Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news: The Audi RS5 brochure!

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
    That's just an hypothesis. But all RS4 average power is about 380HP after 30.000km. If anything would have been done to improve that, we could have expected around 410 on the RS5.

Just hope having 430HP on the dyno, with all suggested by KresoF1 and Qisha.

Roughly the power i had on my RS4 after remap. For information, my friend who has the dyno had two GT-R last week. 525 and 528 HP.
    I think that betwee 20 and 40 hp can be improved only with the new air admission on RS5. and with the new variable camshafts timing another 30hp is totally possible. so getting to 450hp in reality is possible in my view
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Hope you're right !

And 20HP more with a remap ? Becomes interesting !

20 would be litle in my view 23 to 25hp more realistic ans 10 to 15 with full exhaust and sport cats... so +40hp at end of story
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

This time, if a sport exhaust is available by Audi, i will only change the cats.

So you expect 490HP on yours ? time will tell...

if the OEM power is 450 then yes its possible.
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

RS4 engine's show as low as 380 hp on dyno's, in that case the RS5 can show ± 410.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Ritchy and me are talking about dynos that calcute the loss in the transmion thorugh the deceleration pahse by inertia and not a calcuated loss by adding a certain percentage so its pretty precise. just to clarify. same as dynos from MTM for exemple. on MTM dynos the RS4 V8 also have thtose numbers.... but I can't imagin again RS5 will have 30-40hp less.... we talked about this in this thread, they have worked on fixing the problem
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

whatever the horsepower is, without dual injection (direct and manifold), CB will be a problem on this car just as with the RS4 (and other DI cars)

Audi should follow Lexus' lead with dual injection like in the IS-F...it's the way to fix this monster once and for all!

Quote Originally Posted by wankeldude View Post
    whatever the horsepower is, without dual injection (direct and manifold), CB will be a problem on this car just as with the RS4 (and other DI cars)

Audi should follow Lexus' lead with dual injection like in the IS-F...it's the way to fix this monster once and for all!
    Agreed! ...any calls to Erik on this post?

These are legit concerns based on past facts, it's not trolling and not slamming, it's discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by wankeldude View Post

Lexus IS-F?

Are you 100% for sure that Yamaha designed enigine in IS-F is DFI?

I've found Lexus marketing information discribing dual injection as a combination of direct and port injection, but the actual technical explanation by Nissan discibes it as a low cost alternative to direct injection, with two injectors in the port close to the intake valve, injecting fuel "almost" directly in the cilinder.

While similar in theory to “direct-injection” systems, which also inject fuel directly into cylinders, such direct injection systems are difficult to use on small-displacement engines because they require a high-pressure pump that complicates system design, making component layout less cost-efficient. In contrast, the Nissan Dual Injector system is lighter and structurally simpler because it furnishes fuel at normal pressures, reducing cost by about 60% compared to direct-injection engines of similar displacement.
    The new Dual Injector system also uses half the amount of rare metals in the catalyzer while maintaining the efficiency of the catalytic conversion system. That number could potentially be reduced to 75% in combination with the ultralow-rare-metal catalysts that were introduced in 2008.

First it's turbos, now it's an injection technology that doesn't seem to exsist. I don't remember all these silly demands being made when BMW introduced their naturally aspired direct injection V8. What's going on? Did Audi make you a promise? Have you given them money?

And if you don't like Audi, b/c this car is 100% Audi, and all you care about is getting a car that is fastest on a circuit comparison with professional drivers, than what the hell are you doing on this site? Do you post on apple forums complaining that it's not a orange? You should be buying Catherhams and motorcycles.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohn View Post
    I've found Lexus marketing information discribing dual injection as a combination of direct and port injection, but the actual technical explanation by Nissan discibes it as a low cost alternative to direct injection, with two injectors in the port close to the intake valve, injecting fuel "almost" directly in the cilinder.

First it's turbos, now it's an injection technology that doesn't seem to exsist. I don't remember all these silly demands being made when BMW introduced their naturally aspired direct injection V8. What's going on? Did Audi make you a promise? Have you given them money?

