Thread: Audi RS5 - Geneva Salon 2010

The red car on the Geneva stand looks great. The squared off wheel arches are quite subtle - maybe they stand out more in a different colour or when you actually see the car in the flesh.

To me the things that grabbed my attention most are
    1) The front grill - bit too in-your-face for me
    2) It looks like the active rear spoiler is actually built into the boot lid - how do they do that without the boot lid weighing a ton? Can you open the boot lid with the spoiler deployed?
    3) It's good to see they've reduced the size of the frankly ridiculous sized door mirrors on the standard A/S4/5 - is this the new look right across the range?

Marv

Just back from Geneva.

The car is really nice. Looks better than the photos can show. Even the rims are not so awful.

There's a minor problem i can't explain with the lower part of the rear. With the standart configuration and the sport exhaust (black), i hope to solve the thing.

Remains that ugly wheel steering....TOO BIG for the car. And the paddles too short. I can't understand why having put this. And at Geneva, they said it's not scheduled to be changed.

I agree with you for the back. the geneva RS5 has the silver exterior pack and for is not nice. with bottom rear bumper part in exterior car color it will be very nice.
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

I'd imagine the silver trim would look nicer paired with other exterior colors, like maybe phantom black or sepang blue. I'm not a big fan of the color combo chosen for the show car (a conclusion reached without having seen it in person, mind you). The red does not seem to do the car justice in pictures.

Also something disappinting is the weight of the car 100 kgs more than rs4 v8 (1725 vs 1625) i can t understand why though ! Quattro is suposed to be lighter ! S5 is about on par or less weight than s4 v8 ! Or is audi telling real weight this time ! Real weight or rs4 v8 was around 1720 kgs ! What i am afraid is real weight of rs5 to be 1820 kgs !
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

There is no need for 3 threads about this topic.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail