Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS5 or keep the gen 2 C4s?

RS5 or keep the gen 2 C4s?

I had my name down for an RS5 back in 2008/9 but decided I couldnt wait any longer so went ahead and bought a manual generation 2 997 C4s. Its a fantastic car and I dont really want to get rid of it but the reality is that we tend to use our X5 at weekends (9 month old child etc). We have car seats and prams that fit in the C4s but its just easier to chuck things in the X5.
    Im sure we will use it more as he gets older but I feel that a slightly larger Coupe will allow us to take the larger pram and associated bits a little more easily and maybe my wife will drive it with Stronic (C4s is manual).
    The big question is will the RS5 be dynamically better than my C4s?
    Opinions please.

The RS5 will definetly be a better family oriented car. And probably as fast, but perhaps not up to the full sportiness ofh te 911.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    The RS5 will definetly be a better family oriented car. And probably as fast, but perhaps not up to the full sportiness ofh te 911.
    Yes, I think you are right. Im not a fan of the plastics used in my old B7 Rs4 and the S5 interior plastics look similar, I would certainly miss the leather covered dash and doors of the 997.
    At the moment im not convinced about the looks of the RS5, I need to see it in the flesh as it looks a bit lame in the pictures. Daytonna grey and black optics would look nice.

The 997 C4S mkII is a fantastic car and I would buy it tomorrow without considering any other options if I did not have 2 children and a dog... and I seems you are now in the same position.

You can fit the children but nothing else as luggages or stuff even for a short week end and this, to me at least, is to restrictive so the RS5 or equivalent (M3, C63, GT-R, etc.) is my world for choice (with big bias for RS5 for the time being).

If I would be you and since you already own this fantastic car, I would only consider a concrete switch if the RS5 meets all (objective) expectations all of us (enthusiastics) can reasonably hope for, with the right obviously to be quite demanding.

Just continue to enjoy your Porsche and wait for full infos, specs, and tests to really concretely feel what the RS5 can deliver to you (excepted more space).

All the best

Fab

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    The 997 C4S mkII is a fantastic car and I would buy it tomorrow without considering any other options if I did not have 2 children and a dog...
    Well... I just made a contradictory decision on Saturday : C4S mkI, PSE, short shift, etc... Delivery July 27th

Great opportunity at a very interesting price from Porsche dealer !!! Will share more in due course.

Fab

Well... I just made a contradictory decision on Saturday : C4S mkI, PSE, short shift, etc... Delivery July 27th

Great opportunity at a very interesting price from Porsche dealer !!! Will share more in due course.

Fab
    Well hello!

Hi fab !

Congratulations....does that mean your RS5 project is in standby ?

Amazing choice. I like this.

Fab
    does not make sense indeed.
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

I saw the car on tue, my wife on wed, test drive on fri and I signed on sat. Porsche has always been a strong attraction (started from my father when I was a child) and this was a great opportunity. The car is amaizing and the PSE noise fantastic.

Since I have an ML for the family it is finally a good combination. I might also keep my fiat 500 Abarth opening edition (bought after I sold the RS4).

Audi will always be a future choice but for now I am going to enjoy the flat 6...

By the way I fixed my RS5 test drive for next wed 21. I will cancel it for now...

I am very happy about my choice and will share it with you guys in due course.

I have been fighting all evening to win an auction on a car plate ending 911 :-)) and I succeded. It will be the final touch !

Cheers

Fab

By the way I fixed my RS5 test drive for next wed 21. I will cancel it for now...
    it is a wise idea as if not you would have probably realised you had made a questionable choice. In the last two weeks I have had very close friends who have owned the RS4 V8 an,d have tried the RS5 and told me that it is rally miuch different and not only a small evolution. so now I am really desperate to get it for sure...

engien revs very quickly (much quicker than RS4 V8, never stop getting power till red line. Stronic is perfect. power is there now...Etc....

really hope you will not regret your choice
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Absolutely no doubt ! And the power and sensations are there as well... As there is no doubt the RS5 is a great car. Each one with its own characteristics.

I do not cancel my test drive being afraid of have made a mistake but for being fair with my Audi dealer I know for more than 10y.

All in all I really needed to get something "new" and Porsche is a myth which I really want to experience. The drive I have had is more than enough to be thrilled by this car.

Hope you will accept me if few of us meet in the future ;-)

Fab, if you're happy with it.....it's the good choice.

And you know, a RS5 is not the better car for a complete family + dog. It seems there is much more place in the rear of a RS4.

So enjoy your new toy !

Thanks Ritchy.

Finally the family issue is not a real problem since all extended vacations are handled by the ML. And my dog is small :-)

The Porsche will be my daily/week end car (also got winter tires) and for resonable drives children fit.

On top of all I have been without sport car for almost 2 years which adds to my joy and impatience.

I am a very happy man.

Hope you will accept me if few of us meet in the future ;-)
    of course.... i am just playing around with you no issues...
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Thanks Ritchy.

Finally the family issue is not a real problem since all extended vacations are handled by the ML. And my dog is small :-)

The Porsche will be my daily/week end car (also got winter tires) and for resonable drives children fit.

On top of all I have been without sport car for almost 2 years which adds to my joy and impatience.

I am a very happy man.
    Congratulations on the C4s, they are superb cars and I just love getting in mine. Im still struggling to find a picture of the RS5 that would make me want one, unfortunatley the more I see the less impressive it looks and I actually prefer the look of the M3, sorry. I shall still take a drive and see if it ignites something inside as I never wanted an RS4 but as soon as I drove one I had to have one.

Thanks and good luck for your choice nice cars both of them but C4S rules ;-)

I was also upset with the RS5 pictures until i saw one in a german dealer last month. Very, very, very impressive. Any photo can show how it is in reality.

Very curious, but the rear seems to be the less impressive side of the RS5.

Fab, sorry for the poor photoshop (done in 2,78 sec !), that's my final configuration. Hope to travel in switzerland this winter, if you have one hour, i would be happy with a couple of pictures of our two cars....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS5_52..JPG 
Views:	230 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	10079

Very nice Ritchy and your delivery is slowly coming closer... Definitely let me know if you come nearby.

Best

Fab