Thread: MTM chip for R8 V10- does anyone have firsthand experience?

MTM chip for R8 V10- does anyone have firsthand experience?

it costs 4K in the US. but just the chip alone yields 588 hp and 420 of torque! i have read that MTM is the closest tuner to the factory in that former quattro GMBH people started it and it works closely and unofficially with the factory. as well, it sells mods that are covered under factory warranty in Germany. as such, it seems to be the most reputable tuner of Audi products. give the R8 GT's data and the LP560-70 data it seems the claims by MTM for the R8 are reasonable and quite real and would make the car significantly faster.

can anyone comment or opine? i am thinking of doing this. price is steep for a chip but the results are amazing for a NA engine and seem to be bonafide!

0-60 drops to 3.5, i believe!!!
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

MTM is run by Roland Mayer who used to work at Audi on tech development of original turbo quattro amonst many other projects so yes there are strong links between MTM and Audi.

I've run MTM chips on my B5 RS4, C5 RS6 and now B8 S4 and they've all been reliable and really well executed and delivered dyno results to match the power claims. That said, these are all forced induction engines - I've no experience with what is possible with N/A engine and just a chip...

Marv

Actually I don't know how they can increase the engine output up to 588hp just with an ECU remapping, especially in a V10 NA car. I think even the newest gallardo they can only have 570hp for the same engine. Can anybody make it clear?
    Suzuka grey matte coming soon!

Chuang- i think they were holding back on the original output of the LP-560. Lambo typically does that so they can release a new "model" every year or two. trust me, there'll be an LP-580 or LP-590 of some kind before the next Gallardo comes out.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

N/A cars - seems to be a stretch on chip delivery.
    '92 964 Turbo S2 Guards Red/Carrera Grey
    '03 Audi RS6 Ebony Black/Gray

Dear RXBG,

please note: no matter what tuner you choose, factory warranty is void in any way. Most tuners offer a "factory like warranty" limited 1:1 to factory regulations. 2 years and 100.000 KM on new cars including a "mobility warranty" (loaner car f.e.).

Regarding the Power output:

the Audi engine BUJ V10 5.2 FSI is good for ~115 hp/liter ~@8.000 r/pm and ~550NM between ~6.000-7.000 r/pm.

Personally i would recommend to save your money on a chip tuning and expect your car to achieve the factory specs very well.

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post

Regarding the Power output:

the Audi engine BUJ V10 5.2 FSI is good for ~115 hp/liter ~@8.000 r/pm and ~550NM between ~6.000-7.000 r/pm.

Personally i would recommend to save your money on a chip tuning and expect your car to achieve the factory specs very well.

Qisha
    Are suggesting something?

Q- in the RS5 forum you posted 101 hp/L for this engine. which post is correct- this one or that one or...... both ?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10