Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: BND Automotive oils, fuel additives, coolant ect

Well, that was the first thing I put into my new car. I am happy to report it has gone up from 1.5 mpg to 1.95 mpg. I'm really thinking if I just put it in neutral going down hill I can achieve the vaunted 2.0 mpg.
    All jokes aside though, first fill-up on the car I put Aces in. I believe in it and am happy with the results from RS6 and 335 so I'm hoping it will work just as good in this car.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Thanks for that writeup. We have the same gas over here in AZ and its almost criminal how well my RS6 runs. Even with the full blown Eurocharge 93+ tune the RS6 is smooth as silk on power delivery and just rockets at a moments notice. Gas mileage, carbon deposit removal, octane and power, lubricity. I can understand how some can scratch their heads and say "no way" but honestly the proof is in the pudding. I run the Aces in the RS6, E55, supercharged LX470 and my old Toyota turbos. Not to mention diesel Aces in the motorhome. I plan to keep all my cars for a very long time.

Guys, when Pat reported that his blowby vanished after using Aces for just over 5k miles. That was it for me. I personally saw the oil run out of his intercooler pipe and said...oh,no. But the next oil change revealed no oil. The carbon deposits were cleaned up and rings started to seal once again. I dont know what else to tell you all.
    Honk if I'm Paying Your Mortgage!

BND oil analysis back...

Attached is the analysis from Blackstone; put in this thread as a bump as there is a post earlier of Quantum Blue oil analysis prior to use, although not the identical oil to that we get for the RS6. Several things to note. Most important, very little iron, suggesting that with ACES IV and 8000 miles on first use of QB oil and filter, there has been minimal wear. Second, the phosphorus content is over 3x that in new oil now available from other producers, along with slightly high zinc. Don't know if this means ZDDP is added to the oil, but this does suggest increased lubricity. The EPA has dropped the phosphorus content in most oils to protect catalytic converters, but at the expense of less protection of the engine. My understanding is that if the oil is not vaporized to any extent, the likelihood of increased phosphorus affecting the cats is minimal. Lack of oil burn suggests that this combo of ACES IV plus Quantum Blue is working as advertised. Now at 109k on my car, and all good. When I return from a trip, hoping to do a dyno run to validate claims of ACES with my APR chip.
    Not sure snake oil or toluene would show the same as this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blackstone analys.pdf  

very nice!!, mr. hall has caught some heat for standing up for BND....I use both on my RS6...I actually sent a virgin sample to blackstone, the analysis resulted same..3x phosphorus, etc...
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Aces IV ordered, talked with Brian, he said I'm not allowed to use factory trans fluid, QB on the next change. Will report the Aces IV next week, already running lean so I'm interested to see what happens...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I spoke to Brian yesterday. He seems like a great guy and very smart from what I can see. I respect him because he is very down to earth and loves his work. You can tell hes not out of a book and he ACTUALLY knows what hes talking about.
    they call me Tank

Some like it hot. Some dont.

I could have just kept my Kia Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    very nice!!, mr. hall has caught some heat for standing up for BND....I use both on my RS6...I actually sent a virgin sample to blackstone, the analysis resulted same..3x phosphorus, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Some like it hot. Some dont.

I could have just kept my Kia Rio.
    Does that really apply to this car?...my wrx was hot, hell my bicycle is hot compared to a Rio...it would be good to see more lab testing to see the real results. Plan on putting the butt dyno to work next week in the meantime...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

lswing,

I was letting my sarcasm get the best of me. I have never owned or will ever own a Kia. Its one of my standing jokes to make a remark about a Kia Rio. ;-) I have just a few out of control hobbies in my life. Cars are just one of them...I'm fine with Aces and BND oils. Some like to look for every ounce of scientific data and I say its not worth the time and effort. What I personally see is good and good enough for me. I would rather chase birdies and rack up the skins on the course.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Does that really apply to this car?...my wrx was hot, hell my bicycle is hot compared to a Rio...it would be good to see more lab testing to see the real results. Plan on putting the butt dyno to work next week in the meantime...

Hey Dave, don't give up on that Kia so easily... http://www.superchargertuning.com/Kia/Rio/ ;-)

De Kia Rio! De Kia Rio!

Boss, they are making superchargers for our Kia's!! Ring the bells

Back to BND...not that I don't like the Kia...

My Power Steering was making some noise after getting hot and turning it more than about half way. A swap with standard fluid did nothing to help the situation. I bought the BND with the catalyst supplied seperately and did a full exchange, then added the catalyst. 5000 miles and not a peep of noise.

