Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Advice....

Looking For Advice....

..... on the best medium to use if I wanted to sale my RS6.

Autotrader? Ebay doesn't seem to be actually selling any cars lately.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Thanks V8. I really want the S5 V8, now that I know the RS5 wont have a six speed manual. I don't even want to talk about the DSG.

Et tu, Willie? Next thing I know I'll see a dhall thread to sell his.

Agree with Pat, autotrader.com is the only thing. Cars just don't sell well on eBay anymore for whatever reason. You put it on there, it fails to make reserve, and then you got taint. Ain't nobody like the taint. Better to let it sit on Autotrader for a couple months until you get a fair price. Yes, the S5 is a newer, sexier shape, but I should tell you that I absolutely crushed one at a stoplight drag the other day. Just sayin.

PS: I know you don't need that Kenwood head unit for an S5, I'll give you $800 for it.

Fat chance.

I keep my rides 10-15 years.

Still have my 87 Supra turbo out back in the shop. Too nice to let any monkey get hold of it.

Ditto on the RS6. Warranty till 2015 and only 32k miles so far.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DAVEHA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Et tu, Willie? Next thing I know I'll see a dhall thread to sell his.

Agree with Pat, autotrader.com is the only thing. Cars just don't sell well on eBay anymore for whatever reason. You put it on there, it fails to make reserve, and then you got taint. Ain't nobody like the taint. Better to let it sit on Autotrader for a couple months until you get a fair price. Yes, the S5 is a newer, sexier shape, but I should tell you that I absolutely crushed one at a stoplight drag the other day. Just sayin.

PS: I know you don't need that Kenwood head unit for an S5, I'll give you $800 for it.
    Now that's a LOL right there. I can sell it with all the extra's I got for more than I paid for it.

The only problem I have is there are not that many V8 examples out there to chose from. Might have to wait till end of 2010 to allow time for more units to come on the market.

I know the RS6 will beat the S5 but I'm not racing it. Tickets in VA are to costly and reckless driving comes with jail time for the 1st offense in most cases. When I was 20 I wanted the VW Corrado but I had two kids and I could not have it because it was a coupe, well i have three kids and the youngest turns 18 this August, so I am finally losing my back seats and the two extra doors.
    Last edited by GEN XER; April 9th, 2010 at 04:40.

S5 v8

The car is a dog, all show and no go. Probably one of the bet looking cars around but way underpowered. Better off with an e92 M3, much more care for the $$$. Hands down, no comparison whatsoever.
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

mean "best" looking car
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

Quote Originally Posted by RS6VA View Post
    The car is a dog, all show and no go. Probably one of the bet looking cars around but way underpowered. Better off with an e92 M3, much more care for the $$$. Hands down, no comparison whatsoever.
    Good point. My brother has an e92 M3 six speed, that car is a friggin' hoot, the V8 just winds up and screams. He's thinking about supercharging it, at which point he will utterly destroy me on the freeway on-ramp on the way to grandma's for thanksgiving. The whole package feels very tight and agile, doesn't have the nose-heavy Audi thing going on. If I didn't need a real back seat I would've been all over it.

I have two friends with S5's, great-looking car that draws all kinds of attention from people who don't know shit about cars (which I find annoying, but some people like, to each his own.) Big contrast to the sleeper nature of an RS6.

I had an 08' M3, super car. I would definitely buy another, perhaps SMG this time. If i could change anything it would be more torque. Another 50-75lb ft of torque and that car is untouchable by anything 2x the price. For now, I am enjoying the RS but I get bored quickly. I see a 996TT S in my future.
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

I would think the new Rs5 is a decent car to get to replace an Rs6. Agreed on the S5...not really an impressive ride, but they do have the looks.

996TTs are a great buy today too....
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    I would think the new Rs5 is a decent car to get to replace an Rs6. Agreed on the S5...not really an impressive ride, but they do have the looks.

996TTs are a great buy today too....
    From people giving them away...

GEN EXR....please post details of your car and asking price...i'm looking for one!!!

VERY true there Mike...very true. Depreciation is a beotch.

You going to give yours away or keep it now?
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Thanks guys but I'm really liking the S5 over the RS5 because it has a 6sp manual. VAG has a bad track record with there automatic transmissions, even the DSG. Now if i could have a 6sp manual RS5 I would jump on it but its not coming. I can always SC the S5 if I need more HP, but I cant get a manual trans for a RS5. I really love the look more than anything else. For those interested in buying PM me for added details.

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    GEN EXR....please post details of your car and asking price...i'm looking for one!!!
    Bakes PM Sent

Well I didn't have to use Ebay or Auto Trader their were enough buyers right here. I may have it gone as early as next week or as late as May. I will keep you guys informed on the progress.

My RS6 has sold to a forum member. I started this thread 8 APR and it is sold 19 days later. My SRT8 took 2 years.