Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HB Motorwerks; Hamptonroads VA

Mine was leaking from the lower seam facing towards the inside of the car. It appeared to be a small hole caused by maybe an impurity in the weld?

Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Ill pass this info along.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Mine was leaking from the lower seam facing towards the inside of the car. It appeared to be a small hole caused by maybe an impurity in the weld?

To anyone with inside knowledge (read: Quisha), any insight as to where the IC's were fabricated? All the failures make me wonder if they were sub-contracted to some former eastern block country with low labor rates, and technology and quality to match.

Mine goes in tomorrow for the Apikol IC installation. I tried looking for a way to log effectiveness, best I could do was ambient and intake temps. I'll compare delta T after they're in to see if it made any difference (or if I was measuring the right data).

Quote Originally Posted by RS6-4dr911 View Post
    To anyone with inside knowledge (read: Quisha), any insight as to where the IC's were fabricated? All the failures make me wonder if they were sub-contracted to some former eastern block country with low labor rates, and technology and quality to match.

Mine goes in tomorrow for the Apikol IC installation. I tried looking for a way to log effectiveness, best I could do was ambient and intake temps. I'll compare delta T after they're in to see if it made any difference (or if I was measuring the right data).
    I don't know the specific company, but they are manufactured in Spain, our model for green industry
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Both of mine appeared to be leaking in about the same place.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

More Pics. I got there to late to get pics of the timing belt change. Coming along nicely.

2000 Degree Ceramic Paint

Cheaper Than Ceramic Coating

Tranny Back on Engine

Motor Mount Solenoid. What Sense Does This Make?

The Old Flex Pipe. How Does This Happen? Never-mind I don't think I Want to Know.

Went On Shinny, Ended up Flat Black. Nice.

Look at How Clean The T-Stat Was after Almost 40K miles. I changed to BND Coolant at 61K.

Water Pump Just as Clean

You get any pics of the engine front during the timing belt change?

And I bet you a chicken dinner that your downpipes dont look like this in 8 years. Post below of my custom downpipe on my Celica GT4. Ceramic coated over 8 years ago. The little 4banger that could. Flow is nice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GT4downpipesmall.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	9054  

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post

And I bet you a chicken dinner that your downpipes dont look like this in 8 years. Post below of my custom downpipe on my Celica GT4. Ceramic coated over 8 years ago. The little 4banger that could. Flow is nice.
    Has it been driven in 8 years?

No, I did not get there before the belt was done. No it wont look like that in one year. LOL. I decided to get the Hotchkis Sway's instead.

You will like the sways.

The ceramic shop would not be able to dip the RS6 downpipes anyways....you would have needed to cut the cats of it. Those pipes will last forever anyway.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    No, I did not get there before the belt was done. No it wont look like that in one year. LOL. I decided to get the Hotchkis Sway's instead.

You know why the motor mounts have solenoids right? They are a two chamber fluid filled mount. At idle or normal driving the fluid stays in the lower chamber and keeps engine vibration to a minimum. When a larger torque load is sensed, the solenoids transfer fluid to the upper chamber and stiffen the mount, reducing driveline slack. It's kind of like DRC for your motor mounts, a hydraulic compromise between firm and soft, also with a high failure rate. Oh, and those pictures of the worn flex joints make me cringe. Have you ever caught your arm on that frayed stainless steel while working underneath a car? ouch!

You will like the sways.

The ceramic shop would not be able to dip the RS6 downpipes anyways....you would have needed to cut the cats of it. Those pipes will last forever anyway.

Enjoy
    That's why I said No. We kept canceling out parts until the only thing left was behind the Cats. LOL. Manifold was ruled out because there is no gasket between it and the Turbo, any extra material there may have caused a leak. Turbo housing, well just way to many things could go wrong by taking them apart. Lastly, the down-pipes. The cats had to come off, waste of time.

You know why the motor mounts have solenoids right? They are a two chamber fluid filled mount. At idle or normal driving the fluid stays in the lower chamber and keeps engine vibration to a minimum. When a larger torque load is sensed, the solenoids transfer fluid to the upper chamber and stiffen the mount, reducing driveline slack. It's kind of like DRC for your motor mounts, a hydraulic compromise between firm and soft, also with a high failure rate. Oh, and those pictures of the worn flex joints make me cringe. Have you ever caught your arm on that frayed stainless steel while working underneath a car? ouch!
    Thanks for the explanation, I just say over engineering at its best. I stayed away from the flex pipe while I was under the car. LOL.

No new Pics today. The drive train is back in the car. Downpipes are back on. IC's passed pressure tests. Ordered my sway bars from Summit Racing. They were on sale for $383 shipped.

Yes and yes it gets driven hard as well.

I even got it out a few times in the Colorado winters. Google maps Brush Creek rd in Eagle, Co. Follow it south to the foot of the NY mountain range...then the road turns up up up and into a fire road with 65 turns.

Can you say my personal version of the Finland WRC rally? Snowpacked fire roads heading up the mountain.

I will post a pic of my mop and glow paint job too. 22 year old factory paint that looks new to this day.

Has it been driven in 8 years?

Yes and yes it gets driven hard as well.

I even got it out a few times in the Colorado winters. Google maps Brush Creek rd in Eagle, Co. Follow it south to the foot of the NY mountain range...then the road turns up up up and into a fire road with 65 turns.

Can you say my personal version of the Finland WRC rally? Snowpacked fire roads heading up the mountain.

I will post a pic of my mop and glow paint job too. 22 year old factory paint that looks new to this day.
    I smell a thread-jack

The car has been buttoned back up. We found that the wires from the secondary had been damaged and both the positive and ground wires were bare. Fire Hazard!! Paul used some heat shrink to fix the wires and put heat shields around them. We are waiting on $2 worth of O-rings to finish the Job. We still need to finish the exhaust, hopefully the sways show up Monday so we can get it all back together and be done.

Sways did not show, but the car is back together. We will test drive it tomorrow and check for leaks and other issues. We only had to use 2gals of trans fluid which says the TC was full. We will check the level again tomorrow to make sure we have the tranny topped off. I hope the sways show up tomorrow. The exhaust went back together with a few changes. They look good. I have pics, I will post later.