Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Un-drilled but anybody ever look at these Euro Phaeton floating two piece rotors?

Un-drilled but anybody ever look at these Euro Phaeton floating two piece rotors?

2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Wow that's reasonable, my MB 2 piece floating drilled rotors were 700 per side !
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

I saw these on their website a couple of years ago (bought the Euro Aspherical mirrors from them) but forgot about them until I skimmed their website again today. They appear to be the type that use replacebale rings? Any Euro users know about these?
    Roy, WA

id be interested to know if the JHM rings would fit on these...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

The description gives nothing on dimensions or weight or benefit or replacement rotor ring...
    Mark, are you going to get information on these?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Guys,

I have looked at this swap before. The rotors ar 365x34 or an exact swap for ours. They are lighter due to the hat being aluminum. They are available for WAY less that $795. You can get them for Less than 300 british pounds, or 340 Euro last time I check (about 6 months ago). I could never find just the discs. But at 425 a set, they are pretty tough to go wrong...so why didnt I pull the trigger? Asthetics only. I like the RS logo and the drilled holes in the US rotor. If I had to buy again now, I would go the Phaeton way, and them have them slotted. DUH.

So if you are looking, or needing a brake change, this is a great way to go. VW part number is 3D0615301N.

Stephen

Stephen, I thought our hats were aluminum...?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

You are right, they are, but they are either a rough casting, or coated, or something. They are not like the floating rotor hat. Which is almost like a CNC'd or stamped ice cream sandwich. Don't know how best to describe the difference.

Stephen

Nope, you got it. Ours are cast, and those are cnc'd. Stronger and lighter.

I do like the price of these but as Stephen alluded to I like the asthetics of our drilled rotors. It would be nice if we could get them slotted at least. Our design can't be too bad though as it is the same on the R8 and it is the same (design & manufacture) on the new Porsche GT3 Cup car.
    Roy, WA

As said, buy these and have them slotted. PERFECT! drilled is so 5 minutes ago...

But they are non-directionally vented.. maybe not as great for cooling, but for street its probably fine.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    As said, buy these and have them slotted. PERFECT! drilled is so 5 minutes ago...

But they are non-directionally vented.. maybe not as great for cooling, but for street its probably fine.
    Hence the Phaeton brake backing plate and cooling ducts...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

True.. your're a wise one. Black anodized machined hats look a LOT nicer than the cast! I should have had the JHM hats anodized..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    True.. your're a wise one. Black anodized machined hats look a LOT nicer than the cast! I should have had the JHM hats anodized..
    It's not too late Chris....

Hi

Has anyone tested these Phaeton W12 discs 3D0615301N on RS6 C5?

For I found this text now when I searched for them on Google.

I have decided that I am not happy with the way the Phaeton Discs need to be adapted to fit the RS6 Plus (a straight swop as many forums suggest is simply not the case) This means that my freshly grooved Phaeton discs are for sale. Happy to let them go at what they cost me trade, plus the cost price of having them grooved. Would prefer them to go as a set. Part numbers are 3D0615301N fronts & 4E0615601L rears. Message me for price, if no takers i'll eBay the buggers.

Here he writes also:
    http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php...=discs+grooved
    Last edited by RS8; February 8th, 2015 at 14:39.
    RS6/S8 engine, 6spd tdi 01E, EFR7163 turbos, custom built exhaust manifolds, S8 camshafts, MaxxEcu Pro, wagners ic's, bigger fuel rails, AN8 fuel line, 2xwalbro 450lph fuel pump
    and EV14 1500cc fuel injectors in my S8/RS8

Was going to point out that my info says the VW discs are 360x34 and RS6 365x34. Wouldn't want the pads hanging off the rotor edge......
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Nope, you got it. Ours are cast, and those are cnc'd. Stronger and lighter.
    CNC machining looks great but pust more emphasis on engineering and testing to rule out stress risers that lead to failure. Me thinks the OEM units use a cast hat to embed the carrier spokes from the rotor rings.....or something clever like this.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

I run the undrilled Phaeton rotors on the front of my winter beast.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down