Brian is an awesome resource.

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    Hey Dave, don't give up on that Kia so easily... http://www.superchargertuning.com/Kia/Rio/ ;-)
    Painful to read...iq points dripping out of ears...

The Rio is supercharging subcompact car produced by the South Korean automaker the Kia Motors. The supercharger was introduced in the year 2000 August for the 2001 model year. The first Rio was a five door hatchback or a four door sedan. The superchargers hatchback versions were sold as Rio RX-V in Canada, Rio Look in Chile and simply Rio in the United Kingdom. The 2003 to 2005 Rio had a bolt on supercharger engine that blasted 105 horsepower an equivalent of 78 kilo watt the car offered a wide range of manual and automatic five speed and four speeds respectively. An electric supercharger makes the engine produce more instant energy that is vital incase the battery is down due to weather. Get a Super Charger kit today and make sure your car no longer remains behind when people are moving ahead with changes. Improve your torque by purchasing easy to install and maintain after market gargets.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Painful to read...iq points dripping out of ears...

The Rio is supercharging subcompact car produced by the South Korean automaker the Kia Motors. The supercharger was introduced in the year 2000 August for the 2001 model year. The first Rio was a five door hatchback or a four door sedan. The superchargers hatchback versions were sold as Rio RX-V in Canada, Rio Look in Chile and simply Rio in the United Kingdom. The 2003 to 2005 Rio had a bolt on supercharger engine that blasted 105 horsepower an equivalent of 78 kilo watt the car offered a wide range of manual and automatic five speed and four speeds respectively. An electric supercharger makes the engine produce more instant energy that is vital incase the battery is down due to weather. Get a Super Charger kit today and make sure your car no longer remains behind when people are moving ahead with changes. Improve your torque by purchasing easy to install and maintain after market gargets.
    Laughing my A$$ off!!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

^- +1 and some...
    210K miles rolled

OMG - from the same site.....

Buy Audi RS6 Electric Supercharger Bolt-On Kit
    Notorious referred to as RS6 by great Audi enthusiasts, this middle size car meets all the wishes and demands of executive guys in one way. As a product of reputed AG Company, it’s a highly rated car in terms of performance. With the latest wizardry of Audi RS6 supercharger, your car will show the world what it’s capable of. The prices of this RS4 bolt on superchargers are fair and competitive making easy to acquire. Whenever you pedal deeper, more oxygen is gained improving on the internal combustion unlike with the traditional aspirated engines. More horsepower as well as torque is realized which increases the car speed and performance. An RS6 electric supercharger works well on your car engine since its custom made to fit precisely on your car engine. It does not resist supercharging like other unrated superchargers. If you are dying to give your car the energy it requires and the starling performance, then the 110% guarantee RS6 supercharger is right near you.

Do I need one or two???

Simply amazing.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Aces 4 in for a full tank, might smooth things out a bit, tough to tell. The car is damn fast already, so if you think it's faster it probably is. Might be touch, a touch, not sure if it's worth always always adding fluid, but time will tell. The engine is still "bumping" at full boost, but does seem to do it a bit less, again tough to monitor without logging. After many tries to log, the RT and cable cannot hold a connect. Might be a bad ground or solder on the revo chip, dunno, but a pain for sure...

Another report from a BND/Aces user.

Looks just like mine

Papadoc.....

Mine....

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    Attached is the analysis from Blackstone; put in this thread as a bump as there is a post earlier of Quantum Blue oil analysis prior to use, although not the identical oil to that we get for the RS6. Several things to note. Most important, very little iron, suggesting that with ACES IV and 8000 miles on first use of QB oil and filter, there has been minimal wear. Second, the phosphorus content is over 3x that in new oil now available from other producers, along with slightly high zinc. Don't know if this means ZDDP is added to the oil, but this does suggest increased lubricity. The EPA has dropped the phosphorus content in most oils to protect catalytic converters, but at the expense of less protection of the engine. My understanding is that if the oil is not vaporized to any extent, the likelihood of increased phosphorus affecting the cats is minimal. Lack of oil burn suggests that this combo of ACES IV plus Quantum Blue is working as advertised. Now at 109k on my car, and all good. When I return from a trip, hoping to do a dyno run to validate claims of ACES with my APR chip.
    Not sure snake oil or toluene would show the same as this...
    Last edited by DHall1; May 1st, 2014 at 23:45.