Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Audi part numbers for timing belt and pulleys. DIY C5 RS6

Audi part numbers for timing belt and pulleys. DIY C5 RS6

As the title states. Does anyone have a recent invoice from Audi that shows the part numbers for the misc timing belt components.

Belt
    Idler pulleys
    Tensioner
    Crank bolts
    Thermostat

Pat....I dont plan to replace my waterpump. 35k maint does not include this component. I will do all the rollers and tensioners.
    Last edited by DHall1; January 6th, 2010 at 04:12.

Here is what mine shows- was done on 8/5/09

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    As the title states. Does anyone have a recent invoice from Audi that shows the part numbers for the misc timing belt components.

Belt
    Idler pulleys
    Tensioner
    Crank bolts
    Thermostat
    Tooth Belt: 078109119J
    BeltDampe: 077109479D
    Roller: 077109244E
    Roller: 077109244C
    Lever: 077109485F
    Water Pump: 077121004PX
    Cool.Add: G012A8FA4
    Ribbedbel: 077903137Q
    Thermostat: 077121113D
    Seal: N 90136802

They also did the spark plugs & fuel filter

I'd be happy to email you a copy of the invoice with the parts if you would like it. Just let me know.
    210K miles rolled

Max to the rescue!

Yep, need the plugs and ff as well.

Email to dhall.1 @ hotmail.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Tooth Belt: 078109119J
    BeltDampe: 077109479D
    Roller: 077109244E
    Roller: 077109244C
    Lever: 077109485F
    Water Pump: 077121004PX
    Cool.Add: G012A8FA4
    Ribbedbel: 077903137Q
    Thermostat: 077121113D
    Seal: N 90136802

They also did the spark plugs & fuel filter

I'd be happy to email you a copy of the invoice with the parts if you would like it. Just let me know.

It is scanning and will be headed your way in a few.
    210K miles rolled

Wow, +1 for Max, it doesn't get any easier than that.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I like the hijacked

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Wow, +1 for Max, it doesn't get any easier than that.
    tally added to the signature..lol
    210K miles rolled

Yep, you better watch your back or I'll take this one too.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

It is sent

Email to dhall.1 @ hotmail.com

Thanks
    If it gets lost in the Bell system, let me know and I'll tie it to a pigeon for delivery.
    210K miles rolled

Water Pump

Belt
    Idler pulleys
    Tensioner
    Crank bolts
    Thermostat

Pat....I dont plan to replace my waterpump. 35k maint does not include this component. I will do all the rollers and tensioners.
    Hi Dave and Pat,

On my car the dealer says I need the water pump done now -- it is making noise. Too bad it was not done with the timing belt 3,000 miles ago. My 2 cents. I also intend to have them do the thermostat at the same time. I wish I could join you guys for the big party the end of the month. Looking forward to plenty of pics.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

How many miles on your car?

The Fidelity policy covers the waterpump and thermostat. I dont feel like paying for items that the Fidelity plan covers but I will put a thermostat in.

My hope is the water pump fails at 72,000 miles. Fidelity can pay for the 75k timing belt. haha

Quote Originally Posted by JRS-RS6 View Post
    Hi Dave and Pat,

On my car the dealer says I need the water pump done now -- it is making noise. Too bad it was not done with the timing belt 3,000 miles ago. My 2 cents. I also intend to have them do the thermostat at the same time. I wish I could join you guys for the big party the end of the month. Looking forward to plenty of pics.

Lets see if this works.

Here is a link to discount AudiVW parts with the part numbers priced out.

http://www.genuinevwaudiparts.com/pa...14407&items=10

Sorry, wont work. But the site is where you buy discount Audi parts. You need part numbers because the RS6 is not in the database. Happy hunting.

As an example, RS6 front rotors are 280ea.

Interesting Point

How many miles on your car?

The Fidelity policy covers the waterpump and thermostat. I dont feel like paying for items that the Fidelity plan covers but I will put a thermostat in.

