Thread: "New" user from Europe with an AVANT!

"New" user from Europe with an AVANT!

Hi Guys

I just rediscovered this board, I registered quite a long time ago.

My name's Greg, I'm from Switzerland and I'm working in the IT-Business.

Driving Audi for quite a time now, I bought a '03 RS6 last January as a replacement for my old S6, this was a '00 V8 with manual gearbox.

My RS6 is standard with no tuning, maybe I'll get a power-update and some new 20" rims, but not sure yet. Im really lucky with the car as it is
    I didn't got any bigger troubles with the car, just had to completely change the brakes and refill the misty DRC...

Best, Greg

Congrats and welcome aboard the crazy train!

Hi Greg and welcome!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Nice looking car. I upgraded to the C5 RS6 from the S6 too. Loved the S6 but the RS is definitely a better car. Welcome.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

nice car greg...;-)
    mfg
    Daniel

RS6plus -- blue pack -- h&r suspension -- 20" rs6 c6 wheels -- fully loaded and wagner cooled !

Congrats Greg,

My route to an RS6 was also via a '00 S6!

Black is the fastest colour .... although in a couple of pics I can't work out if its black or mugello ?!
    C5 RS6 Avant | Ebony Black | Black Leather | Carbon In-lays | Solar Roof | OEM Graphite 19" | Vredesteins 255/35/19 | Privacy | Milltek Non-Res | Black Optics | Stage 1+ | Plus Brakes | Alpine Multi-Media Interface | Navigation | Bluetooth | DVD | iPod Video | 710N

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome!

The S6 was nice but it just missed something, and it turned out that the part missing were definitely the two turbochargers in the front. After I drove a RS6 the first i knew that I need one, then I started searching and found this car from a private vendor after about six months. There's a lot of crap around, it really hurts sometimes the see what people do with these cars...

It's actually mugello blue, I don't know why it's so dark on the pictures.
    But I've attached you a picture where you can see my mugello and a black one.

I have absolutely no idea why the color is so dark on pictures, seems that my photographic skills are very limited
    I really like the combination of the blue exterior with the silver leather in the interior. Had the same in the S6, even with some nice alcantara-leather, and I wanted something similar.

Looks great and it looks more mugello than black so must be my eyes :P

Where in Switzerland are you?

Is there much of a C5 RS6 scene over there?
    C5 RS6 Avant | Ebony Black | Black Leather | Carbon In-lays | Solar Roof | OEM Graphite 19" | Vredesteins 255/35/19 | Privacy | Milltek Non-Res | Black Optics | Stage 1+ | Plus Brakes | Alpine Multi-Media Interface | Navigation | Bluetooth | DVD | iPod Video | 710N

I'm living some of the time near Berne, the capital city od Switzerland, and the rest of time I'm currently in St. Gall, a small city (70'000 citizens) at the very eastern end of the country.

We really have a lot of RS6 here, from time to time you see one on the street. Also if you check out the online carselling websites - we have one where most of the cars for sale are listed - currently there are 95 RS6 for sale.
    The great thing is that you don't really get noticed if you don't want to and the car is never misplaced, it's practical nobody thinks of it like if it was a Porsche. Great for business use with different clients!

I honeymoon'd in Switzerland! Lovely country and had a great time.

Stayed in Zurich but travelled around a fair bit. Pilatus, Titles, Black Forrest, Lucerne, Luasanne and some others that I can't remember.

Hope to go back sometime soon but would prefer a chalet location in the mountains - any suggestions for a 2nd honeymoon?

Congratulations - great purchase.

The C5 RS6 Avant is such a classy looking car, still today

And you got yourself some nice passes around - sure plan on traveling some of them.

Servus from Austria
    seb.
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Golffather, yep Switzerland really has some beautiful places.
    You might enjoy Davos, St. Moritz, Gstaad or Zermatt. Some really nice villages all the year. Wengen is nice too, but no cars allowed there
    St. Moritz has some great roads around. Top Gear once drove them with an Aston, a Ferrari and a Porsche, but I don't remember in which episode this video was boradcasted.

roadrunner, you're in rs-quattro.de too aren't you?
    About the passes - they're here but I ain't got no time yet to try them out with the RS6. Maybe next summer... I hope so!

Hi again grambler. I have traveled for business many times to Trubbach and Balzers, FL hoping to return soon (Q1 '10 for at least one week). Usually I go south of the lakes Zurichsee and Walensee on the A3 through Sargans to the A13; however, I did it once Via the A1 up through St. Gallen. I also drove south on the A13 through Chur and over the pass in San Bernardino through Tuchino connecting to the A2 jost north of Bellinzona and across Italia to Venice just coming up on two years ago. Too bad it was in an Avis Rental Ford Focus -- I would have really loved driving my RS over there!
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Hi JRS
    Trubbach and Balzers, sounds like OC Oerlikon?
    The trip to italy sounds nice too, I really want to do something like this next year. Southern Switzerland and northern Italy are some really nice places.

Hello and welcome aboard!

Car looks superb.