Thread: RS 6 test drive report - and thanks!

Talking RS 6 test drive report - and thanks!

Follow this link for my impressions of your beasts!

http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/292796.phtml

Thanks again, Mr. Owner! Happy driving!

ZCD2.7T,

Great write up and I couldn't agree more. The car is extreamly addictive and everytime I drive it I enjoy it even more.

Very nice of "Mr Owner" let you take the car out for a spin and thank you for writing the review. I know there has been a lot of gripes about the price and believe me I know it is not cheap. However, once you drive the car it becomes very easy to justify.

I hope you get more opportunities to drive the RS6 in the future and may one grace you garage one day (soon hopefuly).

Bauer

03 RS6
    01 S8
    92 S4

ZCD2.7T,

Great write up, thanks. I too hope you get to have your own one day. It is a fantastic car and well worth the money.

Andy

Great write up, thanks.

Mr. Owner must a hell of a nice guy. I don't let anybody drive my S6, even less so an RS6
    [img]http://www.audioimports.com/slogos3c.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://www.audioimports.com/cars/Audi.htm]Andre's Audi Pages[/url]
    [url=http://www.audiclubsa.org.za]Audi Club of South Africa[/url]

Talking

Originally posted by avdh
    Great write up, thanks.

Mr. Owner must a hell of a nice guy. I don't let anybody drive my S6, even less so an RS6
    "Mr. Owner" is indeed a hell of a nice guy. I didn't know him from Adam, but, not being shy, and knowing he was in my area, I congratulated him on his purchase when he hinted about it, and then asked how I might bribe him for a test-RIDE! (I wouldn't have asked him to DRIVE it, mind you, but he offered, and I couldn't very well disappoint him, now could I?

So, he took time out of his day to meet me about halfway between his house and mine, and even let me bring along my 2-year old daughter, when it turned out that I would be responsible for her that day. Mr. Owner has kids of his own, and has 2 Recaro child seats in the back seat, one of which served perfectly to hold little Gabrielle in place as we blitzed the on- and off-ramps! (I guess it's better to have SOME Recaros in the car, even if they're not for the front-seat passengers! )

Calling Mr. Owner gracious and accommodating would be quite an understatement, but I guess perhaps it's part of being an Audi-enthusiast!

Now I just have to find a way to deal with my feelings of lust towards the RS 6, since they've been intensified by having driven it! :roll:

Andre - Thanks to you also for your various posts here and on AW - it's been a pleasure reading about your adventures with your Audis. I know you'll have BIG FUN with your RS when it arrives.

Originally posted by ZCD2.7T
    Now I just have to find a way to deal with my feelings of lust towards the RS 6, since they've been intensified by having driven it!
    That's easy. Just do what I did - I exchanged my 2.7T (plus a little bit of cash!) for the RS6. I don't regret it!
    03 RS6 Avant - Daytona Grey, Silver Leather/Alcantara :)

Originally posted by peterb
    That's easy. Just do what I did - I exchanged my 2.7T (plus a little bit of cash!) for the RS6. I don't regret it!
    Great idea! - care to loan me that "little bit of cash"?

Oh, would that I could buy one, but alas, it's not in the cards for me, not now, at least.....:vsad:

Originally posted by ZCD2.7T
    Great idea! - care to loan me that "little bit of cash"?

Oh, would that I could buy one, but alas, it's not in the cards for me, not now, at least.....:vsad:
    Sorry! Yes, I realise that those of us who have been able to afford an RS6 are, indeed, very fortunate.

Having said that, the 2.7T is not a bad car and, had it not been for the RS6, I would still have been happy keep mine.
    03 RS6 Avant - Daytona Grey, Silver Leather/Alcantara :)