Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Restoration For Faded Black Trim and More

That looks awesome for six months and 80k miles. I am going to have to polish mine with a buffer too. Jeez! You put 80K miles on your car in 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    That looks awesome for six months and 80k miles. I am going to have to polish mine with a buffer too. Jeez!
    I never got around to buffing the car, I just applied the polish by hand per the instructions. Yeah, I'm equally impressed that it still looks this good after a MN winter.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

looking forward to seeing my car in the morning as its the first time its ever been fully buffed/detailed (other than my hack Zanio wax jobs)...won a free full detail at a handwash close to me...already saw the inside and realize i need to get it done more often. Hope it shines like V8s above.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

WOW!!! I thought you buffed it. I guess I better get better elbow grease then. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    looking forward to seeing my car in the morning as its the first time its ever been fully buffed/detailed (other than my hack Zanio wax jobs)...won a free full detail at a handwash close to me...already saw the inside and realize i need to get it done more often. Hope it shines like V8s above.
    No doubt it will look good. It just wont last as long as V8 has. That's after six months and a MN winter. It still does not need to be polished. You will find yours might fade in 2-3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    No doubt it will look good. It just wont last as long as V8 has. That's after six months and a MN winter. It still does not need to be polished. You will find yours might fade in 2-3 months.
    Yep, i'm sure it will but then its back to me and Zanio or try something new again (and the above does look impressive). My Zanio lasts 6 months easily too when done well (clay bar then several coats) to deal with Chicago crap, but what my car really needed was a good buff down after years of hairline build-up. Never mind the interior where other than leather care and a wipe down I have never (or had it) fully detailed so already the dash and carpets look fantastic with a little good product on them (leaves a matte but clean smooth look whatever they used). I want to try the stuff you put on here to begin the post soon for both the RS and the used TT i just bought mainly for the black trim restoration and see if it really helps the headlights.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible

Another thing about the Acrylic Werks is its higher melting point than that of wax. Want to see something really cool, Acrylic Werks polished rotor hats.......
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

now that IS impressive. Crazy. I used to really detail my cars (my old TT and Audi Cabrio) when i had a garage but i never got that nuts. Glad TT number two is in excellent starting shape although i need to get to treating the leather on a weekend very soon as its only part original owner seemed to skip.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Another thing about the Acrylic Werks is its higher melting point than that of wax. Want to see something really cool, Acrylic Werks polished rotor hats.......
    This is something I should have thought of. Man that's High temp resistance for ya.

I ordered some Acrylic Werks from GenXer and finally had the opportunity to use it yesterday afternoon. Color me impressed! It was much easier to apply than conventional wax, and the results were better! Did a nice job on my rims, too! I know these photos aren't the greatest, but note the perfect reflection of my neighbor's car in my door panel in the photo on the left, and the glasslike shine in the photo on the right:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-05-01_16-44-51&.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	11325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-05-01_16-45-05&.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	11326

I would definitely recommend this product.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Quote Originally Posted by vitalian View Post
    I ordered some Acrylic Werks from GenXer and finally had the opportunity to use it yesterday afternoon. Color me impressed! It was much easier to apply than conventional wax, and the results were better! Did a nice job on my rims, too! I know these photos aren't the greatest, but note the perfect reflection of my neighbor's car in my door panel in the photo on the left, and the glasslike shine in the photo on the right:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-05-01_16-44-51&.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	11325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-05-01_16-45-05&.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	11326

I would definitely recommend this product.
    Great Job. Now all you have to do is wash the car as often as needed up there in Seattle and that luster will remain that way. In my experience and others who have used AW, this luster and the protection will last a year or more, but personally I boost mine 6 months after the initial application, then I go annually if needed. Here is a little secret, take a 24-32oz spray bottle fill it with water and add a cap full of AW, shake the bottle to mix the solution and now you have a car detailer spray. You will really appreciate AW when you get your first bug splatter or bird poo on the car that you may have missed for a couple days and you see how easy even the baked on sun dried contaminates just wipe away without leaving any damage to the paint.

Enjoy
    -Willie

Good tip with the AW detailing solution! I will definitely try that.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude