Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rs6 (3) M3 (0) Vette (na)

Rs6 (3) M3 (0) Vette (na)

Okay so I used to post these in the racing section but figured it would get read more here.........admin it's your discretion to move this thread if you'd like.

So I'm driving to class and a green late model vetter zooms behind me.....when the light turns green he zooms around me.....too much traffic but there is a killer straight-away coming up if we can both get there (next to LAX.....where Lincoln branches off from Sepulveda).....but I can't get his attention because he's trying to hard to be cool. (hope I wasn't that arrogant when I was driving my vette back in the day)

So later that night on the drive home.....I encounter an M3 with some nice and very big exhaust tips. He's driving remotely fast and I kind of zip around him too let him know an RS6 is around .......he zips back around me and what do you know..........we're both at a red light.....PERFECT.

.....now this guy is cool.....we just look at each other quickly and we both grin like a couple of 18 year olds hitting a strip bar for the very first time........

....I rev the engine a little to make sure there's no mistake...(by the way...we're on PCH which is a very busy street and patrolled severly by police officers.....and I in no way condone street racing.....but I'd still like to share this brain-fart with you).....so now the cross street turns yellow and I have one foot on the brakes and the other one revving the engine.......GREEN.....almost like slow motion.....I wait for the beast to get going......felt like hours......then I feel movement......i'm already half a car length in front.......and then the beast catapults ....before I know it I'm a car length and a half in front of the M3 and pretty much stay there until we hit the next light.......the first 2 seconds felt like hours and the last 2 were just a blur.......that was sweeeeeeeeet!

The engine is officially broken in. Props to the M3 for bringin it.......so lucky though.....not less than a mile later we see flashing lights up ahead....there's a cop there giving a ticket......he probably heard the turbos spinning but what could he do

...got home and the wife told me not to bother calling her when I need to get bailed out of jail............told her don't worry about my ass but you better have the beast out of the pound within the hour

Good! and some magazines (in the UK in particular and www.track-challenge) would like us to believe that the M3 is actually faster than the RS6
    [img]http://www.audioimports.com/slogos3c.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://www.audioimports.com/cars/Audi.htm]Andre's Audi Pages[/url]
    [url=http://www.audiclubsa.org.za]Audi Club of South Africa[/url]

nOObie!

Originally posted by thcakid

...got home and the wife told me not to bother calling her when I need to get bailed out of jail
    You never call the wife from the clink, you call your LAWYER or if too late in the day, you call your BAIL BONDSMAN. Newbie

Oh, BTW nice race stories

RS6 is definitely quicker than an M3 from the line. Should be quicker on a roll as well. Should be quite close though. M3 will eat an RS6 on a track.

re: Rs6 (3) M3 (0) Vette (na)

thecakid

Fun stuff, but watch that long arm of the law. :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Hey Icon, you're too funny man. Agree totally that lawyer is first on my speed dial. Never thought about that bondsmen!!!!

FEVR

Smile ...

Originally posted by avdh
    Good! and some magazines (in the UK in particular and www.track-challenge) would like us to believe that the M3 is actually faster than the RS6
    ...negatory ghost rider.........the RS6 spanked ass that night

Smile Re: nOObie!

Originally posted by iconcls
    You never call the wife from the clink, you call your LAWYER or if too late in the day, you call your BAIL BONDSMAN. Newbie
    hahahahahahaha

Smile

Originally posted by 351 Ponies
    RS6 is definitely quicker than an M3 from the line. Should be quicker on a roll as well. Should be quite close though. M3 will eat an RS6 on a track.
    i definitely got the jump on him at the light...(the half car-length)....and that quickly grew into another car length where both cars stayed put.......until i tapped the brake lights repeatedly to let him know a bump in the road was coming up and the race was over.

.....and it was very close as you say.....i could hear his engine and mine screaming bloody murder......too bad i didn't look down to check speeds.......i took a nanosecond glance to check the redline.....and then the rest of the time my eyeballs were glued to the pavement, upcoming streets, rearview mirror, cats in the alley, and basically any damn thing that could interfere with my path......especially coppers.

....now in theory......had we seen flashing red and blues in the rear view mirror.......the best thing would probably be to split up.....just long enough to see if he chases the other guy.........if he kept chasing me then i would have stopped.....

...maybe. .....news at 11.....a car chase takes higway patrol to vegas at speeds nearing 170mph.....officers had to call in the helicoptors.........:bang: "an LA judge takes away his license, impounds the beast, and gives him 2 years in jail and 5 years probation..... ......naaaa never run....never.

