns on my affliction with these "foreign cars".
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    That is the problem I have with American cars and now it is starting to trickle over to Toyota/Nissan... and others...
    Yeah, a car with decent gas mileage is a desirable quality but so it a decent/solid/non-tinny interior.

I am not looking for a brick console or fred flintstone size buttons or everything labeled with words (symbols are fine) RTFM!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

GM cheap is very correct.

Reliable? Nope

All one has to do is look at the typical US GM assembly line. Want to talk about monkeys. doh

The costs for GM cars and trucks is upside down. You all know where I normally go with this. But, given the high overhead there is just not much left for product, quality, design and materials. There you have it. Once you have driven an Audi high line vehicle you are spoiled. Take a look at the Audi assembly line and you will never buy another GM.

Good luck telling Pat's dad this song and dance. hehe