Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Coverage Claim Denied

Platinum Coverage Claim Denied

Well I found out today that my claim for water in the Headlight and Tierods is being denied. Page 2 line 3 Service Contract Coverage is what they are using for the Denial. I don't understand how they can say that my trans was not a wear and tear issue but my tierods are, but that is what they are saying. I was given this contract at 62K miles, now they say any wear and tear item over 50K is not covered. They claim that the water in the headlight is not covered because its called Water Incursion, I have not read that yet as it pertains to headlights, but I did find Water Ingestion as it refers to the Engine Page 5 Line 18, but that's why denied that claim. I also read the Arbitration section Page 6 Arbitration which explains how I should go about disputing a claim, but before I do all that I am taking my contract to my lawyer who has won a lot of law suits for me and get his advise. I still like to hear from the forum though. Public Opinion is always welcome.

sounds like "someone" is tightening the belt on claims...

Sounds like a load of crap to me...
    They shouldn't offer warranties if 50k miles is the "magic" number.
    They took your $$$$ and don't want to cover claims?!?!?

Sounds like a "precedent" lawsuit to me...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    sounds like "someone" is tightening the belt on claims...

Sounds like a load of crap to me...
    They shouldn't offer warranties if 50k miles is the "magic" number.
    They took your $$$$ and don't want to cover claims?!?!?

Sounds like a "precedent" lawsuit to me...
    More importantly, don't issue a warranty on a 60k+ mile car if 50k miles is the number!!! Peckerheads...

Willie,

Your 8k ahead on the plan already.

Call it good. I would not argue the headlights at all. Tie rods...mmm, thats is a tough one. Is it worth the effort to dispute just the tie rods?

Remember, your 8k ahead already. Do you want them to flag your car for future repairs? I would not.

I know that Fidelity does not cover the c/v boots...which is the same reason why the tie rods are not covered? donno.

02c

This is why I passed on the Audi PP plan and went for Total Shield instead.
    They cover everythying bumper to bumper (except the usual brakes etc) and pay full labor costs as well. Sorry to hear..

Tie rods are going to be tuff....

Hmmm- are you sure a rock didn't fly up from a truck (dang- it struck both headlights (magic bullet theory-aka JFK), and pierce the tie rods for an insurance claim. You didn't hear it from me as time "in the hole" for insurance fraud may not be worth it..
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Willie,
    Do you want them to flag your car for future repairs? I would not.
    Can they really do that? How/what/why?
    (I honestly never heard of that, but it doesn't surprise me at all. I'm just trying to avoid this landmine. Sounds like something I don't want, either.)

I dunno, tie rods on a 7 year old 450 hp car are a wear item in my book. And honestly, I don't think you should own an aging supercar unless you have a fat wallet and are handy enough to do something like dry out a misted headlight housing and gasket it with silicone.

I don't want to be a dick, but It kind of makes me cringe when you guys post things like "I have droplets in my headlight. Good thing my $3k warranty that I've already got $8k out of will cover the $2k dealer repair that I could do in my garage for free."

Do you really think that they don't track your claims and flag you. That's how acturial businesses work... No, they won't admit it, or leave evidence of it, or be remotely threatened by your lawyer. They have in-house legal staff, they will just outlast you.

Interesting note, just today my fidelity platinum 6/60 went live on the 34k mile car I just bought. Got the inspection done (passed easily, it's a perfect Cali car, the thing is like new) and the guy who sells warranties told me good thing I bought it in 09, as the same warranty had tripled in price to 15k (!) for 2010. Not sure if I believe that, the kid is a bit of a flake. But could the actuaries at fidelity have figured out the true cost of the beast?

I'm saving my claims for big stuff... Not vehicular hang nails.

- skribe (formerly droogie5)

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    I dunno, tie rods on a 7 year old 450 hp car are a wear item in my book. And honestly, I don't think you should own an aging supercar unless you have a fat wallet and are handy enough to do something like dry out a misted headlight housing and gasket it with silicone.

I don't want to be a dick, but It kind of makes me cringe when you guys post things like "I have droplets in my headlight. Good thing my $3k warranty that I've already got $8k out of will cover the $2k dealer repair that I could do in my garage for free."

Do you really think that they don't track your claims and flag you. That's how acturial businesses work... No, they won't admit it, or leave evidence of it, or be remotely threatened by your lawyer. They have in-house legal staff, they will just outlast you.

Interesting note, just today my fidelity platinum 6/60 went live on the 34k mile car I just bought. Got the inspection done (passed easily, it's a perfect Cali car, the thing is like new) and the guy who sells warranties told me good thing I bought it in 09, as the same warranty had tripled in price to 15k (!) for 2010. Not sure if I believe that, the kid is a bit of a flake. But could the actuaries at fidelity have figured out the true cost of the beast?

