Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kenwood DNX 9960 Install. Awesome Navigation Unit

A bit off topic, but did I read somewhere that if I want to remove my Blondstar module and battery from under the carpet that there's something that has to be recoded with the Vag-com? I don't see any point in carrying around the weight of irrelevant equipment.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

The module and battery are easy to remove, just tuck the wires up under the glove box afterwards. Keep the GPS antenna available in case you want to use it later. You don't have to recode but if you want to it is under the instruments module. You just drop the Telematics although if you are going to hook up a factory Bluetooth to a RSN-E Nav head you will leave it the same as if you had Onstar as the factory Bluetooth uses about half of the Onstar wires. The factory Bluetooth with the RNS-E head is a very good setup. It retreives all of my phonebook, missed calls, dialed calls from my I-phone everytime I get in the car and the sound quality is very good and somewhat customizable with Vagcom as far as microphone pickup volume and standard in car volume compared to your radio settings when the call comes in.
    GenXer, does the Kenwood have Bluetooth? I'm sure it does. How does it work on an incoming call? Through all of the speakers or just one as some systems do? Does it use the factory Onstar/Bluetooth Microphone in the overhead sunroof panel?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by dWiGhT View Post
    Where did you get the bezel to mount this?
    NE1 on where to find the mounting bezel for the double dins on the Audi RS6? I can only find a single din adapter...

thanks...

dWiGhT

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    The module and battery are easy to remove, just tuck the wires up under the glove box afterwards. Keep the GPS antenna available in case you want to use it later. You don't have to recode but if you want to it is under the instruments module. You just drop the Telematics although if you are going to hook up a factory Bluetooth to a RSN-E Nav head you will leave it the same as if you had Onstar as the factory Bluetooth uses about half of the Onstar wires. The factory Bluetooth with the RNS-E head is a very good setup. It retreives all of my phonebook, missed calls, dialed calls from my I-phone everytime I get in the car and the sound quality is very good and somewhat customizable with Vagcom as far as microphone pickup volume and standard in car volume compared to your radio settings when the call comes in.
    GenXer, does the Kenwood have Bluetooth? I'm sure it does. How does it work on an incoming call? Through all of the speakers or just one as some systems do? Does it use the factory Onstar/Bluetooth Microphone in the overhead sunroof panel?

Hahnmgh63 I had installed a Kenwood DNX8120 In my 2.7T. The I-Pod control and the Bluetooth worked flawlessly. Seconds after the unit booted up it would latch onto my I-Phone and I was ready to go. Incoming or Outgoing calls would mute the entire sound system, after which when the call was complete would return to where it left off. You could select either left,right or both of the Front speakers for Telephone and Navigation Audio. I ran the Microphone up the Left front A-Pillar to the left of the Sun visor. I had no microphone in my over head panel.

Quote Originally Posted by dWiGhT View Post
    NE1 on where to find the mounting bezel for the double dins on the Audi RS6? I can only find a single din adapter...

thanks...

dWiGhT
    dWiGhT I used the SCOSCHE AU2380B Double Din Mounting Kit, easily found on Ebay for relatively cheap. I have to look for some pictures of my install, can't seem to find them right now.
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

dWiGhT I used the SCOSCHE AU2380B Double Din Mounting Kit, easily found on Ebay for relatively cheap. I have to look for some pictures of my install, can't seem to find them right now.
    Sweet! Ordered the complete kit (Dash Kit, Wire Harness and Antenna Adapter) off ebay for $20... thanks!