Thread: Apr rs4 b7 compressor 520 ps

APR uses original hood.It would be very interesting to see a comparison test between them.

Quote Originally Posted by KK265 View Post
    APR uses original hood.It would be very interesting to see a comparison test between them.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by KK265 View Post
    So does mine:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2643.8X6.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	9867   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2665.8X6.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	9868  

Quote Originally Posted by Al Pettee View Post
    So does mine:
    The APR one also doesn't cost over $50k

So does mine:
    hat
    What temperature of oil do you see?Any performance figures?

So does mine:
    Hey, more info on this maybe?

The car is my DD winter beater and where I'm from, that's six months out of the year since my summer cars-a 911 (993) Turbo and 911 (996) TSCab, both tuned to 650-700HP-stay garaged all winter off the salt.

I had MTM Canada (Horchaus-owned by Francois Beaumont-an excellent point man and worth a call to or e-mail to for anyone in North America, USA or Canada, who wants MTM products for their Audi's) coordinate the purchase and installation-I drove the car up to Montreal where Audi Lauzon in Montreal did the conversion-very professional, as well, BTW.

I have never seen oil temps. past 230 F/110 C, even in hot summer driving, albeit I don't track the car, but it has a Laminova cylindrical air/water IC and the Lyshom Opcon Twin Screw SC is efficient enough that the engine stays cool.

And the sound the SC makes with MTM's 3" downpipes and sport exhaust is intoxicating. I even drive it periodically in the summer just to hear the SC scream and the exhaust rumble.

It's advertised to run 0-62mph/100kph in < 3.9s and 0-124mph/200kph in 11.3 with a 1/4 around 12s. I can leisurely run it 0-100mph/160kph without dropping the clutch under 8s-see my You Tube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUhX4Exu6N8

The car is my DD winter beater and where I'm from, that's six months out of the year since my summer cars-a 911 (993) Turbo and 911 (996) TSCab, both tuned to 650-700HP-stay garaged all winter off the salt.

I had MTM Canada (Horchaus-owned by Francois Beaumont-an excellent point man and worth a call to or e-mail to for anyone in North America, USA or Canada, who wants MTM products for their Audi's) coordinate the purchase and installation-I drove the car up to Montreal where Audi Lauzon in Montreal did the conversion-very professional, as well, BTW.

I have never seen oil temps. past 230 F/110 C, even in hot summer driving, albeit I don't track the car, but it has a Laminova cylindrical air/water IC and the Lyshom Opcon Twin Screw SC is efficient enough that the engine stays cool.

And the sound the SC makes with MTM's 3" downpipes and sport exhaust is intoxicating. I even drive it periodically in the summer just to hear the SC scream and the exhaust rumble.

It's advertised to run 0-62mph/100kph in < 3.9s and 0-124mph/200kph in 11.3 with a 1/4 around 12s. I can leisurely run it 0-100mph/160kph without dropping the clutch under 8s-see my You Tube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUhX4Exu6N8
    I've hit over 230 F doing drag racing in 60 degree weather.