Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Coverage Claim Denied

Yeah, I can see your pain. If the contracts states tie rods and you purchased at 62k where the tie rods were no longer covered....why didnt they tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    That was there reason for denying the claim. I'm just confused though the car had 71K when they replaced the trans for mechanical failure, but the tie rods are not covered because although its a mechanical failure, the car has more than 50K miles so its not covered. The thing that really baffles me is when I signed the contract the car had 62K miles on it, so did you make a fraudulent contract or are you blowing smoke up my ass right now because you had to replace the trans? If you done bend me over at least use some grease.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Yeah, I can see your pain. If the contracts states tie rods and you purchased at 62k where the tie rods were no longer covered....why didnt they tell you.
    I say again "If you gone bend me over at least use some grease."

How is any Mech failure covered after 50K if that is the case? I have a lot of concerns, so i asked my lawyer to review the contract and translate the mumbo jumbo.

BTW while I was on the phone with FWS the guy on the other end says "we didn't deny your $8K trans replacement." I guess I'm suppose to be grateful for that and not ask for anything else. I mean who am I to expect more after they have shown me such a courteous gesture. Shutting my mouth and sitting in the corner!!!
    Last edited by GEN XER; January 20th, 2010 at 06:23.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    My warranty is through Zurich. I've never had any problems with them, in fact quite the opposite. In the last year they have paid to replace my torque converter, primary O2 sensors, secondary O2 sensors, hvac blower motor, evap canister purge valve, after run coolant pump, drivers door latch assy. and probably a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head. They've actually been a pleasure to deal with.
    This warranty something I can just find online, or do you have a specific contact? Thanks! Im gonna see what otehr options are out there before I make the final purchase on a warranty. The hard part is figuring out who is easy to deal with and also who is hassle free....for the most part

[quote=GEN XER;180498]I say again "If you gone bend me over at least use some grease." quote]

When and if you renew your warranty (which isn't likely with the 50k mile thing), make sure you specify, in the contract, the "grease" you would like to be used.

[quote=ttboost;180524]
    Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    I say again "If you gone bend me over at least use some grease." quote]

When and if you renew your warranty (which isn't likely with the 50k mile thing), make sure you specify, in the contract, the "grease" you would like to be used.
    I most certainly will.

In the end it came down to whether I'm willing to take $370 into arbitration. Who is going to do that. They don't have the right to deny the claim, but they know you wont go into arbitration for such a small amount. I'm on to something bigger I hope not to spend 6K on this Turbo Upgrade.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20253

Quote Originally Posted by eurotunedrs6 View Post
    I highly doubt 15k, so like you suggest that salesperson is a flake. Ive been talking to Pete and Chandler and he hasnt mentioned anything of the price increase, especially not 50that big of an increase. Worse case scenario other warranties are options. Glad I know a family member in sales that can get other warranties at cost. fideliy has had a good rep so im not sure what to do now...this makes things a little more difficult

$15k-ish is oh so true! I was just at the dealer this week and I asked for the price list since my CPO is expiring. I was just going to start a new post to ask what you guys bought and suggestions.

What exactly were you quoted?

Quote Originally Posted by arS6 View Post
    $15k-ish is oh so true! I was just at the dealer this week and I asked for the price list since my CPO is expiring. I was just going to start a new post to ask what you guys bought and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1 View Post
    what exactly were you quoted?
    platinum
    6/72 $14,486
    6/60 $11,828
    5/60 $10,146
    4/60 $9,274
    4/48 $7,916
    3/36 $5,818
    2/24 $4,132
    1/12 $2,792

gold plus
    6/72 $13,124
    6/60 $10,732
    5/60 $9,218
    4/60 $8,432
    4/48 $7,210
    3/36 $5,322
    2/24 $3,804
    1/12 $2,528

Holy crap!

I guess the claims have caught up with the beast.

I paid 3200 for my 6/72

Funny thing I will never get there with the mileage. I have 31k and counting.

Ouch, ouch on those prices

Damn, Holmes!

I just paid $4300 for my $50 deduct (zero actually.. the selling dealership waives it) pure platinum. About 4 months ago.

Saved me selling the car...

and since there's this 50k "wear" fine print... and my car has 46k... i guess i'm due to run her in and see if they find anything before i hit 50k..

There is no reason to have anything more than the power-train warranty in my opinion. Fidelity is only going to deny any other claim as a wear and tear item issue, not covered under the so called Gold, Gold Plus and the OMG Platinum coverages. I mean if you are selling warranties that are suppose to cover everything with only a few exceptions, then you don't cover it, that's fraud. I mean they know you wont challenge it in arbitration so it would seem that unless your tranny or engine goes then they just sit back and deny, deny, deny. I could have saved $3000 and just bought the power-train warranty. I would prefer Astro Glide over grease please.

How do you sell a warranty on a car with 62K miles, then claim that the car has more than 50K miles so wear and tear items are not covered. Wasn't the Tranny, Motor Mount Solenoid and the Engine Gas Temp sensor all wear and tear items? Well I guess once Fidelity pays more in replacement parts than you paid for the Warranty, you are done.
    Last edited by GEN XER; January 29th, 2010 at 06:01.

Willie,

You sound like me when I start beating that horse.

I hear what your saying but we are already "all in". I think the Fidelity will pay off for other items. Be happy you got the big stuff covered and get those intercoolers changed in a few months. Yours are really leaking...hint, hint.

I may dig out my Fidelity contract to sniff around for this 50k fine print.

Willie,

You sound like me when I start beating that horse.

I hear what your saying but we are already "all in". I think the Fidelity will pay off for other items. Be happy you got the big stuff covered and get those intercoolers changed in a few months. Yours are really leaking...hint, hint.

I may dig out my Fidelity contract to sniff around for this 50k fine print.
    Well I don't think they are going to cover anything else. What part on your car does not wear over time? We'll see what happens if something else that is suppose to be covered goes south. I think the print you are looking for is page 2 near the top.

Wow... so it's real. I inked my 6/60 warranty in the waning days of '09, less than a week before the price tripled... Honestly, the previous pricing structure was a Fidelity mistake if you look at the cost of even routine repairs on this car. It's no cheaper to maintain than a friggin Gallardo.

Yeah, my warranty is no doubt not as great as they sell it to be, but damn, I feel lucky.

Willie,

I dont see where the tie rod ends are stated to be covered at all.

We may be sounding the fire alarm too early.

I see the 50k but until we have a denial on a transmission or TC....I think its fine.

Willie,

I dont see where the tie rod ends are stated to be covered at all.

We may be sounding the fire alarm too early.

I see the 50k but until we have a denial on a transmission or TC....I think its fine.
    I'll say it again, tie rod ends ARE a wear item. Especially on a high performance AWD car.

I wouldn't expect them to be covered, unless one snapped in half because of a bad casting or something.

Yes you are and I agree 100% with the prev pricing structure. That is why I beat the drum so loud in 09. Now the party is over. Those that have it....are good.

Routine repairs? How about 700 dollar complete 35k service?

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Wow... so it's real. I inked my 6/60 warranty in the waning days of '09, less than a week before the price tripled... Honestly, the previous pricing structure was a Fidelity mistake if you look at the cost of even routine repairs on this car. It's no cheaper to maintain than a friggin Gallardo.

Yeah, my warranty is no doubt not as great as they sell it to be, but damn, I feel lucky.