Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PORSCHE 918 SPYDER concept

PORSCHE 918 SPYDER concept

A most surprising debut. Porsche releases a completely new supercar.

Here is the short pressrelease:

Porsche presents Super-Sports Car in Geneva

Genf. Michael Macht, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, presented the Porsche 918 Spyder concept car at its world debut this evening in Geneva. This mid-engined two-seater combines the performance of a super-sports car with the CO2 emissions of a small compact, an innovative plug-in hybrid concept reducing emissions to just 70 grams CO2 per kilometre and fuel consumption to 3.0 litres/100 kilometres (94 mpg imp). Within this concept Porsche combines a V8 power unit delivering more than 500 hp and three electric motors with overall output of 160 kW.

In its design and interior architecture, the Porsche 918 Spyder combines classic elements with appropriate solutions for the future. Starting on Tuesday, March 2nd, at 8:15 am (CET), the Porsche 918 Spyder will also be presented at the Porsche Stand in Hall 6 of the Palexpo Building during the Geneva Motor Show.

http://ericrokeberg.blogspot.com/201...18-spyder.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P10_0242_a5..jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	9493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S10_0231_a5..jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	9494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S10_0232_a5..jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	9495  

I think that new 918 is not very good design at all.

Spyker had a sex with CGT while using some Talidomid= new 918...

Interior? Mclaren MP4-12C + CGT + Ferrari inspired steering wheel...

It is IMHO the worst Porsche design in last 20 years.

i think that looks hot hot hot
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

OMG, I hope this is just a concept. They don't plan to put this in production? I must agree with Kreso, this looks like someone created a kit car in a shed...

This looks suspiciously like another incarnation of the VW BlueSport platform recently seen on the Audi e-Tron / R4 concept. It may be a little over the top, but since Porsche has not been at the cutting edge of high-end sports car design for some time, this is very interesting. I think it is no more than a concept, but within it lies some important future signatures that will make their way to production cars. I feel sure that Porsche will indeed introduce a new entry-level sports cars that totally re-invents the brand. There is talk of flat-4s and flat-8s to complement existing flat-6s.

I don't dislike this car at all. It truly excites me. I love Porsche's engineering excellence and quality. There is a real thoroughness to their cars. But I could never buy a 911 - the engine is in entirely the wrong place for a purist like me. Mounted amidships, however, and with DSG and a serious amount of power and we could see the first proper new Porsche since the original 911 first appeared. The bottom line is that Porsche should be making cars like this, not the Panamera and Cayenne.

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    i think that looks hot hot hot
    I'd have to agree. Clean it up just a little and good to go. Not seeing why it is so bad... agree to disagree...
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

That is about the strangest thing I have ever seen from Porsche, including the Panamera.

Last minute job?
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I think if you PShop some ordinary rims on that concept it might look way better....

few more details from AMS:

Ringtime lower than 7:30
    0-100 km/h 3.2s
    V-Max 320 km/h
    carbonfiber monocoque chassis
    total weight 1490kg
    electric range 25km

stunning numbers, I think

A view you gonna like:

Vorsprung durch Technik

Give it some better wheels and remove those side-exhausts, then it might look acceptable...

1-minute PS makes things alot better IMO

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    O

Vorsprung durch Technik

I think its quite beautiful, not sure why people dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    Give it some better wheels and remove those side-exhausts, then it might look acceptable...

1-minute PS makes things alot better IMO

G.,

Much better!

I like it better with the side pipes as long as it's both sides
    I heard that the engine and hybrid techniques are going to be used in 2011 lemans
    Maarten :)

CARS.

Golf III cabriolet (mom's)

Passat 2.0 TFSI highline Bussines (Dad's)

Ford company car sorry no longer working at VAG ;)

this thing is bada$$. esp. with those pshop wheels. i can almost forgive it for being 2 pedalled.

porsche will build it. regardless of engine. with a gas engine it could make 600 hp easily. maybe the new enzo replacement competitor.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

This may have a thumping great V8, but it looks suspiciously like another version of the VW BlueSport. The basic proportions are very similar. If this is a preview of an entry level Porsche with a flat-4, count me in. In a word: fantastic. Just look at the layout: the engine is mounted firmly amidships and at the back - just where it should be. Finally, a Porsche for the 21st Century instead of the agricultural 911.

This car makes me feel very cheerful about Porsche under VW ownership. I suspect that the boys in Weissach were re-inforced by Wolfsburg's best engineers. Indeed, my only reservation is the styling. It is quite edgy and exciting, but seems to be trying too hard. It has gone out of its way to look like a race car. But then perhaps that is exactly what the production version is intended to be.

There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    This may have a thumping great V8, but it looks suspiciously like another version of the VW BlueSport. The basic proportions are very similar. If this is a preview of an entry level Porsche with a flat-4, count me in. In a word: fantastic. Just look at the layout: the engine is mounted firmly amidships and at the back - just where it should be. Finally, a Porsche for the 21st Century instead of the agricultural 911.

This car makes me feel very cheerful about Porsche under VW ownership. I suspect that the boys in Weissach were re-inforced by Wolfsburg's best engineers. Indeed, my only reservation is the styling. It is quite edgy and exciting, but seems to be trying too hard. It has gone out of its way to look like a race car. But then perhaps that is exactly what the production version is intended to be.
    It's Carerra GT V10 based.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

I think this is cool, very cool. Will be interesting to see where it goes from here..