Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restoration For Faded Black Trim and More

36x36 shop with 2x6 walls, insulated and air conditoned.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    What do you use on your Headlights, Windows, plastics, rubber and trim work to keep it from oxidizing?

I figured this would happen. Nobody wants to take the plunge. Maybe if I contrast whatever wax you use to Acrylic Werks I can get someone to believe what I say about this polish being better. The retail price shipped is $32 per bottle. I have talked to the guy who imports this product and he has agreed to charge forum members $27 shipped in US. A bottle is 500ml.

What ever wax or polish you use:
    1. Melts off at 104 degrees
    2. Has to be applied at least 4 times a year.
    3. Cant be used on plastic, rubber, or vinyl.
    4. Has to be applied in the shade.
    5. May leave swirl marks.
    6. Not Water Based
    7. Contains petroleum and distillates
    8. Can't remove oxidized paint.
    9. Can't remove headlight oxidation.

Acrylic Werks
    1. Won't melt away at 350 degrees.
    2. Will last one year.
    3. Will restore and protect Plastic, Rubber, Vinyl, Chrome, Glass, and Fiberglass
    4. Best results if applied in direct sunlight or on a warm surface
    5. Will not leave Swirl Marks (will remove swirl marks)
    6. Water Based.
    7. Does not contain Petroleum or Distillates.
    8. Removes oxidation from painted surfaces and restores the paint underneath
    9. Removes oxidation from headlights. (if clear coated polish won't remove it)

Last edited by GEN XER; November 17th, 2009 at 03:52.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    I figured this would happen. Nobody wants to take the plunge.
    Oh, I see, a guilt trip What do I have to do to get a bottle? Send me a pm with your Paypal address and a dollar amount.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Oh, I see, a guilt trip What do I have to do to get a bottle? Send me a pm with your Paypal address and a dollar amount.
    LOL!!! I will send you a PM.

Bump.....

I got my bottle in the mail today (thanks for the quick service Willie), and plan on trying it out this weekend. I'll post back with the results later on.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Very good. Looking forward to your review. Remember to hit all the rubber seals and black plastic trim as well. Especially at the base of the side mirrors. I did not take the time on the grills yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    36x36 shop with 2x6 walls, insulated and air conditoned.
    dhall, Curious, where are you located? I saw a mention of AZ somewhere recently. I need to get down to Scottsdale for some golf and sunshine soon.

Jim
    Kansas City

I had chance to try this product out yesterday and I have to say that I'm really impressed. I used it on every body panel, actually the horizontal surfaces such as the hood, roof, and decklid required two applications. I also did every single piece of rubber trim, all the windows, all of the grilles, and removed the wheels and did them inside and out.
    It's amazing how you can use this on every surface of the car without having to worry about staining anything. I was also impressed by how I was able to use it on the glass with no streaking what so ever. During use it removes all of your old wax as well as any other contaminants and leaves the ultimate clean surface. I couldn't believe how smooth paint was when I was finished, and the whole car looks wet. It also removes any old wax that may have been baked on to your black trim in the past. I accidentally ran my buffer over my sunroof gasket a while back and have never been able to remove the white stain, but this took it right off. Here's a few pics of my finished results, but the pics really don't do it any justice especially being overcast.

I should add that I used an entire bottle of polish on my car, so depending on how far you want to go you may want purchase two bottles. Oh, and to be honest, for some reason it doesn't work for our grilles, which is unfortunate. I took the time to remove all 4 grilles from the front bumper and hood as well as all three from the rear bumper and polished them, only to find out that the recycled bendy straw material that they are made of soaked it right up.

GEN XER - how do I order - PM me and I will try a bottle - I am always willing to try new car care stuff

I had chance to try this product out yesterday and I have to say that I'm really impressed. I used it on every body panel, actually the horizontal surfaces such as the hood, roof, and decklid required two applications. I also did every single piece of rubber trim, all the windows, all of the grilles, and removed the wheels and did them inside and out.
    It's amazing how you can use this on every surface of the car without having to worry about staining anything. I was also impressed by how I was able to use it on the glass with no streaking what so ever. During use it removes all of your old wax as well as any other contaminants and leaves the ultimate clean surface. I couldn't believe how smooth paint was when I was finished, and the whole car looks wet. It also removes any old wax that may have been baked on to your black trim in the past. I accidentally ran my buffer over my sunroof gasket a while back and have never been able to remove the white stain, but this took it right off. Here's a few pics of my finished results, but the pics really don't do it any justice especially being overcast.

I was just as suprised when I first saw the demo. This is why I had to bring it to serious car guys. I told Mark who imports this product that he had to give us a discount and he did and Im going to make sure everyone here who wants to make an order gets there discount.

I should add that I used an entire bottle of polish on my car, so depending on how far you want to go you may want purchase two bottles. Oh, and to be honest, for some reason it doesn't work for our grilles, which is unfortunate. I took the time to remove all 4 grilles from the front bumper and hood as well as all three from the rear bumper and polished them, only to find out that the recycled bendy straw material that they are made of soaked it right up.
    I used 3/4 of a bottle myself, but it is worth it. The protection is better than wax, it is more durable than wax and all you have to do for the next year is wash your car, which becomes super easy with the Acrylic coating. Most true car guys will still apply another coat in about six months but it wont be necessary that you do. What you have to do now is take a road trip and get some bugs on the finish and see how easy they come off. I dont know what material the grilles are made of and I did not have the fortitude to even try to clean them, thanks for letting us know not to spend the time trying.

Quote Originally Posted by s42ski View Post
    GEN XER - how do I order - PM me and I will try a bottle - I am always willing to try new car care stuff
    PM sent.

[QUOTE
    =DHall1;174867]36x36 shop with 2x6 walls, insulated and air conditoned.[/QUOTE]

Hey Dave don't you live in AZ where the sun may as well be in your house its so hot. Where do you park that big ol expensive RV. Surely its to long to fit in that 36*36. If it is sitting outside all year long getting beat up by the sun, then that paint really needs an improved polish to protect it over the long haul. There isn't a wax made that can protect better than Acrylic. You may need three bottles and a buffer to save time but if you are going to spend big money on your toys then a few pennies to get advanced protection from the elements is a no brainer I think. The RS6 may sit in the shop a lot but when you do bring it out in the 120 degree sun, whatever wax you are using just melts right away and you are left with no protection and a beeswax paste on the surface of your nice expensive RS6. Trust me get a bottle try it and you'll see.

Bump to top.

I cant believe DHall didnt have a comeback. He must not have been in here since I posted a response to his post. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by s42ski View Post
    I know you got the product, have you started any projects yet?

Wife's Lexus is getting a try - car is 8 years old and black. So it shows every scratch and spec of dust. Pretty impressed so far - also using this on the rubber trim which was faded after years in the So Cal sun. I tried to get my wife to use a car cover at her work

Oh and my car is still in the shop - did not feel like waxing the loaner