Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi Le Mans quattro

It has got a V10 biturbo .... perhaps this engine will come in the new RS6 ???

mjrr

Close...but no cigar

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

The car looks incredible but does anyone know which cars are they gonna produce and which won't(RSR,Nuvolary and this one)?

Make all of them:byeM5: Bmw

reports say that the pikes peak, Nuvolari, and The le mans Qattro will all go into production thanks to platform sharing and the space frame technology. These models will be the start of a high end sports cars to battle the benz and bmw etc.,......very good news...

reports say that the pikes peak, Nuvolari, and The le mans Qattro will all go into production
    Let's hope so. I also hope they'll be importing the LeMans Quattro to the states.

It seems to me that the LeMans Quattro takes the place of the RSR. Didn't the RSR start out spec'd at 600 hp before Audi wussed out and droped it to 400? I figured they didn't want to compete with Lamborghini. But this LeMans Quattro seems to rub it right in Lamborghini's face ...

Finnus

2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Originally posted by gnomik007
    The car looks incredible but does anyone know which cars are they gonna produce and which won't(RSR,Nuvolary and this one)?

Make all of them:byeM5: Bmw
    This IS the REAL RSR (all those other pics were computer generated). The car looks awesome. Not too out there but definately not conservative. Great job Audi

Ben

autoweek says the price will be around 80-120k $
    is that impressive or what?

Originally posted by Ra5a
    is that impressive or what?
    I'd bet on the $120K range.

This IS the REAL RSR (all those other pics were computer generated). The car looks awesome. Not too out there but definately not conservative. Great job Audi
    Ben,

I agree 100%!!!

I'd bet on the $120K range.
    I hope you're right, but I think those amounts are low. I don't think Audi (or VAG) would build a $120,000 600 hp LeMans Quattro to compete with a $180,000 500 hp baby Lambo not to mention the higher end Porsches (such as the Carerra GT - isn't it around $300,000). Remember when the RS6 was going to cost in the $60-70,000 range?

I would expect more in the $150,000+ range...

I hope I'm wrong, this is my next dream machine!

Finnus

Last edited by Finnus; September 13th, 2003 at 12:59.
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Originally posted by Finnus
    I hope you're right, but I think those amounts are low. I don't think Audi (or VAG) would build a $120,000 600 hp LeMans Quattro to compete with a $180,000 500 hp baby Lambo not to mention the higher end Porsches (such as the Carerra GT - isn't it around $300,000). Remember when the RS6 was going to cost in the $60-70,000 range?

I would expect more in the $150,000+ range...

I hope I'm wrong, this is my next dream machine!
    Sorry boys, but i think Finnus has a good point. I too remember all too well the awesome RS 6 for "only" $60K stories and look what happened. It would be wishfull thinking to expect a penny less than $120K. Finnus, your guess of $150K will probably be pretty dang close.

Ben (But even at $150K the car would ROCK!!!)

Originally posted by Benman
    Sorry boys, but i think Finnus has a good point. I too remember all too well the awesome RS 6 for "only" $60K stories and look what happened. It would be wishfull thinking to expect a penny less than $120K. Finnus, your guess of $150K will probably be pretty dang close.

Ben (But even at $150K the car would ROCK!!!)
    considering that the slr is about 450 or so..
    proof that mb is overcharging for the slr..
    it's an impressive car but simply too expensive.
    alltough i think there will get to the sales target, brand recognition..

anyways i don't think it will be more expensive than the lambo.
    lambo still has the exclusive thing going on.

let's just hope it hits the roads for <150k
    and i will have enough money to buy it when it's available

It would be wishfull thinking to expect a penny less than $120K. (But even at $150K the car would ROCK!!!)
    Ben,

I think when you consider all of the new composite materials (carbon fiber/plastics), the development of the space frame, the first mid-engine production Audi, the new lights & body design, God knows what other new technology and engineering is required, the market/peer group this monster will be running in, and the fact that the production numbers would be relatively low (fewer units to spread costs over), and I think the $150,000 is a good target number ...

Yeah, I agree, even at $150, the car would ROCK!:MTM: Start saving your pennies, boys.

Does anyone know if this car has the DSG double clutch in the new TT, or is it some other new/racing technology?

Audi has really smacked benz and bmw in the face on this one.
    !:MTM: :byeM5:

Halleluyah! Say, "Amen". By the way, the 3.7 second 0-60 on the L-Q is better than the 3.8/3.9 published for the new M-B McLaren SLR, hopefully at about one-third the cost! The hp is about the same on the two (610 vs 612), although I'm sure the L-Q V10 will be tunable - probably a "natural" for 800 hp (remember the Audi engineer's quote that the 4.2L TT is a natural for 600?)!!! LOL ... and, I think the L-Q looks 1000 times (at least) better than the McLaren. IMHO I never like those retro car designs (the McLaren is loosely patterned after the 1950s M-Bs).

Finnus

Last edited by Finnus; September 14th, 2003 at 12:13.
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

The car is a beauty,and a very powerful one too.Audi is definately going forward with the new trio.I want all three of them.What do u think will be the price for Pikes peak and Nuvolari in Europe?

Audi kiks ass

I recently read that Audi does plan on building it, but when? I'm wondering if it will be in limited quantities and if they will be pre-sold like the RS6. I also read that they will range somewhere between $80k & $120k - seems affordadable, especially when comparing to other like cars. I can't seem to find the post and haven't had time to search - I think it was on AW. Love this car! Got to have one!

P.S. Great pictures!

Audi has taken a lot of grief on the RS6 pricing and appears to have far more unsold cars than they planned on, indicating overpricing. In case AoA reads these boards to gauge potential demand let's make sure they get the correct message. "Yes we will buy it, but keep it around $100K".

Originally posted by GmbHouse
    In case AoA reads these boards to gauge potential demand let's make sure they get the correct message. "Yes we will buy it, but keep it around $100K".
    Mr. Winterkorn if you read this I'm willing to test drive it for free. I also welcome a special price for myself
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail