Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS5 or keep the gen 2 C4s?

When looking at some pictures the rear blistered arches look more like a standard S5 arches but with a subtle crease to make the appeareance that they are blistered. The fronts you can tell are more prominent.
    I would have liked to see a more distinguishable flared rear arch.
    Having driven the M3 I just could not get excited enough to buy one.

If the M3 did not excited you enough Then I dont think RS5 will as the M3 is a more involving/rewarding car to drive. This on a pure fun factor. Of course the RS has other strenght that we all know... Depends what you are looking for

What about a Panamera turbo :-)

Great choice Fab. Fantastic car with that special Porsche feeling. I'm looking forward to pics and some more posting from you.

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    If the M3 did not excited you enough Then I dont think RS5 will as the M3 is a more involving/rewarding car to drive. This on a pure fun factor. Of course the RS has other strenght that we all know... Depends what you are looking for

What about a Panamera turbo :-)
    Dont get me wrong the M3 is a good car but it had things wrong that I instantly noticed like bad seating position and inferior looking interior plastics. It did handle so much better than my old RS4 though.
    Panermera Turbo is out of my price range but I have driven the Panermera S and that was a cracking car but not my cup of tea.
    If I get in the RS5 and have that same feeling I had when I stepped into my old RS4 then im sure I will have one but by getting the C4s its raised my expectations somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    Great choice Fab. Fantastic car with that special Porsche feeling. I'm looking forward to pics and some more posting from you.

Congratulations!
    thanks a lot. Will post for shure... 10 more days to wait.

Ciao

Fab

Delivery is scheduled for.... tomorrow 5:00pm

Will share more in due course...

Happy man, happy man, happy man....

Congratulations!

Eagerly waiting for some photos

How shall I start ? I have no idea ??? This car is just amaizing, fantastic, stunning, insane... just THE GT benchmark, nothing else to say : look, architecture, feeling, flat 6, hanlding, etc, etc.

I need to discover the beast step by step but I already can say for shure that it will be VERY difficult to switch brand once you try/own a 911.

What a car, what a unique feeling, simply fantastic

Some poor quality pics :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0986..jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	10172   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0985..jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	10173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0989..jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	10174   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0988..jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	10175   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0983..jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	10176   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0987..jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	10177  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0984..jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	10178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0979..jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	10179  

Congratulations !!!! very nice car.

Congratulations!!!

Have a lot of fun with it!

Thanks guys... I will for shure ! I now have to get use to it which will take some time.

Cheers

Fab

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    I need to discover the beast step by step but I already can say for shure that it will be VERY difficult to switch brand once you try/own a 911.
    I had 2 porschs 911. incl a turbo (996 TT).

and sure perforamnce wise it is better.... difficult to beat a 996 TT else than a 997 TT of course...

but I enjoyed the overall package of the RS4 V8 better. à 911 is a tricky car chassis wise and i hate that. i never felt 100% safe. not enough weight on the front. adn at high speeds the front is very unstable. you can feel it. of course for the sames reasons when you brake that is perfect and audi cannto be close to that braking feeling.

but at 300 Km/h with an RS car you feel safe.

so unless you are a really good pilot to master a porsche. be carefull and enjoy your car. the 997 have improved a bit VS 996 of course. but the weight issue will always be there with à 911 rear engine config. unavoidable.
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Porsche has indeed a very unique/specific weight distribution which is part of the myth. Each buyer must know that and learn how to deal with it, no doubt (unless you just want to cruise around which is not my type...). Most of car enthusiastics love this set up but of course some do not.

With the 997 model 911s are much more "accessible" though : the light front feeling and the "all in the back behaviour" has been considerably enhanced compared to past models (and even more with the mkII). But all in all this is the "Gen" that make a 911 drive so unique.

From my side. some track trainings are in the pipeline to get it better. This is for (me at least) a logical step.

The specific Porsche config has always had and will always have its fans and its "anti". Each one has to know what he wants.

I was close to get a 997 TT but wanted to go for the aspirated flat 6 and PSE noise rather than the "TGV" feel and unbeetable power. Maybe next one...

For me top speed is irelevant. What I want is the best immediate (daily) special feeling and driving impression a car can provide. And for a 365 days sport car difficult to find better IMO.

The engine feel on your back, the unique flat 6 noise and responsivness enhanced on demand by the PSE button is just a MUST. Fantastic adaptative seats, steering feel, perfect (short shift) gearbox, etc... I stop here. My first true sport (GT) car.

I am totally thrilled by this car. I could not have made a better choice even vs a 997 mkII more linear and inferior PSE. I stop here I do not want to bother you guys :-)))

Bottom line for my personal taste is that there is no match with my former RS4 and shurely no match with the RS5. This is of course my personal taste.

I hope Youry, Ritchy and Co. you will love what the RS5 will offer you so that we will all be happy men driving great cars. Let us hope this will be possible for another llllooooooonnnnngggg time.

Best

Fab
    Last edited by Fab; July 28th, 2010 at 15:20.

the most important for sure is that you are a happy man.... the rest who cares right
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Once again, big congratulations Fab. The 911 looks superb and is a fantastic car to drive for sure. Keep pics and impressions comming!

Some impressions and feedback after slightly more than a month of 911 ownership :

First of all the shape of the car is just stunning. Agressive and eternal, a true GT, the first one for me. The C4S and its wider body, low ride together with the sport exhaust and 305/30/19 tires makes it an awsome package.

The interior is purely Porsche specific : the left key of course, the superposition of the gauges and speedo, the seats, the full leather cockpit, etc make it so special, so unique.

The engine/gear box/steering : simply the best ever combination I have experienced (an undisputed reference of course) but truly fantastic. I mean everything is so precise and the quicker you go the better the entire mechanical set up rewards you with precision and perfect reaction. This really shows the decades of engineering on that 911 myth. The engine is very smooth on easy driving and in the city and turns into a complete animal from 5000 rpm up to the readline. A pure TTkick at 5000rpm and a fantastic and unic flat 6 noise !!!! I have the short shift which is a must to have. A bit hard until the whole pacakge gets on temperature, but then it is paradise. Steering is precise and smooth enough. I am (re)learning to grab it properly at almost anytime as the car must be handled with care when driving harder.

I like the normal PSE mode which makes the 911 discrete and easy going. With PSE ON the sound is insane and almost everyone is looking at you which in the city is not really my cup of tea. PSE is ideal when driving around for your pleasure on twisty roads or on a more sporty/hard core mode as it sharpens throttle and releases a bit the PSM as well.

I got 2 Porsche baby seats in the back from day one and children (2,8 years old) feat perfectly. Few w-e ago we all went to our moutain flat (1.5 hour drive) and it went well. The boot is enough for reasonable daily/w-e needs.

I have ordered a second set of wheels "Sport Design" that will be fitted next week with my summer tires. My Carrera S wheels (from the above pictures) will get my new winter tires. They will also welcome some more track oriented rubbers soon for some track days.

I am simply in love with this fantastic GT car and will for shure get some/many more in the future. This is of course forward looking and will first enjoy 150% my current C4S as much as I can. There is so much left to discover, to learn and to enjoy. Especially I want to fully get the "all in the back" dynamic characteristics and master it as much as I can. Once achieved it will be pure sex

I am a bit lazy on new better quality pics. Will handle this once the new wheels are fitted.

Drawbacks ? few details such as PASM could be a bit better (which seems to be on mkII), rain detector a bit sleepy (maybe to be reset), more power (as usual always want more = next one probably a 911 TT but with some sport exhaust... or GT3 if I become track addict soon...), parking sensor available in the front (not essential but used to it...).

Cheers,

Fab

Thanks for the feedback, Fab!

That was interesting to read.