Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Platinum Coverage Claim Denied

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Yes you are and I agree 100% with the prev pricing structure. That is why I beat the drum so loud in 09. Now the party is over. Those that have it....are good.

Routine repairs? How about 700 dollar complete 35k service?
    Are you talking your DIY t-belt job? I was referring to $tealership prices, which is what the Fidelity actuary is going to use, hence the huge jump in price of warranty this year.

Agree with your philosophy on DIY, FWIW. If you take the time to educate yourself and have any mechanical aptitude, you will do a better job on your own stuff because you CARE. And it feels damn good.

Last summer I got lazy and had the dealer do the t-belt and waterpump on my 1.8t VW. It was down on power and missed on WOT after I got it back. Took the cover off and discovered that they had used the wrong part, a belt that was 3mm longer, so the timing was retarded by one tooth.

...And thanks for beating the warranty drum. I listened. I owe you eight grand.

Got it and yes the large claims have added to the bottom line for sure. I guess I have some fault there....I pressured some 10-20 owners here to buy the Fidelity. Best hedge for the money on the market. My car is paid for and fully hedged for 5 more years.

Agree on the DIY. Its been my philosophy all thru the years. If you want it done right...do it yourself. The RS6 and E55 make that difficult with the high cost of some components thus the hedge. But nothing can stop me from learning the major service and maint points. Nothing.

You can send that 8g's and I will add it to our beer fund. We just saved 6g's last weekend. Now we are talking party money.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Are you talking your DIY t-belt job? I was referring to $tealership prices, which is what the Fidelity actuary is going to use, hence the huge jump in price of warranty this year.

Agree with your philosophy on DIY, FWIW. If you take the time to educate yourself and have any mechanical aptitude, you will do a better job on your own stuff because you CARE. And it feels damn good.

Last summer I got lazy and had the dealer do the t-belt and waterpump on my 1.8t VW. It was down on power and missed on WOT after I got it back. Took the cover off and discovered that they had used the wrong part, a belt that was 3mm longer, so the timing was retarded by one tooth.

...And thanks for beating the warranty drum. I listened. I owe you eight grand.

Quote Originally Posted by eurotunedrs6 View Post
    I highly doubt 15k, so like you suggest that salesperson is a flake. Ive been talking to Pete and Chandler and he hasnt mentioned anything of the price increase, especially not 50that big of an increase. Worse case scenario other warranties are options. Glad I know a family member in sales that can get other warranties at cost. fideliy has had a good rep so im not sure what to do now...this makes things a little more difficult

It is true, the warrnaty has close to tripled. I got these "discounted" (~40%)quotes a couple of weeks ago but found aanother option:
    2 years or 24,000 miles $ 4101.00 12 x 313.00 $ 100 deductible
    >>
    2 years or 24,000 miles $ 3691.00 12 x 281.00 $ 250 deductible
    >>
    3 years or 36,000 miles $ 5110.00 18 x 260.00 $ 100 deductible
    >>
    3 years or 36,000 miles $ 4610.00 18 x 232.00 $ 250 deductible
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

i just got a RS6 quote on Total Shield.
    Posting email results shortly.

The word is out about the loss rates on the RS6, hence the JUMP in pricing...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Willie,

I dont see where the tie rod ends are stated to be covered at all.

We may be sounding the fire alarm too early.

I see the 50k but until we have a denial on a transmission or TC....I think its fine.
    I have gotten over it, but the Platinum Coverage has an exclusion list and the tie-rods are not on it. I have a pamphlet that came with my warranty and it lists all the covered items from power-train plan to the Platinum plan. The first item listed in the Gold Plan are Tie-rods. In the bigger picture its no big deal but, if you are not going to cover it then list it in the exclusions.

I agree on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    I have gotten over it, but the Platinum Coverage has an exclusion list and the tie-rods are not on it. I have a pamphlet that came with my warranty and it lists all the covered items from power-train plan to the Platinum plan. The first item listed in the Gold Plan are Tie-rods. In the bigger picture its no big deal but, if you are not going to cover it then list it in the exclusions.