Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This could be very bad...

Originally posted by JJV-MA
    Since the battery takes up trunk space, it creates a "vacuum" where air should normally exist.

what do you mean takes up trunk space?

like a piece of luggage in the car would take up space?

dont most mercedes have the batteries in the trunk?

oh and did i tell you guys about my problem with the mass air flow sensor on this board or was that audiworld.........sorry but it's early on saturday morning.

Final Update on dead RS6

The Audi Techs have not pinpointed the final source of the problem, but they suspect that one of the motor mount sensors are at fault (what the hell does a motor mount sensor do?) as they are one of the systems affected by the short, which only seems to happen after a right hand turn.

Unfortunately, discovering the ultimate source of the problem may entail a lengthy teardown of the car, so Audi USA and my dealer have provided me with a new car, to arrive Monday

The new beast is Datona Grey/Silver and has the black tip exhaust like mine, but in addition it has Carbon Fiber (I can take it or leave it) and Nav system. I will not be charged for the additional stuff. The car is apparently coming from a dealer in Ohio, so if anyone knows why this car is available, please let me know.

I'd like to stress that both the dealer and Audi USA have acted with alactricty and concern in resolving this problem. I think this could bode well for those of us who may encounter future problems.

Finally, I have asked that I be informed of the final problem aand resolution so I can pass it on to the folks on this board.

Patrick

Patrick,

I am very happy to hear that your dealer and AoA are stepping up to the plate. I geuss they dont wnat to lose any premium car buyers....which is smart on their part. Keep us posted and I hope the new car does you right.

CA Kid ....I dont believe you did mention anything on this board...but I have heard and I have had on an old 91 200 20v problems with mass air flow sensor as well. Not a major problem if thats all it is.

Bauer

03 RS6
    01 S8
    92 S4

thecakid,

Originally posted by thcakid

what do you mean takes up trunk space?

like a piece of luggage in the car would take up space?

dont most mercedes have the batteries in the trunk?

I was just joking about the protruding battery in the trunk causing the problem.

The battery does however take up a good chunk that would otherwise be usable space. The battery in my 540 was also in the rear, but not taking up space in the trunk. I've never seen the trunk of a Benz, so that I'm not sure. The RS6 is my "garbage car" (my town does not have trash collection) so I lose about a kitchen trash bag's worth of space where the battery is. Now some trash sometimes makes it into the cabin. Pee-yew! especially after it sits around in a hot garage for a week.
    '01.5 Stg3 S4 (Dahlback Racing software)
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

'03 RS 6 (Avus/Silver/NAV/Rear Side Airbags) --gone but not forgotten

Thank Heavens!

The RS6 is my "garbage car"
    My RS is also MY garbage car; have a long driveway and every week the refuse is driven in style to the end of the drive in the RS ;-) Now I don't feel so alone and ashamed! Thank you JJV-MA

(Now I will meekly retreat for the onslaught of "You stupid *&^%, put what in your RS 6.")

Wow- Where do you guys live that there is no trash service?? I've never heard of that...I'm a city boy i guess
    ----
    Jordan Conley
    03 RS6
    01 TT Roadster
    95 A6Q 2.8
    [IMG]http://www.rs6.com/gfx/racing/001a.jpg[/IMG]

Hey city boy

Originally posted by jconley
    Wow- Where do you guys live that there is no trash service?? I've never heard of that...I'm a city boy i guess
    I have refuse service, just a LONG driveway and I'm still just 35 mins. from the Loop; but that may be solely attributable to my RS 6 driving habits

Originally posted by jconley
    I never heard of it either until I moved here. I live just 20 miles north of Boston, can you believe it? It's not like I live in the sticks. I think all the surrounding towns have trash service. When I first moved to this town 3 years ago, the local cable company didn't even have the Food Network available. What did we have instead? The Great American Country Music channel! It really is unbelievable, especially as we have million dollar homes popping up everywhere and Boston Bruins players moving in all the time.
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

Re: thecakid,

I was just joking about the protruding battery in the trunk causing the problem.
    ...and you did it with such a straight face

RS6 "trash car" wholy smokes....how about we all chip in a $100.00 and you guys can go get a $1000.00 old pick up truck to slove that problem.

Bauer

03 RS6
    01 S8
    92 S4"trash car?"

Originally posted by Bauer
    RS6 "trash car" wholy smokes....how about we all chip in a $100.00 and you guys can go get a $1000.00 old pick up truck to slove that problem.
    I've entertained the thought of buying a $1000 'beater' for trash runs, but then I thought: "What would I rather be driving to the dump?" When I think of that way, I feel blessed to have the ULTIMATE trash car! Funny thing is that I got more "weird" looks when I was taking the 540i there; now no one looks twice. I LOVE THIS CAR.
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

Buy a Kawasaki Mule. I too have a long driveway and use the Mule to take down the trash, plow snow, haul "stuff" and both my kids learned to drive on it.