Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RNS-E Interest

bid

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    What I know about the receiver is that it has BT and it does work through the On-Star, and the Dice Ipod module. I dont think it has a Sat module. If it does I have not seen it. I think $1300 shipped is a fair price.

$1500 shipped for a new one. I will bid $900 to start.
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

We covered that price from vagnav

1349 for just the head unit and harness is for a used euro spec tested and ready to install.

Willie wants 900 for the same. More for the BT, dice and sat module if you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6VA View Post
    $1500 shipped for a new one. I will bid $900 to start.

Take some clean pix and put 'er on eBay, Willie!

I would have been all over this a month ago... but I'm going aftermarket, so much easier to get the capabilities I really want. Debating pioneer, alpine, or kenwood, thinking about molding a faceplate to get a more OEM look... I guess I'm an OEM+ kind of guy.

I wish there was a way to get the 2010 Audi nav+ in a C5... doesn't look too doable, though.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Take some clean pix and put 'er on eBay, Willie!

I would have been all over this a month ago... but I'm going aftermarket, so much easier to get the capabilities I really want. Debating pioneer, alpine, or kenwood, thinking about molding a faceplate to get a more OEM look... I guess I'm an OEM+ kind of guy.

I wish there was a way to get the 2010 Audi nav+ in a C5... doesn't look too doable, though.
    Kenwood for me. I had the Pioneer DEH-700BT in my VW and I thought it was good until I went to the Kenwood Excelon X994 and found out what good really is. Once you tune them both to your own liking the Kenwood walks away from the Pioneer for the same price. I had to raise the volume to 38 to get the same response the Kenwood gives at 20.

RS6VA If you want the head unit alone then deal for $900 if you are talking the whole thing then 1300 will get it all.

PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by CornersWell View Post
    PM Sent...
    PM Answered

The system has sold for full asking price. Thanks everyone for your interest. Now I have to get it uninstalled and shipped this week.

RS6VA If you want the head unit alone then deal for $900 if you are talking the whole thing then 1300 will get it all.

i really want the BT as well, dont care about the SAT radio - i despise XM/Sirius - great product but crappy company to deal with. i owuld rather listed to the engine.

If you still have it in a week or two i will consider it, I am spending a bunch of money on a long arm suspensionfor my jeep
    Last edited by RS6VA; March 29th, 2010 at 15:27. Reason: spelling
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

i really want the BT as well, dont care about the SAT radio - i despise XM/Sirius - great product but shittly company to deal with. i owuld rather listed to the engine.

If you still have it in a week or two i will consider it, I am spending a bunch of money on a long arm suspensionfor my jeep right now.
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

missed that, congratulations on sale. Perhaps i should be looking at the Kenwood as well? Post a pic once it has been installed.
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

Quote Originally Posted by RS6VA View Post
    missed that, congratulations on sale. Perhaps i should be looking at the Kenwood as well? Post a pic once it has been installed.
    The 9960 has not hit stores yet. It is not scheduled to be released until sometime in Apr. Hopefully its like this week Apr not last week Apr.

Kenwood 9960 or Pioneer Z110BT

The Kenwood is the leader right now.

What do you gain from this change in Head-units?

Quote Originally Posted by Amulet-S6 View Post
    What do you gain from this change in Head-units?
    For starters I only need the head unit for BT, Sat Connection, and Ipod connections, it has auto update for Nav and Navteq. The freq response is better, more options for tuning the system, more RCA outputs, AV outputs and so on.

For starters I only need the head unit for BT, Sat Connection, and Ipod connections, it has auto update for Nav and Navteq. The freq response is better, more options for tuning the system, more RCA outputs, AV outputs and so on.
    That pretty much seals it for me...
    AND it connects to the shark antenna?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    That pretty much seals it for me...
    AND it connects to the shark antenna?
    http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...gation/DNX9960

I know you can have Sirius Sat as an option (check features on the link), and it should work through the OE antenna. It may take an adapter but it should be able to work with it. I am not using Sat Radio so I have not asked about what equipment or adapters are needed. I would ensure the unit did what I wanted before I bought it. We can ask the member who put the Alpine in his car for input.

I asked Mudguts here.
    http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20...ny-ideas/page2
    Last edited by GEN XER; March 30th, 2010 at 06:34.

Ohhhhh Nooooooo somebody stole my radio and junk! J/K Its out and on its way tomorrow.

Head Unit/ Wiring Harness/ BT Cable.

Back of Head Unit w/o harness connected. The BT cable connects to the blue connection next to the fan and runs to the module connection some how.

Sat Module and cable that runs from Head Unit to the rear.

Ipod Module/ Wiring Harness/ Cable

BT Module/ Mic/ Antenna (wrapped in bubble wrap for shipping)

BT Module Pin and Antenna location

Sat Module location

The space where the Sat Module use to be will now hold this. Two Amps in one.
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps.php?amp_id=537

Sounds good to me. If you wouldn't mind, let me know when this becomes available and whom has the best price.

Keep Smiling, Jim