I had a similar encounter with a M3 in the Strawberry fields in Irvine - It was my first day with the beast so I had to take it easy, but I still beat him. He saw me ahead of him and wanted to play, he sped up to catch up - I could see him coming. I was already at about 60mph so I just stepped on it - he never caught up. I probably pushed it over the line (over 5000 rpms - don't know wasnt looking), but I couldn't resist. I'm pretty sure I was well over 100mph before we hit the red light. When we both stopped I looked over at him and he was laughing his a$$ off, which of course got me laughing. I wanted to continue, but he was so uncomposed - he just let me jet. It was all in fun - I kind of wish I could find him again for a real race. The fields are about the only place here in O.C. that are safe and relatively cop free. But alas, they are being graded for a new housing development, so unfortunatly the fun will be over soon. I'm really digging the stories!

Re: Rs6 (3) M3 (0) Vette (na)

Originally posted by thcakid
    we just look at each other quickly and we both grin like a couple of 18 year olds hitting a strip bar for the very first time........
    LOL! Hilarious wording, thcakid!

Originally posted by 351 Ponies
    I'm surprised to hear that the RS6 is quicker than the M3 off the line. I thought the 4000lbs would be working against it. This is my first turbo car. The perception in my head is that it is slow off the line, especially when my body feels the boost kick in around 30MPH or so (my estimate). Maybe it really isn't slow off the line, but when those turbos spool up, it just makes everything else in comparison feel slow. It just doesn't seem like.. BAM.. instant power, even at highway speeds. Is that considered turbo lag? Again, this is my first turbo, so I have no prior experience.
    '01.5 Stg3 S4 (Dahlback Racing software)
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

'03 RS 6 (Avus/Silver/NAV/Rear Side Airbags) --gone but not forgotten

Re: re: Rs6 (3) M3 (0) Vette (na)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RS6FEVR
    Hey Icon, you're too funny man. Agree totally that lawyer is first on my speed dial.

I would love to be able to say I DON'T speak from experience:

Me: "Ummm...errrr...Honey, I'm down here at the Cook Co. lockup, do you think you could come by and post bail AND...ahhh...pleeeease hurry...Leroy is looking a little AMOROUS

Wife: (click...dial tone)

Me: Honey? Dear? Help?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RS6FEVR
    Never thought about that bondsmen!!!!

Wake a lawyer or tear him from his golf game and the price TRIPLES

re: Rs6 (3) M3 (0) Vette (na)

Icon

ROFLMAO man, stop it, you're killin me here!!

For me it'd be,
    hmmm, honey, you know that third ticket I wasn't supposed to get, well, ya know that spot on 294, well, they had a damn trooper in the air and the radio just caught up with me and,
    wife - click, bzzzzzzzzzzz!
    me - honey, honey honey?????

Tooo funny for sure.

FEVR

GOOD STUFF guys and gals. Very funny. I don't know if it would be me or my wife calling from the big house but there is a good chance my attorney would be with me. We are good friends and he loves the RS6 and has decided to get a new S4. I can just see it now.......my friend who has at times encouraged me to drive fast trying to explain to the officer.

Cop pulls me over after clocking 110mph

Me: " ahhhh you got this one Greg?"

Greg: " yeah, yeah, I think I can talk our way outta this"

Greg: " ya know officer funny thing......."
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Originally posted by JJV-MA
    I'm surprised to hear that the RS6 is quicker than the M3 off the line. I thought the 4000lbs would be working against it. This is my first turbo car. The perception in my head is that it is slow off the line, especially when my body feels the boost kick in around 30MPH or so (my estimate). Maybe it really isn't slow off the line, but when those turbos spool up, it just makes everything else in comparison feel slow. It just doesn't seem like.. BAM.. instant power, even at highway speeds. Is that considered turbo lag? Again, this is my first turbo, so I have no prior experience.
    It's the all-wheel drive that helps propel the RS6 quicker from a standstill than a comparable rear-wheel drive car. There's also the much-cited example of the RS2 being quicker to 30 mph than McLaren F1, which has almost twice the engine output (315 hp vs. 627 hp, if memory serves me well) of the Audi. The Macca is of course unparalleled in the 0-60 dash, though.

Nice story and great comments.

thcakid, Luckylady and the rest of the So Cal gang just let me know when is a good weekend and maybe will meet somewhere in O.C. Unless of course you'd like to learn where some of those back country roads are

Ben

back-country roads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Smile ...

hey everyone,

been swamped with work and school.

i redrove the street where the race took placed and as far as I can tell it was roughly under a quarter of a mile of action.

i also didn't mention that I thought I saw my ESP warning light flashing.....but that was about halfway through the race ??? ....did i redline too hard, could that do it, or is there that much frickin torque in the middle gears....dunno.

....as for the socal meeting....lets do it. but lets find a place with a nice straight away.....and good getaway options at the end of the path......just in case those "badboys badboys....whatchagonnado" find us racing.