My hope is the water pump fails at 72,000 miles. Fidelity can pay for the 75k timing belt. haha
    Hi Dave,

I bought it with 35,400 and now it is like 36,600 or so. Now that I think about it, it was done more like 4K ago at this point.

I understand your logic and it makes sense to me.

However, if it fails in 3 or 4 k you might wish you had done it because it would make no sense to do the timing belt at that point.

I think the extreme cold weather could be part of why mine needs to be done now -- Minnesota Car from first sale. I do keep it in the garage.

Oh by the way I saw in a seperate thread you had a copy of Audi's recommended services through 100K. Would you be so kind as to forward me a copy -- please.

Happy wrenching!
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Bump

As an addition to this thread.

IMHO. DO NOT order the ECS timing belt kit for the RS6. Long story call Pat/V8weight about it.

Order the Audi parts. End of story.

The job is easy if you take time and keep everything organized.

Replace both rollers each and every 35k miles. One of mine was starting to get a dry bearing.

My water pump was perfect at 32k. I will change it at 75k.

Both idler pulleys were perfect on my car at 32k. I will still change them.

Bump

As an addition to this thread.

IMHO. DO NOT order the ECS timing belt kit for the RS6. Long story call Pat/V8weight about it.

Order the Audi parts. End of story.

The job is easy if you take time and keep everything organized.

Replace both rollers each and every 35k miles. One of mine was starting to get a dry bearing.

My water pump was perfect at 32k. I will change it at 75k.

Both idler pulleys were perfect on my car at 32k. I will still change them.
    Just to confirm, the part numbers at the top of the post were exactly what you ordered? Obviously on the genunineaudiparts site the descriptions are all over the place for what model etc they are from/for.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

yes

and get the waterpump.

yes

and get the waterpump.
    Well I have had fun today playing lets make a deal with my preferred service dealer...they are willing to match the part prices of your website (just saved $600 in one try, and also had them back down on labor 10%...so it is really working to drop the gap to just a few hundred with the independent shop.

...follow up question...they are telling me i need 2 rollers of item 077109244C...what do you think about that? Also they are saying to possibly skip the water-pump if it is ok as they have seen problems with the bolt sticking and that being difficult to deal with. They mentioned this to me before too. I have no idea if my water pump was replaced at 35K but i am at 85K now...if it was replaced at 35K thoughts on letting it be...it does save $200 now...please note i do not have any warranty left.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Well I have had fun today playing lets make a deal with my preferred service dealer...they are willing to match the part prices of your website (just saved $600 in one try, and also had them back down on labor 10%...so it is really working to drop the gap to just a few hundred with the independent shop.

...follow up question...they are telling me i need 2 rollers of item 077109244C...what do you think about that? Also they are saying to possibly skip the water-pump if it is ok as they have seen problems with the bolt sticking and that being difficult to deal with. They mentioned this to me before too. I have no idea if my water pump was replaced at 35K but i am at 85K now...if it was replaced at 35K thoughts on letting it be...it does save $200 now...please note i do not have any warranty left.
    The water pump is not replaced during the 35k mile service. In fact the only timing components replaced at 35k are the belt, the bank one roller, and the tensioner lever. No concentric roller, no bank 2 roller, no hydraulic tensioner, not even the accessory drive belt.
    Kyle's water pump at 75k.....bad bearings
    My water pump at 75k.........bad bearings
    Dave's water pump at 30k....still fine.
    I'll agree, the water pump bolts on these cars seize when you attempt to remove them. It is very important to let the car sit overnight before trying to remove the water pump bolts to allow the aluminum block to shrink. If you try to remove them on a warm engine, thermal expansion of the block combined with steel bolts spells trouble. Make sure they have a pump in stock at the very least, because I'm reasonably sure it will require replacement.

Mark,

^^ Everything Pat said plus...

Nice work. Get it done at the dealer. They are making a good effort to make you happy.

How about that for cutting prices. Amazing the markup they have on this stuff.

You WILL need a new waterpump. Make sure the car sits overnight before repairs start.

Yes, 2 rollers.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post