Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportec lower air vent mod

Quote Originally Posted by AudiRS4ever View Post
    Well, I've still got it. Didn't realize that it would cost $500+ to ship the damn thing. Guess I'll keep it as a backup. Thanks again Mark for understanding.
    Who did you go through? I remember it being pretty cheap when i had my radiator support for my S4 sent DHL freight...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

UPS and FedEx both were outrageous.

UPS and FedEx both were outrageous.
    so you ordered a new one, so then ask the stealership to ship it for you as they get better rates and then you also have the box it came in...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I have run about the same mixture. Pat and I were talking about this a few weeks ago. If the Aces is a catalyst then is it only good for one tank? In other words...lets say you fill the tank and add 3oz of Aces. What if you run down to 1/2 and then fill up again. What happens if you dont have the Aces with you? Is there a residual left over to condition the 1/2 tank you added? (we didnt think so) Along those lines, what if you ran down to 1/2 then filled up and added 1.5oz of Aces? Does the Aces only condition the new 1/2 tank? Is this the best procedure (half tank refill) or should you run it down to 1/8th then fill with gas and 2.5oz Aces.

Good question for Brian at BND.

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Dhall1, how much AcesIV are you using per tank? I've been using it for over a year now and not sure if I've found the sweet spot. I am getting better mileage per tank but I know the ratio of AcesIV will vary depending on how low my tank is before I fill up next time. I usually try to run it down to 1/4~1/8 of a tank. I usually added 2.5~3 oz per tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    so you ordered a new one, so then ask the stealership to ship it for you as they get better rates and then you also have the box it came in...
    Already tried that. Long story, so I'll make it short. When Audi, or any auto company ships a part like that, it comes special courier. The dealership does not pay for the shipping. When I asked the dealership to send mine they were fine doing it until we called with me right there and asked how much. Because it is so large in diameter, both UPS and FedEx said it has to go by their special courier for big freight. Also, it did not come in a box. It looked like it had been on a car for about 2 years. They showed me some other ones and I'll be damned, they all look like that. Thanks for the advise though.

You know you could have got rid of it locally
    E60 M5, killed, 2002 Viper killed, what is next!?

Once I posted it would be for sale I took the first buyer. Then I found out what shipping would cost. Anyway, may hang on to it as a back-up. May not. This has been way more trouble than it was worth. I was just trying to make $50.00 Oh well.........

Dooooont woooooorrrrrry about the gaping hole in the cover. Its keeping the motor and metal components cooler under the hooooooood.

Oh wise swammy

Once I posted it would be for sale I took the first buyer. Then I found out what shipping would cost. Anyway, may hang on to it as a back-up. May not. This has been way more trouble than it was worth. I was just trying to make $50.00 Oh well.........

If you decide not to keep it Chris I'm still interested and may be back in CSprings next month for a night. I'll still pay the full price as that is a great deal for a spare as you mentioned. But I still expect that beer
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

If you decide not to keep it Chris I'm still interested and may be back in CSprings next month for a night. I'll still pay the full price as that is a great deal for a spare as you mentioned. But I still expect that beer
    if your in the springs lets get a rs6 group together for a cruise! The evo's and sti's need a lesson. I try on my own, but I need wing men!
    E60 M5, killed, 2002 Viper killed, what is next!?

Just a thought, but I don't think they are going to allow you to bring that thing on board as a carry-on. It's a little big to store in the overhead's. The beers are definitely going to be flowing. Just let me know.

My repaired swiss cheese looking splash guard. I used the white aluminum sheets that's used to wrap windows on the outside since I had a whole roll left over.

I installed mine. I have to admit, the belt IS exposed. I installed a mesh screen as well, but still concern for water/snow entering.

Doing mine today. Also doing the black optics. Started a couple days ago, and its turning out really well. Doing the side mirror housings today, along with the vent. After today, all i will have left to do is the trim around the windows. Oh, and I dont know if i mentioned it, but I got the MTM TCU done at Hoppen on monday. Lovin it.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

And a big ol' bump for those that might need this...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Thanks big bad Ben!
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

anyone know if this has been done to a B5 RS4? Was thinking of doing the mod on mine. Order a new plate and modding it in the same way with the mesh and alu profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaala View Post
    anyone know if this has been done to a B5 RS4? Was thinking of doing the mod on mine. Order a new plate and modding it in the same way with the mesh and alu profiles.
    Do it!!!!!