Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The Audi RS5 will debut at Geneva 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Fehli,

choose the option "Mirror housing in body color"- and ask your dealer to note the mirror housing color choice "Phantomblack".
    Thanks a lot I can do it perfect and what you think should we wait for the Sport Suspension Plus?
    I think its a good system or?

I don't know why, but I'm never a fan of any of EVO's write-ups.

overall i get the following gestalt about the RS5-

it is so refined that people think it isn't exciting.

funny how evo says the M3 is faster when no instrumented testing was done. i believe they'll be wrong once they do compare it. it is kind of like the GTR criticism in a way. the GTR is very fast, yet isolates the driver since it practically drives itself. turn off the nannies and it is a disaster to drive- practically uncontrollable given its size and weight. so people say- "yes, its fast, but not very involving. it's like you're just going along for the ride and not doing anything to contribute to the experience- like in a video game". audi now comes out with this car, that is very fast, but so refined that it doesn't seem that way and so it excludes that part of the excitement equation. this is exacly why audi will produce a manual tranny in this car. and why ultimately the GTR will get one- if not in this generation then the next.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I guess it's more due to people's tastes.

Jamie Corstorphine from Autocar liked it a lot, the guys at Autoexpress too and Tom Ford from Top Gear was "converted" after driving it in the Ascari circuit.

On the other hand, we have, for instance, Georg Kacher who was amazed at how composed the RS5 was in a winding road, describing it as "an unreal experience, and yet it is electrifying, intoxicating, and addictive", but he also felt that the car was too composed for its own good.

By the way, here's a little bonus. A gallery with lots of real life photos of a Suzuka Grey RS5:

http://www.vau-max.de/galerie/id=821/start=24

Anyone else have any links to some photo galleries from the launch?

Two more, the first one is a Misano Red RS5, the second, is a mix between MR and Sepang Blue:

http://www.evo-cars.de/galerien/?g2_itemId=55164

http://www.focus.de/auto/fahrbericht...did_28180.html

Awesome thanks

Car and Driver first drive:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review

The gallery contains some real life photos mixed with the official ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmg View Post
    Thx - however, having been delighted at the Autocar verdict a few posts ago, this comes as a disappointment since as a very long-standing subscriber to both Autocar and EVO I have come to highly value both Chris Harris' as well as EVO's views as a good pre-sense of my own subsequent test drive experiences. His views on the RS4, R8 and even RS6 show that he is intrinsically very open minded unlike many other journalists.

It is funny, I really do not think the E92 M3 is raw at all (just ask the E46 and CSL guys in particular) and if every mag says the RS5 is more refined than it, I am a bit worried. In fact, my RS4 was not more refined than my M3, although it did not really power oversteer. Still, as always, I will always make up my mind and I am still pretty upbeat on this car.

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Fab,

the RS 5 base suspension is a Bilstein gas damper version with a fix damping characteristic. The base version is not adjustable (Drive select) nor does it use the DRC technology. As a upcoming option, the Sport suspension plus will be available. Similar to the suspension used within the RS 6 (C6), this version is adjustable in its damping characteristic. You can choose between three settings: Comfort, Dynamic and Sport. In addition the Sport supension plus uses the DRC technology in its latest version.

Scheduled orderability is ~CW30 with a delivery in Q4/2010.

Qisha
    very clear as usual Qisha thanks, but big dilemma (although I am not in a hurry to order it) as I wil not make the mistake twice (first RS4 out there in CH) as it seems that Audi likes to get some nice new goodies few months later after launch.... (on the RS4 B7 case : black exhaust, black package, different front lights set up, etc...) quite frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil View Post
    Thanks for this vid. The engine/exhaust sound is amaizing !!! And gear changes are super fast. Handling seems quite good as well. Very promising !!!

Quote Originally Posted by qisha View Post
    ps: No further lowering is due to customer complaint -> rs 4 sportsuspension plus too stiff.
    gggrrrrrr old ladies should go for normal suspensions and let us deal with supersport set up what a shame !!!

From all the pics I must admit that the car looks a bit too high on its feet. I mean Audi RS must remain sharper and not try to get the maximum number of clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    gggrrrrrr old ladies should go for normal suspensions and let us deal with supersport set up what a shame !!!

From all the pics I must admit that the car looks a bit too high on its feet. I mean Audi RS must remain sharper and not try to get the maximum number of clients.

Well said. Does Porsche worry about the old ladies when design their GT3, or BMW their M3, or Nissan their GTR. There should be an option to have a lower suspension.

Hallo,

but a lower suspension is not available for the RS5 or?

KW suspension will take care of that and improve furtehr handling (of course with a little less confort but not that much less).... i will certainly not put on lowered springs which are never a good perforamnce solution (or maybe while waiting for KW to release it)
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

So in the UK we get DRC as standard with no normally suspended cars. Will part of the revised DRC system come as part and parcel of the infinatley adjustable settings through the drive select system? What I am getting at is will the UK get the adjustable DRC suspension from the off?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbersmill View Post
    ... What I am getting at is will the UK get the adjustable DRC suspension from the off?
    I am sure I read that somewhere.... for IN will be up and running for producing these DRC cars for Oct delivery