Thread: Alternator replacement

Hybrid View

Concerning pn 0031546506​... Huco or Bosch brand? Does it really matter, as I understand it Huco is an OEM manufacturer as well... No one has the Bosch brand vr in my area but everybody has the Huco brand.

Anyone used the Huco brand before- thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RSoverAll View Post
    Concerning pn 0031546506​... Huco or Bosch brand? Does it really matter, as I understand it Huco is an OEM manufacturer as well... No one has the Bosch brand vr in my area but everybody has the Huco brand.

Anyone used the Huco brand before- thoughts?
    Finding the same thing. My euro wholesale supplers carry HUCO. Made in India, which puts me on edge. But the 'Bufkin' pipe is being replace and plant to spend a lot of time at high RPM's in two weeks.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Finding the same thing. My euro wholesale supplers carry HUCO. Made in India, which puts me on edge. But the 'Bufkin' pipe is being replace and plant to spend a lot of time at high RPM's in two weeks.
    I went ahead with the Huco brand. Have yet to install... Read some about them on the Volvo and Saab forums, seems to be a solid performer over there.

That Bufkin pipe is a very nice piece.

Then again, there is eBay if you want the Bosch unit....

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Go with the Bosch one, it lasted this long and HUCO is a definatley an eco option brand
    2010 XC90 exec, winter machine (V8 of course)
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition
    2011 Q7 TDI, general alrounder

Quote Originally Posted by fukinavit View Post
    Go with the Bosch one, it lasted this long and HUCO is a definatley an eco option brand
    Agreed. Have a new HUCO and while the company is German, making parts in India is not inspiring.

Being on a first name basis with my Audi dealer parts guy (tested him today, by just saying my first name for fun), and also in need/want of a quality Vreg, had him price it out with the other bits (including cam bearing cap bolts). And waiting in some heavily fortified German Warehouse, waiting for one of us to pull the trigger. Careful of that aim, eh.

Something like $275 for actual OEM part. Ouch, ouch, ouch.

After perusing the vast array of VW/Audi alternators, pulled the trigger and had one sent over today. Overtly obvious of the different Vreg setup but the chassis form factor seems the same (need to take measurements), including verifying if the Vreg fitment (swapping them). If it works will have a reasonably priced 150amp OE fit RS6 power source.

If not, some wiring adaptations could still lead to a plug and play setup. There's hope, it's just time and money.

Being that my Alt is OEM with 100K miles, the VR is cracked, the front end is off for major service, this is the time.