Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bored today, what's your opinion of clear corners?

bored today, what's your opinion of clear corners?

I have some spare time today, what's your guys opinion of clear corners on the headlamps? I like the look, but the problem is the fact that it's irreversible.
    Here's a link to Gooseleg's car, which has it done already.
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....=clear+corners
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I think it looks good on the darker colors. To me i do not care enough to bother as the yellow doesn't bug me.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

In my opinion, it technically looks better, but I just don't think it's a change worth investing in. It's unlikely anyone else would notice, so you'd have to do it for yourself...but yes it looks better

Quote Originally Posted by rks838 View Post
    In my opinion, it technically looks better, but I just don't think it's a change worth investing in. It's unlikely anyone else would notice, so you'd have to do it for yourself...but yes it looks better
    The only investment for me would be a half case of beer and an excuse to spend the afternoon in the garage. I like the look too, I'm just worried about maybe getting bored with it. There's no turning back at that point. Oh well, maybe I'll just leave it alone for now.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Just do the left one.

Problem solved, and it will only take one six pack of beer.

I think I've decided.......drink the 12 pack, and leave the headlights be.

I like them. Never had the time to do it though. If you end up doing it please do a write up.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiRS4ever View Post
    I like them. Never had the time to do it though. If you end up doing it please do a write up.
    There is one here: A6 Clear Corner Mod for Dummies

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext44.shtml

goosleg posted the link here (Post #30): http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....corners&page=2

They do look sharp but I am not sure this is something I would want to do.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Thanks for the links. I'll have to take the time now.

Pat,

Did you do this yet?

I think I'd rather try to put in parking lights and offload the "parking light" function from the combo-light (parking + turning). and rewire the combo-light into pure turning light.

but I'm lazy, so I shall sit on that thought and procrastenate.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Pat,

Did you do this yet?
    Never got around to it. I drank the 12 pack, but failed to make a decision on the park lamps.

I say keep drinkin and thinkin. It is always the genesis of great thoughts and videos that become viral.
    210K miles rolled

One down.......

Pat -- You must have really like the look on the RS600 today to move so fast on that when you got home. I got a "before" picture of the same headlight on your car while we were waiting if you want to go back.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Can you post a pic when your dun want to see it finished.

Hmm, I don't know about that, the car is filthy.

Charlie's not a big fan of amber markers either.