Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air compressor

According to the manual, you are supposed to mount the tire, THEN inflate it to the correct PSI. The correct PSI is located on the spare tire, and you should never run the compressor longer than 5 minutes.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    According to the manual, you are supposed to mount the tire, THEN inflate it to the correct PSI. The correct PSI is located on the spare tire, and you should never run the compressor longer than 5 minutes.
    I am more wondering if I can use it to "top off" my regular tires...easier than schlepping to gas station...

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Have to check the manual, but there was a thread on AZ about the compressor, the jack (a.k.a hand guillotine) and the compressed-folded-weirdo-spare-thingy we have.
    The owner of the AR on AZ pumped up the spare ON THE CAR so it looked like the tread was going to come off the outboard side!

I am still waiting for Pat's response on whether or not to pump on the car or off.
    I am thinking off, due to the catastrophe with the AR...
    It doesn't matter whether you inflate the tire on the car or on the ground, when the space saver decides it want's to inflate to the side, it's going to. The proper way to deal with the space saver is to throw it in the garden shed, enjoy your 50lb. weight reduction, and call a flat bed when you get a flat.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by twinsteve View Post
    I am more wondering if I can use it to "top off" my regular tires...easier than schlepping to gas station...
    Yes, you can. But you should only inflate for 30sec at a time, then check and repeat.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Yes it has enough power to inflate a regular tire while on the car. Just a couple of weeks ago i checked my tire pressure a a couple of tires needed a few more psi and it worked just fine. Come to think of it i have used it on more than one occasion and it never had any problems.