Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: The Audi RS5 will debut at Geneva 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Z07 View Post
    0.2s is the difference of a coin toss. Sometimes it lands 'heads up' and other times 'tails up'. As for the 911 C4S, not really sure what an £80+k sports car was doing in this test.
    That's true. People often forget that. Look at the drag race on Top gear between the R8 V10 and 911 turbo. First the 911 won it then the Audi won it.

There are so many factors to take into consideration. To get really accurate results each car should be taken around the track 2/3 times to see the best performance that can be squeezed out of it. There is no way that in every attempt the driver will manage to take every corner at the same speed and line. Also, some drivers may be better at driving the RWD M3 yet may not be getting the best out of the RS5's full performance.

That's why sometimes we have seen the M3 faster round the track and sometimes the RS5. I think if the Audi was lighter it would be a lot faster. You can see real potential in the car but weight really holds it back. Personally from day 1 I wanted to see a 4.0TT unit in the car for more torque.
    HKS786

^ Yeah, torque is something that's no problem for a car equipped with quattro. If Audi had seen fit to give the RS5 a turbo engine and put it on a diet then it might have been almost as good as the GTR.

New review. I'm not sure what color this is.....daytona grey, silver.......but it looks great.

I agree, great color. Some sort of silver?
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

The colour looks to be Monza Silver. Beautiful colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The colour looks to be Monza Silver. Beautiful colour.
    Agree nice one, tuff choice with black IMO but would have gone for black I think.

Looking forward to the first impressions from our lucky mates getting delivery soon....

I'll get mine on friday... not goign to drive it al ot as next day i drop it for a paint treatmeent protection then a week for sat alarm system and sound improvements... then logically will be able to take it back to go for the PARIS monthly meeting of the AUDI PASSION guys.... to then again drop it to change the interior as I wanted (and audi would not do it...)
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Any chance you can upload some pics of it once you get it. Interested to see it with the black optic pack and painted seats?

Here you go.... pics taken ny my friend at the dealer today...

and a picture actaully showing next to the dealer boss's RS5 received bascailly at same time also waiting to be driven.

Both cars have just been removed from its shock absorbers protection which explaign why they are so high... once driven a bit the y will reach their final ride height...
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

awesome mate, what a fantastic looking combination! love the painted seats, really sets it off... fair bit of $$ there to do it

you were going the same wheels just in 21" werent you from memory?

yes the S8 21 optionnal rotor wheels but when i got them they are to flat (non concave as for the RS5) so sold them .... will go for 21 but still working on defining what exactly...
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Very nice Youry !

Very nice car Youry ! Congrats !

Even if it's not my favorite color, the conbination it's more than great. Perhaps the mirrors same color as the car....but hard to say, the RS5 is one of those cars much more impressive in reality compared to the pictures.

Checking for your post tomorrow night....

Mine has just arrived. A little chance to pick it up for saturday. Otherwise monday or tuesday. The time for few kilometers (and pictures !), then 3 more days for a complete car protection (paintshield), as yours i guess. For information, in belgium, i can have very good prices on ROADBLOCK's films.

Well no I m not going for roadbloak but for product paint protection (not film). this basically corrects/protects the paint adn makes it then very easy to clean afterwards ( a bit like protech). but its won't be scratch free. The reason is that i don't like to loose the shinyness of the paint especially on the sepang blue which has a lot of special reflexions (as seen on the picture ofthe back of the seats above). Can you join us on Sunday Dec 5th in Velizy ? Two RS5 will be excpetionnal for a gathering...especially as i don't come often to that gathering...
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Very nice choice there youry.

Don't think this has been posted.

Autoblogger: Audi RS5 vs BMW M3 vs Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Youry,
    I'm so jealous! Congrats on he new car and please post up some real pics as soon as you have it!

todays dealer pickup:

[/url]
    [/url]
    [/url]
    [/url]
    [/url]
    [/url]
    [/url]
    [/url]
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Congratulations Youry !

Mine on tuesday. And of course, i'll be at Velizy.

So, first feedback ?