And if you don't like Audi, b/c this car is 100% Audi, and all you care about is getting a car that is fastest on a circuit comparison with professional drivers, than what the hell are you doing on this site? Do you post on apple forums complaining that it's not a orange? You should be buying Catherhams and motorcycles.
    Thanks for the explanation PeterJohn. I fully agree with you.

As always, I only speak for myself: my interest is in the RS5 and any potential issues that may relate to that car. You know, people who consider committing real money tend to be interested in what they will get and alas manufacturers do not always get it right - witness all the recalls (yes, also for M3 DCT). What on earth is the relevance of Lexus or Nissan fuel injection solutions in this context - or BMW for that matter? Whatever they have or not have solved something or anything is wholly irrelevant for the RS5. Is that car fixed or not? I certainly hope so.

I dont know if its news for any of you guys, but some info has been put on Audi.dk - the danish audi site.

I will do my best to translate, however this is not easy hence all the technical terms.

First of all they say that the IV8 engine is closely connected to the new V10 found in the R8 V10 (if this is just markering, i dont know?).

About the intake they say (i cannot guarantee its a correct translation!): "An extensive refinement of the double inlet and exhaust system allows the engine to breathe freely, and four adjustable camshafts and tumble-damper/valves in the intake manifold optimizes the fuel mix".

They say it has a recuperation system which recovers energy during deceleration and braking.

The strengthened S-tronic transmission will feature a launch control program.

the centerdifferential has a crown wheel differential - Dont know what that is?

Sport differential on the rear axel is an optional extra. 280km/h top speed is also an optional extra.

M
    Audi - Vorsprung Durch Technik

Quote Originally Posted by MPT View Post
    I dont know if its news for any of you guys, but some info has been put on Audi.dk - the danish audi site.

I will do my best to translate, however this is not easy hence all the technical terms.

First of all they say that the IV8 engine is closely connected to the new V10 found in the R8 V10 (if this is just markering, i dont know?).

About the intake they say (i cannot guarantee its a correct translation!): "An extensive refinement of the double inlet and exhaust system allows the engine to breathe freely, and four adjustable camshafts and tumble-damper/valves in the intake manifold optimizes the fuel mix".

They say it has a recuperation system which recovers energy during deceleration and braking.

The strengthened S-tronic transmission will feature a launch control program.

the centerdifferential has a crown wheel differential - Dont know what that is?

Sport differential on the rear axel is an optional extra. 280km/h top speed is also an optional extra.

M
    thanx but we already know all of that from the press release...

Still reading RS6.com daily but little time to interact... By the way nice web site upgrate Eric well done !

Lots of stuff already been said about this RS5 despite official press launch by Audi. This remembers me the launch of the RS4 B7 and as some of you (especially the frenchies) I have been waiting this RS5 for too long and am ready to potentially order it at the Gva show through my local Audi dealer.

Now lets be clear : in my opinion this new RS package looks great. I am even quite happy to see (again) the 4.2 V8 as it has been an amaizing piece of engine (sound and high rev) I enjoyed very much my former RS4 B7. Having said I always kept a bitter feeling about real power output and real chrono perfs from RS4 B7. Thus I will probably wait for some more info and road/track tests before to close the deal as I don't want to go for "the same type of machine".

For shure I love Audi and I have been missing the brand for now 2 years (hesitating to go for TT RS but I need more flexible package for the family) this is why as many of you I hope the RS5 will concretely deliver what we all hope and expect from this car : tremendous handling, real power output (we know the awd issue at dyno...) and advanced new technologies to get the RS5 the new segment reference. On the look side I find it absolutely amaising not doubt but stil hoping for the rest.

Will probably be at Gva motor show Tue 9th or Wed 10th.

Price in Switzerland starts at CHF 118'400 which is approx. CHF 4-5k more than RS4 B7 if I remember well (larger list of extras will help pushing up the final price)

Ciao

Fab

Hi Fab !

So the final price is already available in Switzerland ? Do you have any informations about the list of extras ? do they mention something about the wheel steering ? Can't wait until the 2nd to know...

Salut Ritchy !

I don't have any additional infos but I suspect the list of extras to be nicely furbished... And like you I hope soooo much the RS steering wheel is part it....

Enjoy it on the 2nd ! Since I will by traveling for business I have to wait the 9th soonest ggrrrrrrrr.

I am like a mad man looking for any additional info on that car !!!!