Thread: R15 Plus

Nice, wonder what mayor changes the car has now. As for the video....they still can't top this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfS32l92MFs

Quote Originally Posted by andreadebi View Post
    Great video, but I think that's the original R15 - there aren't any movie clips of the 'Plus' yet - just a few shots of a black test car.
    2003 Audi S4 saloon (gone but not forgotten...)
    1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi quattro Sport saloon

Quote Originally Posted by Mockenrue View Post
    Great video, but I think that's the original R15 - there aren't any movie clips of the 'Plus' yet - just a few shots of a black test car.
    The black car that was testing at Sebring was an interim model being used. The new driver squad was there getting familiar with the R15

Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    Nice, wonder what mayor changes the car has now. As for the video....they still can't top this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfS32l92MFs
    Agreed. The R15 up to this point hasn't accomplished much either compared to the R10. Hoping this year changes that.

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    Agreed. The R15 up to this point hasn't accomplished much either compared to the R10. Hoping this year changes that.
    I disagree. The R15 won at Sebring with only limited testing in the cold/wet prior .The car proved it could kepp pace with the Pugs with the smaller/less powerful engine.

At Le Mans, the test days were cancelled for all teams, and Audi showed up with some revisions and hust never had the car set up right. I don't think car was fast enough to win, but they still pulled out a podium finish.

At Petit, the R15 lead for all but 5 laps before the race was called off. A lot of that was with help from the rain but Audi seemed pretty happy with the additional data logged during the race.

Technically speaking this is the best car Audi Sport has built, and their lack of not racing/learning about the car is why it was not dominant in its first year. They seemed to have learned their lesson now-

Not running full ALMS/LMS schedules certainly doesn't help, but still the R15 was never quick enough. It didn't have the same reliability. The R8/R10 standards are so high that the season that Audi had last year is very disappointing. And I do not like the way that Audi is starting this year. They should be running at Sebring in few weeks, and not testing after the race.

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    Not running full ALMS/LMS schedules certainly doesn't help, but still the R15 was never quick enough. It didn't have the same reliability. The R8/R10 standards are so high that the season that Audi had last year is very disappointing. And I do not like the way that Audi is starting this year. They should be running at Sebring in few weeks, and not testing after the race.
    Audi stated that the R15"plus" would not be ready to full ACO spec by Sebring. There was talk of them running an interim R15 model instead, but Peugeot would have to agree to that-and they said NO. I'm really disappointed that they aren't going to be there and Audi is too. I've been looking forward to going to Sebring for months...

Cool R15+ Revealed

Audi have just released pictures of the revised R15+ TDI LMP1 car:

The nose vent has gone revealing the raw crash structures:

New wing sections on either side of the nose:

Side pods heavily revised:

Source article: Mulsanne's Corner News, March/April 2010
    2003 Audi S4 saloon (gone but not forgotten...)
    1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi quattro Sport saloon