Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So much for the stealth factor....

I'm with jconley. With the exception of Audi guys (and a few enthusiasts) NO one gives my car a second look. I LOVE it!

Ben

Stealth is Good

Like Icon most folks seem to hardly notice mine. However, I live in Lincoln Park and there are lots and lots of Audi's of all flavors. Except of course my RS6. I have seen only one other near me. Driving on Webster St. near Racine.

A S500 driver did make mention of that awesome motor sound on Division near Orleans last week. He was basically drooling!

RE: Chicago get-together (if some shiftless, lazy bastage will organize it... ;-) ):

Ooooh, ooooh, ooooh, can I join you, too?

I mean, I'm just a wanker 2.7T owner, but I AM a serious Audi-freak - I mean, my wife and I BOTH have 2.7Ts! Hers is a 2001, Pearl White/Melange, and mine is MY 2000 Brilliant Black/Melange. I promise, I'll be nice, and I don't eat much, so....

Can I huh, can I huh? Puhleeze????!!!???

Lunch somewhere centrally-located could be fun, some weekend, unless of course someone can deliver on the offer to get CMS for a day....

Anyone truly interested?

I mean, I'm just a wanker 2.7T owner

No audi owner, regardless of what he drives is a wanker because his Audi is not as prestigious as the other
    [img]http://www.audioimports.com/slogos3c.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://www.audioimports.com/cars/Audi.htm]Andre's Audi Pages[/url]
    [url=http://www.audiclubsa.org.za]Audi Club of South Africa[/url]

I have heard the term many times....but what the hell is a wanker? Sorry USA guy who is not educated on the slang terms of the UK or atleast what they mean.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Originally posted by ZCD2.7T
    RE: Chicago get-together (if some shiftless, lazy bastage will organize it
    Well, wanker, get to organizing it then.

Remember, they only let me out of the hospital on weekends, and I promise, I won't forget my meds.

Originally posted by iconcls
    Maybe it's the uber-stealthy Avus Silver color in my case?

As of yet, no one has taken the initiative to organize a Chi. GTG; but now that everybody has seemingly taken delivery....

Personally, I can't organize anything because I am a shiftless, lazy bastage.
    ..seems to me that you may have unwittingly "volunteered" first, sir.....

Another name for a wanker is "An Owner Operator.".....very good at handling his own equipment....lol
    A wanker might tend to be full of it, and not be afraid to display that fact, by making inappropriate comments or gestures.
    foss

Originally posted by Bauer
    I have heard the term many times....but what the hell is a wanker? Sorry USA guy who is not educated on the slang terms of the UK or at least what they mean.

I would say that you are not a wanker in the true sense of the term ZCD2.7T.
    my description of a wanker does not seem to fit you, or the meaning has become a little lost in the past few years
    foss

Originally posted by ZCD2.7T
    RE: Chicago get-together (if some shiftless, lazy bastage will organize it... ;-) ):

Ooooh, ooooh, ooooh, can I join you, too?

I mean, I'm just a wanker 2.7T owner, but I AM a serious Audi-freak - I mean, my wife and I BOTH have 2.7Ts! Hers is a 2001, Pearl White/Melange, and mine is MY 2000 Brilliant Black/Melange. I promise, I'll be nice, and I don't eat much, so....

Can I huh, can I huh? Puhleeze????!!!???

Lunch somewhere centrally-located could be fun, some weekend, unless of course someone can deliver on the offer to get CMS for a day....

Anyone truly interested?

I understand where you're coming from...initially no one really knew what my car was. Someone even asked me "what's a S6R.."

Last week, an S4 owner stopped traffic just to get next to me and give me thumbs up.

Today an EVO8 Driver gave me thumbs up (probably because he was trying so hard and I past him like he was standing there).

But seems to me that Audi owners, M owners, and VW owners recoginze this car in a heartbeat!

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. Awaiting delivery of the RS6... Very glad to see all the others in Chi-town who are already enjoying their new rides. Count me in on the group photo if mine gets here in time.

Daytona Grey, Carbon, Sport Exhaust.

Welcome fellow . Soon you'll be enjoying your Beast as much as the rest of us

Ben

Audi Addict,

Welcome aboard......Let us know when you take delivery of you new RS6.

AvusRS6,

I have had many audi and VW owners recognize the car. Yesterday on my way back from lake tahoe I had a guy in a 96 twin turbo Porsche(who I passed) play catch up to get next to me and give me the thumbs up.....I could also make out him saying "f*@king awsome car". After that I left him behind....I think he was more of a sunday driver type.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Welcome Aboard

Originally posted by Audi Addict
    Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. Awaiting delivery of the RS6... Very glad to see all the others in Chi-town who are already enjoying their new rides. Count me in on the group photo if mine gets here in time.

Daytona Grey, Carbon, Sport Exhaust.

When is your delivery date?

Not exactly sure, but the club RS6 site says that it has left Europe... So I assume it will arrive within the next month.

BTW, anyone have anything good or bad to say about Lojack in Chicago? I have never really considered it previously, but I am a little worried that this ride may be very tempting to others...

BTW, anyone have anything good or bad to say about Lojack in Chicago? I have never really considered it previously, but I am a little worried that this ride may be very tempting to others...
    The built-in OnStar, aka Audi Telematics, has the capability to locate a stolen vehicle like Lojack.

As long as the theif doesn't full that fuse?!?

That thought crossed my mind

As long as the theif doesn't full that fuse?!?
    I thought the same thing, but I suspect most car thieves are not that astute; besides, no one wants an Audi, they're after the Caddy Escalades.

Now in some parts of Europe, I think there were some fairly sophisticated crime rings preying on the RS 4 when they came out; criminals with much better taste