Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air compressor

Air compressor

Anyone got a picture of the one that came with the car?

Alright -- remind me of this too in a couple days when I get back to the States.

It is in the back. On the far side (you know the passengers side -- over on the right somewhere far away from where I usually sit).

I will take a photo when I get home.
    Last edited by JRS-RS6; March 18th, 2010 at 23:21. Reason: Captialized States!
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Here ya go. Funny thing is I just discussed this with the Audi tech this morning as I was at the service dept. This thing is $400 bucks according to him. We were actually discussing other items, but this came up as we were in the trunk area looking for a rattle.

210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Here ya go. Funny thing is I just discussed this with the Audi tech this morning as I was at the service dept. This thing is $400 bucks according to him. We were actually discussing other items, but this came up as we were in the trunk area looking for a rattle.

OK -- so I am off the hook for that one when I get back home. Thanks Ben! i GOT a BIG list already one less thing is a start.

$400 Bucks! Holdy $hit that is way out of line -- and if I recall correcly that does not really look like what I saw behind the Bose Subwofer in my car -- maybe I got the $40 version .
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Uhhh- My wife and family normally call me Randy...However; I'm good with Ben but the Ben's of the world may revolt if they think I may join their ranks..;0
    210K miles rolled

Uhhh- My wife and family normally call me Randy...However; I'm good with Ben but the Ben's of the world may revolt if they think I may join their ranks..;0
    revolting....
    er, wait.... I am revolting....
    eh? That is worse....grrrr (...mean what I type, type what I mean....)

I, BEN, will revolt!!!!

James, that is the compressor alright. I even have a plastic mat to either lay upon or set it upon...
    Maybe the stuffy celebrity that owned this before me didn't wanna get his fingers dirty...???
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

^^ I think you had it correct the second time.

I'm sure my IQ would increase by at least 50% if my name were only Ben, and I might even be allowed back on campus...However; I've heard there are too many of them out there stalking young ladies showing off their assets....

Post count whores ^^

^^ As you add to your count with the above....Wowza-Zing-Bam
    210K miles rolled

^^ I think you had it correct the second time.

I'm sure my IQ would increase by at least 50% if my name were only Ben, and I might even be allowed back on campus...However; I've heard there are too many of them out there stalking young ladies showing off their assets....
    Showing off their a$$-ets and boob-ets... I am not even including the on campus pool... It is a "gut-sucking-in" exercise...
    I haven't seen any thongs on the ground...YET... Finals are coming so I would make a safe bet on finding several in very common walking areas. I do a "Duck Hunt" giggle every time...

Back on topic: "thee" compressor is located in the same space as the finely tuned Bozo dual 4" woofers. is there something else, missing perhaps, located in that same space?

Post whores? ppfffssttt
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Anything special about that air compressor? Besides the logo?

Ouch, $400!. Mine was MIA when the car arrived so it now has a beauty from Sears with a built in gauge, auto shutoff and it fits nicely in the assigned area. I've already used it to pump up some bike tires...

This thing is $400 bucks according to him. We were actually discussing other items, but this came up as we were in the trunk area looking for a rattle.
    Guys, these OEM compressors are on E-bay all day long. I got one for $35 shipped in like new condition just a month ago because mine was stolen out of my car (along with the manuals and tools) when it went to auction. The OEM part number is: 8D0 012 615C

When I was looking for mine, I did searches of "audi tire compressor" and "audi compressor". There are a few Mercs that have the same part, but mine is the one that came OEM in the RS 6.

Speaking of tools, if anyone has a toolkit with the jack laying around, I'll buy it.
    2003 RS 6
    2001.5 S4
    1990 200
    1990 Lotus Esprit SE
    2002 F4i Racecar

Smileys are to Car Forums like the Bubonic Plague was to Europe...

^^ Much more reasonable- I did not try to check/verify the tech's blabbering about the price as I was not in need of one. I was just parroting what he said and said that was a crazy cost. Audi genuine parts does list MSRP as $419 and the cost to be $302.

The same guys selling the $35 Oem compressors (h3ll- the one you bought was probably the one they lifted out of your car at auction) and are also selling Brazil's missing tools and jack stand for $25...;0
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by sheatisdale View Post
    Anything special about that air compressor? Besides the logo?
    Does the air compressor actually have enough power to inflate regular tire while on car, or is only for spare (or bikes and footballs)?

The same guys selling the $35 Oem compressors (h3ll- the one you bought was probably the one they lifted out of your car at auction) and are also selling Brazil's missing tools and jack stand for $25...;0
    They probably ARE his in the first place. Buying your own stolen stuff back??? lol.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by twinsteve View Post
    Does the air compressor actually have enough power to inflate regular tire while on car, or is only for spare (or bikes and footballs)?
    Yes, although it takes a little while longer...i believe their max is 250-300 psi.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by twinsteve View Post
    Have to check the manual, but there was a thread on AZ about the compressor, the jack (a.k.a hand guillotine) and the compressed-folded-weirdo-spare-thingy we have.
    The owner of the AR on AZ pumped up the spare ON THE CAR so it looked like the tread was going to come off the outboard side!

I am still waiting for Pat's response on whether or not to pump on the car or off.
    I am thinking off, due to the catastrophe with the AR...