Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have been lurking for 1.5yrs, but looking for another Mugello RS6 (1 Beast Down)

I have been lurking for 1.5yrs, but looking for another Mugello RS6 (1 Beast Down)

So my name is Troy, and live out on Denver, CO. I work on VW/Audis at the dealer for 10yrs, and 2yr at an independent VW/Audi shop

I have been lurking around these forums for along time, but fully joined last year (but never posted)

I HAD a 2003 Mugello Blue RS6 w/Black leather interior and Carbon trim

It had a few things down to it. KW v2 coilovers, H-Sport sway bars, ECS brakelines, RS4 front rotors, APR ecu/tcm software, APR R1's, Apikol intake system, Apikol intercoolers, VenAir silicone hoses, Custom Phenolic spacers, Custom v-banded stock downpipes w/no precats, Apikol rear diff support, clear corners w/black trim headlights, 00 A6 tails

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs61..jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	9798

Well long story short, over the weekend I was hit by a semi trailer while the driver was trying to avoid an accident ahead of them. I went under the trailer, when it was swinging back into my lane.
    http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...profile=search

I am very lucky to be alive, and fully beleive if it wasn't for this car I would be dead. I walked away with very minor injuries considering what happened, only minor cuts and bruises and a fractured eye socket.

Here is a aftermath shot when the car got back to the dealer I work at yesterday.

Name:	RS6-01..jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	9797

Sorry for being a downer for my 1st post.

But it took me 6 months in 2008 to find the option car that I wanted, and found it in Jan 2009.

If anyone has any leads on a Mugello Blue, Black Leather, Carbon trim car, I would much appreciate if anyone can help me out finding another one since my baby is gone

First off - Thank goodness you are alive!
    Second - Thank goodness for Audi's excellent all around engineering otherwise this might be another type of story. Your RS6 was sacrificed for your safety.

Do you really have your heart set on a Mugello Blue?
    There is a black one in Texas that has very low mileage (±12,000)

PM sent

P.S. - I have you beat on the lurking - 4 yrs...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

As of right now my heart needs another Mugello Blue car, for obvious emotional attachment issues

I am partial to Avus Silver also, but going to hunt for hopefully my twin and see what turns up

Dude, your first post is an uplifter... considering you survived! Thank GOD and the BEAST! Welcome, officially to best forum on earth! I feel for you on this one since it's my fav color I'm sure someone here will know the location of what you seek!
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

yokust, first of all, that's an amazing story and I'm happy to hear you walked away from it alive. that said, while the Mugello RS6 did save your life, aren't you tempting karma by holding out for another one?

Looking at the rear portion of the "after" photo, it seems to be spliced, cut or something right at the rear side glass??? Two pics???
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by snoopra View Post
    Looking at the rear portion of the "after" photo, it seems to be spliced, cut or something right at the rear side glass??? Two pics???
    to me, it looks like the frame took a heavy hit and the escape hatch (see the rear roof hole) was needed for jettison...
    I bet the trucking company is kicking themselves for messing up THAT car...
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Thanks for all the support

Name:	RS6-03..jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	9802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6-02..jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	9801

Name:	RS6-04..jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	9800Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6-05..jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	9799

Here are some of the pics I have loaded onto my computer

When I went under the trailer it ripped the a-pillar off the car, and luckily rolled on the outside of the vehicle in stead of coming in towards me. And on the b-pillar you can see where the trailer stopped, which was right at my head point.

If I was not 6'4" it might have been worse also

And I am not sure yet if I am cheating karma by getting another Mugello RS6

But I am also not sure if I cannot have another Mugello one

Interesting first post. Glad to see you're alive!

Welcome and have fun!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

^+1

Congrats on being able to tell your story! Sad to see one bite the dust. ;(

Good luck with the hunt and a speedy recovery!
    210K miles rolled

Sorry to see that happen Troy, shit happens, but at least you're alright. You'll find a nice RS6 to replace it with I'm sure. Guess we'll never know who's car was faster though, I was looking foward to Bandimere this summer.

You keeping the car to part out or insurance keeping it?
    E60 M5, killed, 2002 Viper killed, what is next!?

You're one lucky chap! Sorry to hear about your ordeal, but as others have said, you're VERY lucky to have survived that.
    Doubt those scratches will polish out though
    Daytona Grey Saloon | H&Rs | Phaeton Brake Ducts | MRC Gearbox Service | Plus Disks | Aluminium Trim | Massive Grin

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    Sorry to see that happen Troy, shit happens, but at least you're alright. You'll find a nice RS6 to replace it with I'm sure. Guess we'll never know who's car was faster though, I was looking foward to Bandimere this summer.

You keeping the car to part out or insurance keeping it?
    I have already run mine down the track this year, and only thing that changed was the downpipes w/no cats. So when you run let me know what times you consistantly pull off, because I am sure it will be better since you have a trans that works now

Not sure whats happening to car yet. Its back at my dealer so I can pull all my parts off of it. Insurance needs to do research on car to give me a value of her, and than give me cost of keeping it

There is not much left on it worth while. Motor is toast, camshaft sprocket broke off on drivers bank and oil cooler lines busted

Maybe you can come up to denver and give me a ride while I am without mine

My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it!
    2003 Audi RS6- Pearl Black Effect
    Eurocharged ECU/MTM TCU, Hyperboost DV, RSN-E/BT/XM, K&N, EBC-RED

Wow. Amazing and glad you are indeed ok, what a mess. Good luck on the search. I just replaced my old TT with one absolutely identical to it for similar sentimental reasons and as i hopped out fine after hitting a concrete planter at 30 mph in an accident 5 years ago, bought my RS6 the next morning. My ex-wife was saved in a similar Semi side swipe by our Audi cabriolet. The car stayed straight while it changed lanes into her and the door structure saved her as the front wheel of the truck tore through the entire drivers side of the car. Not nearly as violent as your hit.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

+1 on being alive to tell the tale!

I hope you can buy the salvage from your insurance provider to get all the apikol bits off! Was the intake worth any power? Love the way it lets you hear the turbos spool (some mystery RS6 has them in a friend's neighborhood) but did it add any power? Seems like you'd get a lot of hot air in the cone filters?

There's a mugello blue in my home town (not a board member) I'll flag him if I see him.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    +1 on being alive to tell the tale!

I hope you can buy the salvage from your insurance provider to get all the apikol bits off! Was the intake worth any power? Love the way it lets you hear the turbos spool (some mystery RS6 has them in a friend's neighborhood) but did it add any power? Seems like you'd get a lot of hot air in the cone filters?

There's a mugello blue in my home town (not a board member) I'll flag him if I see him.
    you mean this?
    https://www.apikol.com/#Products,Engine,105

O/T-Cornishmoocher has the best sounding spooling I have heard! THAT is what I want! Not necessarily the blow-off valve ricer sound...