Hmm, your making friends now. What's with the second user account?
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

The point of the whole exercise is don't offer what you wont really honor. I have already found the issue with the headlight. If you don't challenge the Status-Quo you will never know if you can really trust what they say. The issue is FWS wrote a contract on the car knowing it had 60K miles on it and the headlights are a covered item. The tie-rods are covered items, so honor what you claim you will honor or don't warranty cars over 60K. It seems to me to be a case of fraud to write a contract for a car that had 60K miles when you did not intend to cover anything wear-and-tear after 50K. I get your point, but I have to make mine. I'm not concerned about red flags, black flags or any other flags, but at the same time I am not naive enough to start a war over $370. That still doesn't change the fact that I want to know what my legal rights are.

Willie,

Your 8k ahead on the plan already.

Call it good. I would not argue the headlights at all. Tie rods...mmm, thats is a tough one. Is it worth the effort to dispute just the tie rods?

Remember, your 8k ahead already. Do you want them to flag your car for future repairs? I would not.

I know that Fidelity does not cover the c/v boots...which is the same reason why the tie rods are not covered? donno.

02c
    The tie-rods are covered under the Gold plan, but my car exceeds 50K miles, just like it did when I purchased the warranty. I'm not fuming or anything its only $370 after all to get the tie-rods done. Its not worth a real fight, but it is worth a legal inquiry.

I highly doubt 15k, so like you suggest that salesperson is a flake. Ive been talking to Pete and Chandler and he hasnt mentioned anything of the price increase, especially not 50that big of an increase. Worse case scenario other warranties are options. Glad I know a family member in sales that can get other warranties at cost. fideliy has had a good rep so im not sure what to do now...this makes things a little more difficult

Quote Originally Posted by eurotunedrs6 View Post
    I highly doubt 15k, so like you suggest that salesperson is a flake. Ive been talking to Pete and Chandler and he hasnt mentioned anything of the price increase, especially not 50that big of an increase. Worse case scenario other warranties are options. Glad I know a family member in sales that can get other warranties at cost. fideliy has had a good rep so im not sure what to do now...this makes things a little more difficult
    My warranty is through Zurich. I've never had any problems with them, in fact quite the opposite. In the last year they have paid to replace my torque converter, primary O2 sensors, secondary O2 sensors, hvac blower motor, evap canister purge valve, after run coolant pump, drivers door latch assy. and probably a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head. They've actually been a pleasure to deal with.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

See how making an issue of things can get folks to reconsider what/ who they will use to warranty there car. It also stimulates talk of who others are using and what experience they have had using them. Its OK to challenge the Status-Quo.

Covered as defect in workmanship vs. wear is different... Truth is, Fidelity can wiggle around their contract as much as they want and it's really tough to fight it. The writing of it is geared more toward defect in workmanship for sure.

The difference with Audi/Fidelilty is that Audi USA put their name on it and sold it through their dealerships, so it's held to a slightly higher standard. The dealers will get PISSED if Fidelity hassles their customers too much about an Audi branded product they sold at their dealerships... That's as good a check as the invisible hand of commerce can give you. Those guys have so much influence over corporate, I work in the industry, I see it all the time.

I bought my warranty mostly because it helps me enjoy my car, in the sense that I can stick my foot in it every day without worrying that I'll be the one guy out of 860 who burns a timing belt or throws a rod and collapses a hand-built $20,000 Cosworth engine and has to hit the college fund to repair his peculiar automotive obsession.

I still think the Audi brand on the Fidelity product trumps the Carchex and Whateverthefuck warranties out there, but I also think there's no such thing as a free lunch...

But anyway, God I love my

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    See how making an issue of things can get folks to reconsider what/ who they will use to warranty there car. It also stimulates talk of who others are using and what experience they have had using them. Its OK to challenge the Status-Quo.
    For sure, dude. You have the right to try to max out your warranty as best you can... Just offering up my un-asked-for opinon!

So after 50k they will not cover the tie rods?

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    The tie-rods are covered under the Gold plan, but my car exceeds 50K miles, just like it did when I purchased the warranty. I'm not fuming or anything its only $370 after all to get the tie-rods done. Its not worth a real fight, but it is worth a legal inquiry.

So after 50k they will not cover the tie rods?
    That was there reason for denying the claim. I'm just confused though the car had 71K when they replaced the trans for mechanical failure, but the tie rods are not covered because although its a mechanical failure, the car has more than 50K miles so its not covered. The thing that really baffles me is when I signed the contract the car had 62K miles on it, so did you make a fraudulent contract or are you blowing smoke up my ass right now because you had to replace the trans? If you gone bend me over at least use some grease.
    Last edited by GEN XER; January 20th, 2010 at 06:18.